One annoying DH thing

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By TeresaMomTo2Boys
  • 1 Post By crawmommy
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By laurenmarie
  • 1 Post By Mom2LillieAidan
  • 2 Post By Hopeful2BMommy
  • 1 Post By zkat
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Let's hear 1 annoying thing DH or SO does!

January 12th, 2014, 05:07 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
gets a LARGE cup of iced water EVERY TIME we watch a movie and during the quiet parts he chews on ice.
Kim3 likes this.

January 12th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just 1?? Too many to choose from ugh.
Kim3 likes this.

January 12th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For me, I do things super fast and DH is opposite. At diner he will eat normal pace. Ughhh - three kids. There is no way to just sit and savor dinner - especially if we are all at a restaurant. In that case eating is a job to get done before Ellianna fusses and I am walking in the waiting area with her.

January 12th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH is always on me about how fast I eat, but if I don't then I won't get to finishy meal. Moms get it, dads don't.

One thing about about DH that annoys me is that he doesn't listen to me when I need him to. After so many years together we do both tend to tune each other out at times. He's telling me about his day at work and I don't comprehend most of what he's telling me, or he's telling me all the technical specifications of some car, or recounting his latest video game triumph that I could care less about...I tune him out and just add the appropriate "oh yeah?" and "uh-huh" here and there. He does the same to me when I'm talking about girlfriend drama or craft projects or Doctor Who...lol. We both know that the other person isn't really listening, and that's ok. Sometimes you just want to talk.

The problem is that lately he seems to be tuning me out when he's supposed to be listening. Like, before Christmas I said, "Dad wants to get Fiona one of those stupid store bought chocolate advent calendars, but I'm going to make one for her instead." That afternoon he came home from the store with a stupid store bought chocolate advent calendar. When I asked him why he got it, he said, "because you said we needed one."

*facepalm*
Kim3 likes this.

January 12th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He doesnt know how to be quiet. When the kids are asleep i tiptoes around the house and keep the volume down on the tv, etc. He will blast the tv, talk really loud on the phone,etc.
Kim3 likes this.

January 12th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
He smacks my butt ALL THE TIME! It drives me crazy.

He starts counting down till the next hunting season starting on Jan 1st (hunting ends here Dec 31st).

January 12th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Procrastinates on important tasks, like applying for jobs...

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 12th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He will insist that I get him up when we get up and then while I feed Aidan, he'll fall asleep on the couch for HOURS!!! It irritates me to no end. Like really, why bother getting up.
Kim3 likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 12th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every time I bend over, he makes a farting sound.
MrsLat and Kim3 like this.
January 12th, 2014, 09:11 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Laundry.

He wears a lot of clothes every week (32 shirts last week) plus 2 boys so we are never caught up. I work M-F so most is done on the weekends. He always washes towels. We have 3 sets of towels, so we usually have some clean. Not a priority. Kids Jammie's, underwear, clothes -that should be first, right? Nope. Towels. Every.single.time.
Kim3 likes this.
January 12th, 2014, 09:43 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We will be having a conversation and he tries to complete my sentence like some cute omg jinx thing. It drives me up the wall!
Kim3 likes this.

January 13th, 2014, 04:03 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Alex is what I like to refer to as a "meanderer" He is so slow. If I send him to the store that is a mile away for one thing, like milk, he will return over an hour later. And its not because it is some cool store with man-gadgets. He does it at the grocery store. He does it at the pharmacy. I don't trust him to shop by himself for fear that if I was not there to light a fire under his butt, he would spend his entire day wandering through the grocery store looking at labels.
Kim3 likes this.

January 13th, 2014, 06:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Messes. I'm not the tidiest of people but i swear to God clutter just falls out of the man.

When he cooks he never cleans up as he goes. When he is changing the kids there is a trail of clothing and dirty diapers.

Several times I've come home from a long exhausting day of hauling kids around to appointments or dragging them to various relatives and he greets me with a "I did all the laundry!" or "I cleaned the downstairs!" And I get all excited. And then I realize he has a completely different understanding of cleaning.

Laundry will be clean but piled in a mountain on the bed or in baskets downstairs. The room he cleaned will mostly just be vacuumed. The surfaces will be coated in yuck. Nothing will actually be put away. Things will just be pushed to the side of the room and piled.

I know he helped, I know he did SOMETHING but it's like "Here honey, I did this stuff.......now finish it!"

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 13th, 2014, 09:00 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My DH has ADD which pretty much sums up all my annoyances with him. Send him to the store for milk and he comes home with juice, ice cream, cookies, a movie rental, and some random tool/holiday decoration because it was on sale and no milk. Wrappers or dirty napkins get left on the coffee table for days because he doesn't see them. Little house projects are always half done. He started painting our back door in August and it's still not done!!! Our front door is half painted yellow from mid December and all his painting supplies are still sitting in our foyer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search