Christmas Gifts for Others

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What are you getting the people in your life?

DH and I had a bit of a hissy fit last year. We got nothing but gift cards. Which would have been fine if all that we gave hadn't been just gift cards as well...and usually in the same denominations. We decided that this was ridiculous. So we've been planning all year about what we're going to make or other unique gifts.

I am taking care of the women in the family and DH is taking care of the men. I am found a super easy clutch pattern online and have just finished cutting material out for 2 of them, but will be adding a third tomorrow. I also just cut out placemats for my Mom. I got waffle muslin to make napkins as well but it shrank WAY too much so now I'm going to get a large soft pillow and turn the material into a pillow case as kind of an accent pillow for her new couch. So she's getting a lot (placemats, napkins, pillow, lol). If anyone thinks this sounds too complicated I'd like to assure you that it's all a bunch of straight lines and except for the purses, no hemming. And even the purses don't have much.

Still trying to figure out my step-mother and mother-in-law.

DH's gift is going to be the same for every man/family. It's going to be a homemade gift basket. He's been brewing cider all year and everyone is going to get a few bottles. They'll also be getting homemade chocolate granola and a soup mix. We're still trying to figure out a few other items to include. We're thinking nice smelling laundry detergent or something.

So far we've figured out that we'll be spending less than $20 a person but each person will get something nice and homemade and something delicious .

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

November 15th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH's parents are both deceased, so we do gifts for my parents and our godchildren (as we have 23 nieces/nephews and 3 great nieces/nephews - it would be too complicated for all them).

My mom watches Elli while I work. She gives us a check each year, and I want to get her something special. We will get her dinner gc for those times Elli has been a handful and she cannot cook dinner while watching Elli I wanted to find a fairy godmother bead for her chamilia bracelet as she is such to my kiddos My sister is the Godmother to all three of my kids. For Elli's Christening, I took the kids to a pottery place. We used the handprint of each boy and Elli's footprint to make a cross on a large round platter. I then painted it and had written Godmother. I am thinking of getting my Mom something along that line as well.

November 15th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our household currently includes Me, DH, 2 kids, my brother and his wife, and my dad and step mum. My grandmum and my little brother also spend Christmas with us. I'd prefer to do gifts for everyone - doesn't have to be anything super expensive - but everyone else wants to do secret-santa. So yesterday we drew names out of a hat, and I got my dad. He started going to hot-yoga a couple of months ago (so weird to think of my dad doing that) and he's gotten totally into it and hasn't missed a single day since he started. So I'm getting him a yoga mat bag to carry his mat and his water bottle and all that. Right now he's just using a shopping bag, lol. Hopefully he likes it.

I think I'm going to get a set of books for DH, of his favourite webcomic. Apparently he wanted it for his birthday which was just a few weeks after Finn was born, and I totally missed the hint.

Not sure what I'm getting for Finn - it's not like he'll remember this Christmas anyways. I'll probably just get him some new clothes in the next size up and a few new toys.

Fiona is going to ask Santa for a camera - she loves taking pictures and I'm tired of her filling up my phone with pictures of her toes and stuff, lol. I found a cute pink digital camera from vtech that holds like 1000 pictures and has a cable so you can upload them to your computer, and it's durable in case it gets dropped. So that's what Santa is bringing. Fiona asked me if I'd make her some new felt toys, and picked out a camping set out of one of my felt pattern books. It's a few felt logs and fire, a lantern, a compass and pocket knife, and pretend s'mores. So that's what I'm doing for a gift for her.
Kim3 likes this.

November 15th, 2013, 08:17 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
For a few years now, we've been too broke to shop for the kids, let alone anybody else. This year we will send out Christmas cards and that's going to have to be good enough.
MerinSun likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 15th, 2013, 09:34 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We just buy for my parents and niece. I'm not sure what we are doin this year.

November 15th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We usually buy for my mom, MIL, FIL, SMIL, BILs and SILs and niece and nephew.. No idea what we'll do this year, if anything.

#1, 4, 5, 7
November 16th, 2013, 10:55 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
DH is probably getting a sound bar/surround sound (which is more a family gift lol) and I'm getting my woven wrap (way early as I've already orderd it ha ha)

Connor is having a big Christmas this year, a nabi, play kitchen, basketball hoop, board games like candy land, power wheels (from my parents), possibly a trampoline from them also, ikea table & chairs from Tim's parents - he's already got a tub with a few things in it, chutes & ladders, clothes, a sleeping bag.

MIL - she wants cutting boards & tervis tumblers
FIL - no idea yet, he just had a birthday!

My Mom - a DVD player
My Dad - we got him a canvas photo of the kids

SIL - no idea
My Brother - no idea, maybe some ties or a GC to Men's wearhouse, he recently started a new job where he has to dress up in suits

Tim's Aunt #1 - electric can opener lol it's what she wants!
Tim's Aunt #2 - probably a gift card as she has to fly home after Christmas

our niece - I got her a duck dynasty tervis tumbler and we'll get her something else, maybe a DD DVD LOL

Poor Peyton is getting the short end this year! She's not getting much, a my Pal Violet and Sophie Giraffe....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search