Post war: moms of boys!!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2013, 08:44 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I get lucky that I normally don't get sick but when I was pg with Zack I got sick all the time. The kids will get their flu shots tomorrow at their check ups.

October 22nd, 2013, 10:16 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
Missy, is he teething? Maybe his teeth are bugging him and that's keeping him awake?
Possibly. I've tried teething tablets and orajel and Tylenol and nothing seems to help with the sleeping. I bought him an amber anklet, but after some research I think it may be a crap one. So I ordered him a necklace yesterday from a place I've seen recommended a lot. Maybe that will help!?
October 22nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need to get DD in to get her flu shot, I just keep forgetting.

I hate the weird sensation when you start to unnumb.. So strange.

#1, 4, 5, 7
October 22nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
I take all three for their 5 year, 2 year and 4 month check ups tomorrow. Hailey gets the chicken pox and MMR. Zack gets his 4 month vaccines and not sure if Madison will get any.

October 22nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
Poor kids. Those shots are horrible... I don't think Madison will get any, we were told at Lillie's 4 year check up that she won't get anymore until she's 11.

#1, 4, 5, 7
October 22nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
I always hold off on the chicken pox and MMR till their 2 year check up. The MMR scares me a little (personal reasons) and the chicken pox here is only required for school so I hold off since she isn't in school. I believe Zack is due for the rotavirus which makes me nervous as it is. I know Madison and Hailey got the flu mist so I hope they can do that for them again. Madison will be happy if she doesn't get any shots.

October 22nd, 2013, 11:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I'm making baked spaghetti for supper tonight, since I just bought a fresh loaf of french bread. Usually I make fresh bread, but I'm SO exhausted from travelling and the time difference that it's really lucky that I just went to the store (and that was only because we had NO food here, how did DH survive three days here alone??)

On another note, we have these electricians doing something beside my building and they keep making the internet not work. Don't they understand I'm a SAHM who NEEDS the internet?!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
October 22nd, 2013, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We just had some sesame chicken and zucchini. Yum. and I ate sitting down. That's a first in a while.

I'm so over the babies not sleeping. I'm starting to think it's something I'm doing wrong. Corbin isn't sleeping at the babysitter either.
October 22nd, 2013, 04:12 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
DH is back on the road today. That and the crappy weather has me bummed, it's not too early for snow but I wasn't ready for it.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 22nd, 2013, 05:10 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is getting really cold here too. It has me glad that Tristans costume is so warm. I'm going to have to probably stick a shirt underneath DDs cinderella dress and make sure she has some warm thick tights on.
We got 4 pumpkins today. DD picked out them all...including a strange greenish orange one. I'm thinking it needs to be a witch or Frankenstein.

October 22nd, 2013, 10:22 PM
So frustrated at my DH....our 15th anniversary is on Halloween and he never has been big into going out...so I told him we are going out after taking the kids trick or treating and that my mom will be watching them and he is flat out refusing to go out and do anything. I am so dang mad and frustrated with him. We never do anything for our anniversary and just once I wanted to do something fun. And he doesn't want to and says that since we have kids our days of going out are over. Ugh that's just an excuse swear. If it wasn't for him having cancer I think I would have started throwing things at him tonight.

October 22nd, 2013, 10:42 PM
That sucks. Maybe he will change his mind. You still have a week!

My in laws left today... They were here to help during/after my husband's surgery. I'm kinda glad they are gone because while they do help, they also do things that irritate me just because it isn't how we do things at out house. Most of it is dumb stuff that doesn't matter, but it still irritates me. I love them, but I love them more when they aren't in my house.

I tried to go buy "sleep" books today on my way to the gym & the bookstore is now a golf store! Ugh. Lol. So I'll have to go tomorrow. But, I read some excerpts from "the no cry sleep solution" online (which is the main book I wanted to get) and I tried some of it tonight. And it only took me an hour to get Porter to stay asleep (as opposed to 3) and I didn't start trying it until after I had tried to put him down once. So, once I actually did, he stayed asleep when I put him down and has been asleep since. (2 hours.) I haven't gotten to sleep yet because I have a baby for a husband right now as well. Haha.

And of course I just jinxed myself and he woke up. Bah.
October 23rd, 2013, 04:24 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Leif has slept through night at 6 weeks old so I've been spoiled. But night before last, he was up 6 times! SIX!! Yikes!! He got his shots earlier that day and slept all day long. I paid for it!
October 23rd, 2013, 05:16 AM
Poor baby! Shots stink!

And I am so jealous of your sleep!!
October 23rd, 2013, 08:00 AM
Zack gets shots today and I'm hoping he will still sleep good tonight. He does sleep to be sleeping longer between feedings so thats a plus! Now if only I could get him to take a nap :/

October 23rd, 2013, 09:21 AM
Booooo for shots!
October 23rd, 2013, 09:38 AM
I agree boo for shots!! Tristan thankfully slept in his bed last night which meant I got to sleep in my bed for the first time in 4 days since we cosleep. And then my DD also climbed into bed with me and kept kicking me in the back and fell out of my bed. Despite all that I got to sleep til 10 am as both kids let me sleep in...and oh how I had missed my bed.

October 23rd, 2013, 09:55 AM
Both Hailey and Zack finally took a nap and at the same time so I was able to get some laundry folded. Now I just have to put it away or else I wont have a bed to sleep on

October 23rd, 2013, 10:06 AM
Porter slept in his crib... But after his initial 2 hour stretch, he was up every hour and then finally slept from like 7-9:30. I'm trying to get him to nap now, but he isn't cooperating. Mommy needs a few more hours of sleep!
October 23rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
The only way Aidan will nap is when he falls asleep on the boob.

#1, 4, 5, 7
Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search