I'm probably paranoid but...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Joanne Nicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I may be pregnant. It may be that I'm just getting my period back and it's hitting me hard, but a lot of these symptoms seem awfully familiar to how I felt about a year ago...

- In the last week or two my nipples have gotten so sore and my breasts so tender that breastfeeding is suddenly a very painful ordeal, and we haven't had any issues up until now. I thought it might have just been because Finn is more fidgety and distracted lately while he eats...but in addition, my boobs are noticeably bigger than they were a few weeks ago. My husband has commented several times, and I'm spilling out of my bras.

- I'm tired, omg tired. Not just sleepy, but bone-weary. But I've been tired for months...so maybe not a symptom.

- Last night and this morning I've been having menstrual-like cramps. Keep waiting for my period to start, but nothing's happening.

- I've been nauseous the last couple of days. Right around late afternoon/dinner time. No throwing up, but I feel like crap, and the smell of chicken makes me want to gag - Chicken was the only food aversion I had while I was pregnant with Finn.

We're not using any kind of birth control, though we are using the withdrawal method until DH's vasectomy. That's what we've always done before, and it's always worked for us. I know that the chances of getting pregnant while exclusively breastfeeding and without getting my period back are ridiculously small...so I'm sure I'm just being paranoid. I guess I'm going to have to take a test to be sure. Blah.

November 18th, 2013, 10:13 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Ahh! Keep us posted. I would test for sure!

November 18th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Super Mommy
i tested yesterday because i was experiencing almost identical symptoms and we've been somewhat careful but have used the pull out method a couple times so there's always that slight chance. anyways it was negative. i really dont want to be pregnant again anytime soon but i admit i was a little sad i didnt see that positive sign lol.

definitely test though and let us know!
November 18th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
KUP - I would definitely test even if just to ease your mind.

November 18th, 2013, 12:55 PM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
i tested last week too AF decided to come a week late!!

KUP

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

November 18th, 2013, 01:26 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been feeling similar. I tested and it was negative. But it's just these cramps that are concerning me. I had very similar ones for weeks and weeks when I was first pregnant. I haven't had a period yet and am breastfeeding and on the mini pill, but I know stranger things have happened! I don't wanna be pregnant again right now and I also don't want to start my period again. Ughhh. Let us know if you test!!
November 19th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Tested negative, so we're all clear. Still feeling crampy and sore and tired, but apparently it's something else causing it!

November 19th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Super Mommy
Glad it turned out the way you wanted (?).

And can I say that I love your choice of names for your LO! I have a Finn too! Mine is actually Franklin, the fifth and the Finn refers more to his being a fifth rather than a nickname.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
November 19th, 2013, 03:25 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I'm sure you were shaking like a leaf waiting for the results. I'm glad they turned out negative.

November 19th, 2013, 05:36 PM
It would have been insane to be pregnant again so soon, especially since we're not planning on having any more... But I have to admit I felt a twinge of disapointment. DH said the same thing. It's just going by so fast and that makes me a little sad...

November 20th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If I has a test, I would take it too lol
I feel certain that im not pregnant but I've been feeling those symptoms too.
I finally got my period. It was sooo strange though. I only bled in the morning for 3 days. I had cramping for about a week before I started bleeding. Now I have heartburn and headaches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search