Christmas wrap up

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
so how was everyone's Christmas.

This one was quite different for us - as it is the first time in a while with a baby in the house

I didn't get Ellianna into her crib until 2:30 a.m. (I has soup on Monday that I think may have had dairy in it - and now tons of spitting). Then the boys started getting up for odd reasons (cramp in the hand, etc). at 3:00. Finally, boys up at 7:00 to start unwrapping and Ellianna up at 7:15. My parents came for breakfast at 8:50 and Ellianna napped from 9:30 - 10:20 (so I could have a nice cup of coffee with my Mom). We then went to my sister's house at 1:00. Of course Elli wanted to nap from 2-4:15, and since there is no where there for her to nap I went upstairs and held her (just me and the news). We then came home at 5:00. Planned on going to SIL, but she was not getting back to her house until 7 - and that would be running into the time that Elli wants to nurse and wind down. This was the first year that FIL was not around (passed away in August) and DH's Mom passed away 8 years ago - so we really did not do anything with his family. Generally we would have gone to his Brother's house on Christmas Eve - but again it was too late given Ellianna. They keep wanting to get together around 7 or so. With the 1/2 hour drive, it is just too late for Ellianna.

On an up note, my boys were in the Church play. Ethan was a great Shepherd and I was so proud of Alek who co-read the Gospel with the pastor! He did a great job. Christmas just does not seem like Christmas without Church. There were many Wednesday night practices this year for the play - and they just did a super job all 41 kiddos.

December 26th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not how I wanted it to be. So to say I was disappointed, would be an understatement. I actually sat in a room and cried for a while.

My brother in law and two of his three kids stayed the night Christmas Eve, and we had to wait until my sister-in-law and the third kid got there to open presents. So we waited until nearly 11. I wanted Arthur to have a Christmas morning experience of waking up and opening our presents as a family in our jammies. Adults weren't allowed to open presents until after supper. By 4, DH and I rebelled and opened the gifts my family mailed us, just the three of us. My BILs kids beat each other up and screamed all day. I wanted Christmas to just be over.

The good thing was Arthur couldn't tell anything was wrong, he loved his wrapping paper and bows. He got lots of books and not one toy that requires batteries or makes noise!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
December 26th, 2013, 11:00 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ours was ok. We were at my Dad and Stepmom's house. Every year the kids wake up and have to wait upstairs until everyone is up to come downstairs and see their presents. This year my little sister woke us up and I rushed to brush my teeth and get Porter changed so they wouldn't have to wait on us and was out in 5 minutes and they had already come downstairs and done the whole Santa thing. My dad kept telling Porter that Santa was coming to see him... But Santa didn't bring him anything. Lol. We didn't bring any presents for him since we flew. They also got him a stocking, but didn't tell me about it and they didn't buy anything to go in it. My dad said he did, but he gave him two ring pops. Lol. So I went and got some of his toys and stuff we had brought and stuck it in there. They are obsessed with my child and fight over holding him, but they bought him one present (When everyone else got multiple presents). I would have rather they bought for him than for me and my husband. But oh well. Overall it was fine, but I think we may be staying home on Christmas from now on. Lol. Time to make memories on our own.
December 26th, 2013, 10:16 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It was pretty good. It was just the 6 of us but we enjoyed ourselves.

December 27th, 2013, 09:49 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
It was pretty good. Christmas Eve we went to my parents' house for our family's celebration. We had a dairy-free dinner just for me. We opened presents and then headed home at 9. I wrapped presents for the next 3 hours while DH watched a movie. Lily woke up on Christmas at 6:30, but Abri and Henry were still sleeping. We made her wait another 20 minutes before DH gave up and woke them up. The girls were thrilled with their gifts from Santa, us, and from my parents. After presents we headed over to my SIL's for brunch and presents with DH's family. We had a good time there until DH got roped into putting my nieces' basketball goal together that they got from their grandparents (not related to us). My BIL is not handy and had no real tools to put it together. DH spent several hours out in the cold doing that instead of spending time with us. The kids wanted to go home, Henry was tired of being held because the puppy would attack him on the floor, and I was exhausted. He couldn't even finish it, but finally gave up so we could go home by dinner time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search