Irregular postpartum periods?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always had irregular periods. Never had a regular periods from the time I was 13 until DD was born, unless I was on birth control. After DD was born, I got an IUD at 6 weeks pp, so I have no idea when my period would have returned naturally. I hated my Mirena - I bled for 6 straight months and then found out it wasn't placed properly and had to have it removed before I'd even finished paying for it. I went on and off various types of birth control, but they turn me into a crazy person, so eventually I stopped. At that point my periods went back to being all messed up again.

Now Finn is 7 months and things seem to be back to "normal" for me. I had my first pp period in November about 2 weeks before Finn turned 6 months. Right around the time I should have gotten a period at the end of December I had 1 day of super light spotting, and then nothing else since. Now this week I have been a raging, hormonal disaster. I'm feeling PMS-y...moody, sore boobs, tired, etc. But no period.

It's so frustrating having irregular periods. Especially since I'm not on any kind of BC right now. PMS symptoms are so similar to pregnancy symptoms.

What are your experiences with postpartum periods? Did they come back regular or were they irregular for a while?

Last edited by Joanne Nicole; January 14th, 2014 at 01:49 PM.
January 15th, 2014, 06:27 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I still haven't gotten mine back yet, even though I am barely breastfeeding (exclusively pumping 3x per day). I have usually been pretty regular, except for when I had mirena and the months after I had it removed. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon.
DS: '98, DD: '00, DD: '13, & TTC #4

January 15th, 2014, 07:41 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I haven't gotten AF back yet, but the last two times it came back pretty regular. The only minor difference was my cycle length. After Lily I had a 31 day cycle. After Abri it was 29 days. Then a few months before I conceived Henry, it turned into a 26 day cycle, but that could be because I'm older. I don't use hormonal birth control because of the side effects (I turn into a crazy, raging B)
January 15th, 2014, 11:05 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I haven't gotten mine back this time, but with Everett it was a big mess! I needed provera to stop the bleeding. I got the paraguard this time and I was expecting it to kick start my cycle but it hasn't yet.

January 15th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I havent had mine yet either. After my first kid tho it came back and was normal.

January 17th, 2014, 02:58 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have it back, yet. I am one of the rare women that have super regular cycles - 25-26 days - every.month. After Bourne they were a little longer, 26-27 days but still regular. It also returned 27 days after I weaned Bourne.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search