What's on your dinner plate tonight?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
What is on your dinner plate tonight?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I made white sauce chicken enchilada casserole with white rice. Yummy!

January 14th, 2014, 03:22 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^That sounds delicious! My mom makes an awesome chicken enchilada but somehow I haven't been able to master her recipe

We have a chalkboard where we write all the dinners we have stuff for after we go shopping. The only thing that seems appetizing to me is chicken pot pie. So I think that is what I am going to make.

January 14th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I had quesadillas since he has to write finals. Arthur had turkey burger, peas and carrots and pears...the kid eats better than we do...

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 14th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had black bean fritters. I try to make a few vegetarian meals each week to lower grocery costs and try to eat a bit healthier. Though it's gotten harder since we went dairy-free...seems like a TON of vegetarian meals rely on cheese and cream sauces. Black bean fritters are easy though, and my picky family will eat them.

January 14th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I make a meal list and then a grocery list off that. So each night I pick something off the meal list. (DH is a hunter so we have a lot of venison that we eat so that helps on grocery bills since I don't need to buy as much meat).

January 14th, 2014, 05:47 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I made an herb roasted chicken with carrots and brown rice. DH has a client that has a small farm. He helped them kill and clean several chickens so we got to take them home. It's nice to know exactly where your food came from and get it for free.
January 14th, 2014, 05:49 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had a chance to make my dinner yet. But I'm thinking grilled chicken and some sweet potatoes and asparagus.
January 14th, 2014, 06:39 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
haha it was Mexican night here too! I threw chicken, black beans, corn, onions, taco seasoning, and salsa in the crock pot this morning! Put it in tortillas with cheese & sour cream and more salsa!

January 14th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had pork chops, green beans, and saffron rice..

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 14th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Spicy chicken, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, baked bans and a roll.
January 15th, 2014, 10:06 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We ate out. We were out late.

January 15th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison.Hailey.Zack View Post
I make a meal list and then a grocery list off that. So each night I pick something off the meal list. (DH is a hunter so we have a lot of venison that we eat so that helps on grocery bills since I don't need to buy as much meat).

I really like your idea of makeing a meal list. I never plan ahead and then have ah rd time thawing out food thats frozen or finding something to make. We eat alot of vension too. We really dont ever buy beef. We are having tacos tonight out of venison burger.

January 15th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenmarie View Post
I really like your idea of makeing a meal list. I never plan ahead and then have ah rd time thawing out food thats frozen or finding something to make. We eat alot of vension too. We really dont ever buy beef. We are having tacos tonight out of venison burger.
I ALWAYS meal plan a week ahead. It saves so much time and money. I only have to go to the store once a week, there's never an indecisive 3 hours where I can't decide what to make for dinner, and I only buy things I need for that week's menu so things never go to waste. If something is on sale that I can buy in bulk for the pantry or freezer, I'll stock up. That way when I'm planning my meals for the week, I can plan one or two meals from what I've already got. That way if I want pork that week, I've probably got some in the freezer and don't have to buy expensive pork that's not on sale that week. Meal planning is the best!

Tonight for dinner we had pan fried pork chops, sauteed spinach with shallots, and roasted potatoes....mmmm.

January 17th, 2014, 02:02 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No idea what is for dinner. I have chicken thawed out, but it is Friday and I am feeling lazying and uninspired

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search