Ebay & China: OT

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone noticed all the ebay items from vendors in China? Is there a way to preclude those items from showing up in searches?

Last week I saw cute hats for Ellianna and ordered 2. Free ashipping and a good price so I did not pay that much attention (should have - my fault). Purchased them to find out they ship in 1 day but will not arrive until mid Nov or early December. UGGHH. Looked closer to find out they are coming from China. I just saw a store name and didn't look into location until it shipped. In addition, I am weary about products from China. What if the yarn in the hats has chemicals? I paid via paypal. Not worried about the $10 - just hope there is no credit theft. Perhaps I over worry. I know people say there is too much litigation in the US and there is. However, as an attorney I really believe that worries over lawsuits lead to safer products. At least when I purchase items from US based compaies that are made in China - I feel that the US company may worry about lawsuits and that there may be extra control. Again it is only a knit hat - but I think I need to wash it 5 times before I let her wear it as she will find some way to get it into her mouth. I was looking for winter coats - and the entire first page seemed to be from China. Seems like the companies are taking over ebay.

October 25th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I buy stuff from china a lot. Our pocket diapers are from companies in china. There is an option on the left side of the screen to select only us sellers.

October 25th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! I just saw the option on e-bay and activeated it. In re-reading my post I know it sounds a little bad. I just really try to be careful with anything that Ellianna may place in her mouth - and these days that is everything.
MamaSkunk likes this.

October 25th, 2013, 11:36 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Yea there is an option to do us only. I bought headbands for Payson from china. I got 10 for 2 dollars. It's likely the same place bow makers get them because they can get them cheap. We also get our iPhone chargers and screen protectors from their as well.

October 25th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lyndsey - glad to hear that you had no problem. I saw the headbands and wondered.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search