First birthday gifts

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2014, 06:48 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone started considering gifts for LO's first birthday? I have. I'm getting Mega Bloks (we're big Lego fans), the wooden alphabet blocks, and this.....

B. Zany Zoo Wooden Activity Cube : Target

February 8th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Arthur LOVES his Mega Blocks!

I have been making a wish list for family on Amazon with books and CDs I want Arthur to have. Other than that I haven't thought about it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 9th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I have no idea. Maybe something for outside like a ball pit or another coupe so he can ride with his sister when she's in hers. I better get looking lol

February 9th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I already got Ellianna her gift back in September (I had Pottery Barn rewards that were expiring). I got her the pink kitchen set with the stove, fridge and sink. I have it all put away. I want to get her some pots and pans to go with it as well. She can use some of my wash clothes then as dish towels. I think it will be lots of fun to play kitchen with her Yep, I am enjoying this.

February 9th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was just thinking about getting Arthurba play kitchen. I'm going to have to follow deals bc those suckers are expensive!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 9th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't put much thought into it get, but now I really want to get him one of those activity blocks.. We're going small scale for his birthday this year, plus he'll likely get spoiled by grandparents.

#1, 4, 5, 7
February 10th, 2014, 04:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
I was just thinking about getting Arthurba play kitchen. I'm going to have to follow deals bc those suckers are expensive!
Steph - they are crazy expensive. I actually was at a Pottery Barn Outlet in a time of year that they had a sale and we had rewards from purchasing our patio furniture from PB. Otherwise DH would have fallen over at the price. Of course, the cute pink wooden set is probably more for me. Kids would love any set. We had a hand me down (and it was handed down several times) for my boys but we got rid of it a while ago. I know sometimes you can find them at a consignment store or lots less than normal price. In addition, I am not purchasing all the little food containers. Elli loves playing with my old milk jug and egg carton. Add in there an icing container, etc. and she has lots of play foods. (I have to say my heart always longed for a little girl. Now I adore my boys and have played tons of Thomas the train, etc., but I am eating up this opportunity to do as many girly things as possible. At ages 9 and 11 my boys refuse to do anything remotely "girly". Beg as I do they will not go to see Frozen As little ones, I even bought my DS2 a cabbage patch doll, they had a play kitchen, etc. Didn't matter - all they wanted were trains, cars, and power rangers. )

February 10th, 2014, 11:56 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I havent put much thought into it yet, we usually wait for our gift until after their parties.

February 10th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
I was just thinking about getting Arthur a play kitchen. I'm going to have to follow deals bc those suckers are expensive!
Steph - Do you have any consignment baby stores near you, like Once Upon A Child? I was at the one near my house a few weeks ago, and I saw a play kitchen that was $15! It was in good condition and would have been $150+ new. They also had one of those Black & Decker play work benches with all the tools, and it was only $12. Those types of stores are definitely worth checking out!

Edit: Just saw that Kim posted the same advice, lol. Consignment stores rock!
Kim3 likes this.

February 12th, 2014, 02:34 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am thankful that we saved the play kitchen my stepdaughter had.

February 13th, 2014, 04:26 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
No clue. We have all the big stuff like a Cozy Coupe and play kitchen

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search