Snacks

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
What kind of snacks are your lo's getting now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zack loves puffs and yogurt melts.

February 13th, 2014, 12:29 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Porter loves puffs and crunches.
February 13th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Super Mommy
puffs and cheerios!
February 13th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Puffs and cheerios here too! He was getting yogurt melts, but then I bought a new flavour/brand, and he broke out into a rash So we're sticking to puffs right now.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 13th, 2014, 02:52 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gave Morgan graham crackers for the first time last night and she loved them. She also likes the puffs.

February 14th, 2014, 07:05 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are mean! We don't do snacks! When they are older we do "snacks" like fresh veggies.
February 16th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
One of the grandparents got Finn some of the yogurt melts for Christmas, and he enjoyed those. But now that we're out, I don't plan on buying more. We do fresh fruit and veggie snacks in this house too. Finn loves bananas, cherry tomatoes (quartered), mango...pretty much anything Fiona snacks on, he does too. I love only having to make one snack and then just splitting it between them. Baby led weaning is so easy!
alittlelost likes this.

February 16th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cheerios and if I really need 5 minutes, a girl scout cookie Nutritionally, they say that snacks for babies are a very important part of their diet, and should be given daily. We try to carry cheerios in our diaper bag for her. There are days though that I need her in the high chair for 5 minutes and one of the GS Cookies in the cupboard works (as some are vegan and Ellianna is dairy free).

February 16th, 2014, 05:45 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, it is important for babies to have "snacks" (as in food between meals) because they need to eat more frequently than adults (who actually really should have 5 small meals a day anyway... but that's another story!) BUT whe they say snacks, they are NOT saying it has to be empty carbs or man made vitamins fortified into empty carbs A snack CAN be veggies and fruit if you want it to be In fact, nutritionally, they say that is the best bet

ETA: I'm not saying cheerios are bad, only that when they snacks they don't mean "snack food" in the way that adults think of snack food. As far as fortified carbs go, cheerios are a great option! We don't personally use them but I'm not knocking those who do! Just saying those of us who go for fresh fruit and veggies instead of yogurt puffs and cheerios ARE still giving the nutritionally recommended snacks, just not in the way most people think of snacks (ie: cookies, etc)

Last edited by alittlelost; February 16th, 2014 at 05:51 PM.
February 22nd, 2014, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
he like puffs, cheerios, cut up peaches or oranges

February 25th, 2014, 10:55 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
McKinley still has some texture issues so our snack choices are still limited at this point. She gags over most things that aren't of a purée texture. She has recently decided that cut up banana isn't too bad. She will also gnaw on rice rusks or pizza crust. Usually I just put her "snack" (fruit veggie whatever) in her mesh feeder because she gets all dramatic if a chunk of anything breaks off.

February 25th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
puffs, crunchies, yogurt melts, fruit, cheese, veggies
February 25th, 2014, 04:28 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
puffs are the only thing Grayson really eats that isn't a pureed consistency. And scrambled eggs. Otherwise we are sticking to baby food.

February 26th, 2014, 09:30 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
puffs or boob juice

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search