BF/Bottles

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mom2LillieAidan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Anyone else's little ones refusing to take a bottle for any reason? Zack will not take a bottle no matter the kind and who gives it to him. I never had this issue with Hailey. She would nurse or take a bottle no problem. I've tried the tommee tippee bottles I had with Hailey. I have a few playtex drop in's from Madison. Maybe I'll give one of those a try. If he won't take it I give up because I don't want to spend money on more bottles.

Last edited by Madison.Hailey.Zack; January 4th, 2014 at 05:59 PM.
January 4th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Was he tAking them? I waited until 6 weeks with my first and had major bottle rejection. Started at 4 days with Elli and all is ok. However if I go more than 2 days in a row w/I a bottle she stRts to reject it

January 4th, 2014, 06:03 PM
He would take the medela brand when I tried them in the first weeks but then we went 2 months without a bottle and he has refused to take one since. It would more be for times like if I wanted to take the girls to a movie or dinner just with the hubby.

January 4th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aidan is the same way. He has taken exactly 4 bottles in 7 months. I like to think of it as he just prefers his milk straight from the tap.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 4th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate to say it but I would bet he will not accept any bottle. You may be able to introduce a sippy soon.

January 4th, 2014, 08:59 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I don't have a pump so I don't ha e any advice.

January 5th, 2014, 04:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know it has to be hard not to ever get a break. Elli can go 3 hours during the day now w/I nursing. Perhaps Nurse right before taking girls and have dh meet you after.

January 5th, 2014, 06:01 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Finn has never taken a bottle. I've spent a stupid amount of money trying different kinds of bottles and he's refused every single one, no matter who's doing the feeding. It's hard never getting a break, but it really is for a short time in the grand scheme. Finn is able to go longer in between feeding now because he can snack in solid foods, so DH and I actually got to go out to a movie last weekend - it was the first time we've been out since he was born!

January 5th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Yeah I'm not stressing to much because I don't want him to wean anytime soon. I gave him an empty sippy the other day and he was interested till he stuck it in his mouth and it wasn't what he wanted. Then he fussed till he got the boob I have a bunch of frozen milk so I will mix it with cereal and put it in a sippy when he starts using them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search