Couponing

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 2 Post By MissyBee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2014, 11:11 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we may have discussed this before, but who uses coupons when they shop? I never really did, but last week I only bought things that had coupons (and that were things I would normally buy, not random stuff just bc I had a coupon) and I saved $46! I'm going to go buy a couple of papers today and see if I can save more tomorrow. It's kind of fun! I don't want to end up with a stockpile or anything, but saving a little money is nice!
January 19th, 2014, 01:40 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always used coupons. My mom did when I was growing up so I've just carried on with it. I don't go crazy or anything. I only cut coupons for things I use. I do have a small health and beauty stockpile, but we're kind of short on space so I can't keep too much.

January 19th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I use coupons if they are big enough (like $1 or more). I am always racing to get done shopping so no time for 35 cent ones . I do use Target Cartwheel as I can search while holding a sleepy baby and then just scan my phone.

January 19th, 2014, 06:25 PM
I found that my grocery store will double them if they are 50 cents or less. I've got my list and coupons all ready to go for tomorrow and I'm going to two stores, so we will see how I do! Lol.
January 19th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck

January 20th, 2014, 01:25 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are avid couponers in this household. We have a very tight budget so anyway we can stretch it... the better. Stores aroundhere do not double coupons. So generally I match coupons with sale prices and then price match through Walmart. It probably saves me 20 bucks or so a week. But hey its an extra 80-100 a month we can put toward other things. Plus I get kind of a crazy thrill from saving money
Kim3 likes this.

January 20th, 2014, 04:57 AM
I know, it's fun and exciting to save!! I am only buying things today that are either on sale or I have a coupon for. And I have some things that are on sale and I have a coupon. So hopefully I figured it all out correctly and can use all my coupons and will save a lot! We will see!
January 20th, 2014, 05:36 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
We usually just buy generic brands, and sometimes our store offers coupons for that, but not often.

January 20th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would like to get into it. I dont have a ton of time tho.

January 20th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I spent like 2 hours yesterday looking through the paper and planning my lists. Lol. One store down, one more to go. Lol.
January 20th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I saved $85! And I got sooooo much food. Probably won't have to shop next week at all. And won't have to get much the week after either. Lol. And it's all stuff that I like! Ha.
MrsLat and Kim3 like this.
January 20th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was better at it when it was just the boys and they were old enough to leave home with DH while I shopped. I did all the lists then. I would often save 20% on my order. Need to get better at it when Elli is a little bigger. Not sure I will ever be good enough to hit $85.

January 20th, 2014, 06:53 PM
I spent much more than $85. But I have enough food for at least two weeks and a lot of it is things that will keep longer if I don't eat them (like soup, etc). But if I had bought all the same things or even some of the things without the coupons, I would have spent more!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search