Is he behind enough to be worried?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2013, 07:20 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am concerned about Grayson... He is not sitting yet. He was born May 28th so he is 6 1/2 months old. When I try to get him to sit, he just throws himself backward or tries to stand. Also, he won't roll from his tummy to his back. He seems like he has a lot of muscle strength and good core muscles, but he won't do it. He just cries and wants to be picked up.

I am worried because some of your babies are already getting ready to crawl! My poor bub

December 11th, 2013, 08:23 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
How are his other milestones?

December 12th, 2013, 05:56 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I think my son was like 8 months when he started sitting. Leona just now rolled over at nearly 6 months.

December 12th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Zack will be 6 months old on the 28th and he still can't sit on his own for very long. He also only rolls from belly to back and thats when he really wants to.

December 12th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aidan was born May 31 and just finally rolled tummy to back like 2/3 weeks ago. Could it be that he's just lazy?

#1, 4, 5, 7
December 12th, 2013, 07:18 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I wouldn't be worried yet, but if he's still not doing it by his next well checkup then I'd bring it up. Henry will be 6 months next week, and he's not crawling or sitting unassisted yet. Both of my girls were sitting and crawling by this time.
December 12th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would chat with the ped. Ellianna did not roll over until almost 5 months (and then sat the next day - literally the next day). She rarely rolls. The ped told me that he would not worry about rolling until 6 months. He examined her back muscles while I was holding her. He said she had good muscle strength and he wasn't worried.

December 12th, 2013, 11:44 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Porter will be 6 months the day after Christmas. He can roll tummy to back, but won't always do it. Sometimes he just puts his head down and cries. He has rolled over from his back one time, but it may have been a fluke because he hasn't done it again. He can sit up, but he is still pretty wobbly and falls over a lot. So, I wouldn't worry just yet. I am sure he will do it when he's ready!
December 12th, 2013, 12:02 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
Camden doesn't sit on his own either and his doctor said he was the strongest baby he's ever seen (he may or may not have knocked off his glasses and knocked the pen out if his pocket) he also doesn't get a ton of floor time at home because our house just doesn't have much unoccupied open space so that might have some to do with it

December 12th, 2013, 03:44 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morgan can sit but is still wobbly and tips over quite a bit. I wouldn't be worried yet.

December 13th, 2013, 04:55 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the encouragment... I will talk to his pediatrician at his next appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
How are his other milestones?
I think he seems pretty on par with everything else. He transfers from hand to hand, and has good grasping/shaking when he has his toys. He likes to eat (baby food at least).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmreed32 View Post
Camden doesn't sit on his own either and his doctor said he was the strongest baby he's ever seen (he may or may not have knocked off his glasses and knocked the pen out if his pocket) he also doesn't get a ton of floor time at home because our house just doesn't have much unoccupied open space so that might have some to do with it
We have the same problem with floor space. We are in a tiny apartment. Really the only space I have is a little in the living room. Especially with all the Christmas stuff out.

December 16th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Super Mommy
Finn is six months old today and he's still pretty shaky when sitting by himself. Most of the time now, he's more interested in crawling or standing than sitting. I'm afraid of what his doctor is going to say about it since he really wanted to send him to physical therapy at 4 months because he wasn't propping himself up on his shoulders at that time. The PT thing has been an ongoing issue with the pedi suggesting it every time we have an appointment. We did 8 weeks for torticulitis (although the pedi never would give me a term for it) starting at 5 weeks old. Most other doctors I've talked to since have said that even if he had a problem, 5 weeks was really a bit too young to go to PT.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search