Snacking

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2013, 09:54 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So... Porter seems to be doing a lot of snacking at night. He has been sleeping in the bed with me and will wake up a lot. Sometimes if I just put my hand on him or snuggle a little he will go back to sleep. If that doesn't work, he wants to eat. He will seriously suck a few times and then roll back over and go to sleep. Sometimes I don't even know if he gets any milk. So frustrating! I'm so tired bc I don't get much consecutive sleep! Last night I can't tell you how many times I woke up when he started stirring and I had fallen asleep with my boob still out and it had been an hour or more. Lol. I don't know what to do to try and make it stop! If he isn't in the bed with me and he wakes up he screams like someone just punched him.
December 31st, 2013, 10:02 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I forget what it's called but there is a gentle way to partially night wean. Hugs Hun, I've been there and it's tough!

January 1st, 2014, 12:33 AM
Thanks. I don't want to night wean completely. I just wish he would sleep like 4 or 5 hours in a row. He has been doing this waking up every hour or two (or you know, 45 minutes) for months now. I've tried everything I can and nothing helps or works. And I refuse to CIO, so I have tried everything except that. I am starting to seriously get irritated with my husband bc he gets to sleep. And I have not had even half a nights sleep in probably 8 or 9 months at least. And he can't help me much bc of his stupid shoulder! Ugh. I need a husband with 2 functional arms.
January 1st, 2014, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wish I had some advice. Ellianna still eats quite a few times through the night.

January 1st, 2014, 10:36 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
No advice either. Henry snacks too. Sometimes I think he needs reassurance that I am still there. I might weaned Abri when she was 14 months old because she would snack every 90 minutes 24/7.
January 1st, 2014, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCrafty View Post
No advice either. Henry snacks too. Sometimes I think he needs reassurance that I am still there. I might weaned Abri when she was 14 months old because she would snack every 90 minutes 24/7.
I think this is a lot of it too. If he wakes up and I have gotten up to pee or something he totally freaks out. The same way he does if I have tried to put him to sleep in his room. I think he gets scared if he wakes up at night and I'm not right there. During the day if I have put him down for a nap alone he doesn't usually scream when he wakes up like he does at night.
January 2nd, 2014, 05:56 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I have no advice either. Zack wakes a lot thru the night to snack. I've gotten in the habit of just leaving the boob out for him and that way he can just latch on and go right back to sleep.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search