Mommy Confessions

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2013, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Let's hear the crazy things you do!

I'll start it off:

I love the name "Rory." If I had had a girl she would have been named Lorelai so that I could call her "Rory" (ala Gilmore Girls). So I racked my brains to figure out how I could cover my bases if I had a boy, hence "Rowan." But the truth is...lol...I named Rory after a Dr. Who character (I loved "Rory" before but since watching the Rory character, that sealed the deal for me). There is an assistant of the Doctor named Rory Williams. My son is named Rowan (Rory) William }. My family will never forgive me if they find out!

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

December 31st, 2013, 11:43 AM
Super Mommy
if i know family is coming over i clean my house like a mad woman. i, for some reason, want them to think i'm supermom and can handle two kids and a super clean home. heaven forbid someone drops by unannounced! i'd cry lol.
Kim3 likes this.
December 31st, 2013, 05:24 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I shove cookies in my mouth as fast as I can because I don't want to share them with my girls. On weekend mornings, I pretend to be still asleep when the girls wake up before the sun comes up so that DH gets up and I sleep in.
December 31st, 2013, 10:00 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerinSun View Post
Let's hear the crazy things you do!

I'll start it off:

I love the name "Rory." If I had had a girl she would have been named Lorelai so that I could call her "Rory" (ala Gilmore Girls). So I racked my brains to figure out how I could cover my bases if I had a boy, hence "Rowan." But the truth is...lol...I named Rory after a Dr. Who character (I loved "Rory" before but since watching the Rory character, that sealed the deal for me). There is an assistant of the Doctor named Rory Williams. My son is named Rowan (Rory) William }. My family will never forgive me if they find out!
We got Payson's name from Make it or Break it on ABC family.

I act like I have it all together when I'm reality I'm falling apart. I hate the way I look and I question my ability to raise these babies in a way that they will be contributing members of society.

January 1st, 2014, 12:37 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
We got Payson's name from Make it or Break it on ABC family. I act like I have it all together when I'm reality I'm falling apart. I hate the way I look and I question my ability to raise these babies in a way that they will be contributing members of society.
Umm... I loved that show. Haha.

Your kids are going to be amazing people when they grow up!! Don't you worry about that at all! You are doing a fantastic job! And trust me when I say you aren't alone in not liking how you look. I am stepping up my game starting today... Not as a new year's resolution bc I don't do those, but just bc I am sick of not having any clothes that fit and hating how I look in what I do have to wear. I feel so blahhhh. And it doesn't help at all that I have Cyndi Lauper/Pat Benatar hair. I look like a crazy person with all these inch long hairs sticking up all over my head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerinSun View Post
I love the name "Rory." If I had had a girl she would have been named Lorelai so that I could call her "Rory" (ala Gilmore Girls).
That is my favorite show of all time!
January 1st, 2014, 01:07 AM
Thank you Hun. I know it's irrational but sometimes it's so hard!

Sometimes during family movie night I sneak up to the bath with a glass of wine because I need my time!

January 1st, 2014, 09:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL! I haven't snuck away to drink a glass of wine yet, but I can definitely see myself doing so soon.

I look forward to my pumping times because 4 times out of the day I don't have to do anything but sit and pump.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 2nd, 2014, 12:31 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for Dr who!!

Sometimes if I want something like to go to a certain restarant that hubs hates or random other things I will talk DD into wanting it and then send her to ask her daddy cause even tho he may say no to me....he almost never says no to her lol
MerinSun likes this.

January 2nd, 2014, 12:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I definitely sneak away for a bath and glass of wine Just 15 minutes but I do it 4-5 times per week
navywifey2003 likes this.

January 2nd, 2014, 08:02 PM
I have anxiety when good things happen.

January 3rd, 2014, 09:47 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
I pretty much feel like I am the world's worst, laziest mom. Ok I know there are abusive, neglecting moms that are worse, but you KWIM? I never got the trees properly decorated - I threw some lights on and Easton put some of the non glass ornaments on. The house was such a disaster I didn't even get any Christmas tree pictures on Camden's first Christmas because there was no angle you couldn't see the horrible mess and the tree wasn't done anyway. When I don't work til the afternoon, I will sleep with Camden some days and not accomplish a thing. This house is too small and I don't keep it clean enough (my husband does ALOT of the cleaning but it is not clean enough, you know) so Camden doesn't really get enough floor time and I feel like he is going to be behind and it is my fault. I am seriously just so tired all the time. I work crazy hours and will finally be back to a normal schedule this week. My husband has stepped it up being with the boys so much while I am gone plus doing a large amount of the household stuff. ugh I am a loser!

January 3rd, 2014, 10:07 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
Oh and the nickname that has automatically come out of my mouth for Camden since he was born has been "Fat Butt Love." That's probably not so good
January 3rd, 2014, 12:00 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmreed32 View Post
I pretty much feel like I am the world's worst, laziest mom. Ok I know there are abusive, neglecting moms that are worse, but you KWIM? I never got the trees properly decorated - I threw some lights on and Easton put some of the non glass ornaments on. The house was such a disaster I didn't even get any Christmas tree pictures on Camden's first Christmas because there was no angle you couldn't see the horrible mess and the tree wasn't done anyway. When I don't work til the afternoon, I will sleep with Camden some days and not accomplish a thing. This house is too small and I don't keep it clean enough (my husband does ALOT of the cleaning but it is not clean enough, you know) so Camden doesn't really get enough floor time and I feel like he is going to be behind and it is my fault. I am seriously just so tired all the time. I work crazy hours and will finally be back to a normal schedule this week. My husband has stepped it up being with the boys so much while I am gone plus doing a large amount of the household stuff. ugh I am a loser!
aw *hugs* i know how you feel! there are many days where not a whole lot gets done, if anything. this is embarrassing- but there are days i dont even brush my teeth or HAIR until i go to bed! part of it is laziness, the other part is i just dont get a lot of free time to myself. hailey is kind of high maintenance and takes up a lot of my time, even if it's just sitting with her. i always feel guilty if there's dishes in the sink or the floor is a complete mess. but i just remind myself that my kids are well taken care of and they are happy!
January 3rd, 2014, 01:32 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I rarely get anything done anymore. I also don't ever feel guilty about DH being up until 6am with Aidan. It doesn't happen very often, but it's nice to be able to sleep while he's up all night with angry baby.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 3rd, 2014, 02:24 PM
Quote:

I've been there. You are not a loser!

January 3rd, 2014, 10:33 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Our house is a mess. We are very cluttered. And we need to vacuum like twice a day bc of all the pets and we don't... Once Porter is mobile we will have to make sure we do though. But he doesn't get a ton of floor time either bc of the dogs. I'm trying to work on that!

Also... I call Porter "Stinky Butt."
January 4th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I call Aidan "Fatty Fat"
dmreed32 likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 4th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Payson is PayPay.

January 4th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The worse nickname we have for our kids is "Pig" lol

January 6th, 2014, 11:05 AM
I've been yelling way to much, I need to work on that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search