Irrational silly fears

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2014, 08:50 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Do you have any irrational silly fears?

January 13th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Clowns!! Omg hands down clowns... I only say it's silly because everyone else seems to think it is but omg I'm terrified!!! Like crying when they talk to me terrified.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 13th, 2014, 07:44 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have two: people in character costumes (Easter Bunny, Chuck E Cheese, etc) and finding a dead body on the side of the road. When I'm driving or riding and see a large pile of trash, rolled up carpet discarded, etc I am always afraid there will be a foot sticking out from a dead body. No idea why I am freaked out by that, but DH says I'm crazy
January 13th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Birds! Especially water fowl.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 13th, 2014, 11:18 AM
I'm afraid of clowns as well. I'm also nervous about popping open biscuits, it always makes me jump.

January 13th, 2014, 12:07 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Too many, but mostly have to do with me or my children dying due to my anxieties. Like someone breaking in and killing my family, or one or all of us dying in a horrible car crash, or one of the kids not waking up in the morning....not really silly, but definitely irrational fears as there's nothing I can do to control or prevent it!
TeresaV likes this.

January 13th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribugg13 View Post
Too many, but mostly have to do with me or my children dying due to my anxieties. Like someone breaking in and killing my family, or one or all of us dying in a horrible car crash, or one of the kids not waking up in the morning....not really silly, but definitely irrational fears as there's nothing I can do to control or prevent it!
I have these too. It's tough!

January 13th, 2014, 07:22 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I'm afraid of clowns as well. I'm also nervous about popping open biscuits, it always makes me jump.
I get nervous with biscuits too! I literally have to brace myself when I get ready to open them lol

I have a fear of vomit. Not my own, but other people's. How have I survived motherhood, you ask? I have no idea. But if someone gets sick or even FEELS sick near me... I will run away. Seriously run. Alex jokes that if he ever comes down with food poisoning he is going to have to call his mother from the bathroom to come take care of him because I will already down the street running and screaming by that point

January 13th, 2014, 08:46 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Oh I don't do vomit either. Henry was 2 weeks old when Lily threw up on the couch next to me while I was breastfeeding. DH was at work, Abri ran through the house crying, and I called DH in a meeting. As soon as I said vomit, he was out the door on his way home.
January 13th, 2014, 09:23 PM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I have an anxiety problem, so I have about a million fears... but one really silly one is spiders! I don't mind seeing them from afar (very afar) but anywhere near me, or coming down from the ceiling... forget it!

January 14th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ants. Had a bad experience when I was a kid, living in a very slummy trailer that was infested with billions of carpenter ants. I can't handle ants of any size now. I will seriously lose my mind if I see ants in the house, and I steer very clear of them outside. I even start to go into panic mode if I see them on tv. Like sometimes we'll be watching HGTV, home reno shows, etc. and DH will suddenly put his hands over my eyes and tell me not to watch. He knows how much they terrify me.

January 14th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I have a fear of spiders. I will kill anyone I see. I also have a fear of dying and never seeing my hubby or kids again so I MUST kiss them all and say I love you before anyone leaves the house or goes to bed. I've sat up for hours in bed with my mind thinking of all the crap that could happen and sometimes I just can't turn it off. I get nervous when opening biscuits too lol I also freak over vomit. I can't even hear someone throwing up. If I hear it I start to gag. I gag if I even see Mike spit toothpaste in the sink.

Oh yeah and I have a huge fear of falling down the stairs. I fell down them when I was early in my pg with Zack and had Hailey in my arms. Hit my elbow and shoulder hard and it killed for weeks. It kills me to watch even the girls go up or down the stairs because I freak out thinking they will fall down them.

January 14th, 2014, 03:28 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Angie your falling down the stairs fear reminded me of one... I am pretty terrified of escalators. I hate them. I have a fear my pant leg is going to get sucked into it or something lol! I hesitate whenever I have to get on one and sort of "jump" on. My hubby laughs at me every time.

January 15th, 2014, 06:42 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribugg13 View Post
This to a T! I am kind of ridiculous at times. Morgan's room is downstairs and our room is upstairs. I will not start the dryer before bed in case it starts a house fire and Morgan is trapped in her room. Oh yeah, my biggest fear is a house fire. I'm also fear my own death. I didn't until Morgan was born. I couldn't imagine her growing up without her mother (or father for that matter).

January 15th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was younger, I was so terrified of the house catching on fire, I couldn't sleep until I checked to make sure the stove was off at least twice.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 16th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I am also terrified of dying in my sleep. Or if we are having a great time and doing lots of fun stuff that something awful is about to happen.

January 16th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm afraid of June bugs. I know they can't hurt me but just the thought of them always running into you freeks me out.

January 16th, 2014, 08:14 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
clowns
spiders
heights
large boats, just the thought of being out in a large body of water with no land in sight gives me the willies.

January 17th, 2014, 09:20 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I am terrified of tsunami type disasters and I have had dreams for ever about dying that way

I am also terrified of spiders and death in general.
January 17th, 2014, 02:15 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Grates in sidewalks or the street. I refuse to walk over them, ever.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search