Moms of Girls...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By KellBell2621
  • 1 Post By hilachu
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 2 Post By Madison.Hailey.Zack
  • 1 Post By Josie+Shpala
  • 1 Post By laurenmarie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2014, 07:09 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you/will you get your daughter's ears pierced as a baby?

We did for our oldest girl (thinking it would be better to get it done young), but since we regret it (our daughter ended up hating them and then I felt bad) we aren't piercing Isabel's. But she can get them done when she's old enough to ask for them.
February 14th, 2014, 08:28 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I want to do Payson's. We did Katelynn's and she will sometimes ask to wear them not often though.

February 15th, 2014, 04:48 AM
Super Mommy
i would like to but i think we will wait until she is older and she tells us she wants to get them done
alittlelost likes this.
February 15th, 2014, 05:29 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
I am not that kind of mom
I will wait until she can ask for them
alittlelost likes this.

February 15th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I bet it is no surprise to anyone that I am doing my best to make Ellianna girly. She may want to play with the football, but she will do so in a tutu As for earnings though, I will make the offer right before she starts kindergarten. It will be up to her then.
alittlelost likes this.

February 15th, 2014, 07:33 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We waited for Lily to ask, which she did when she was 3. Even then we tried to discourage it by telling her it would hurt. She insisted (she's always been very mature for her age) so we did it. She didn't cry, never messed with them during the healing stage, and still wears the original studs 3 years later. Abri does not want them so we'll wait
alittlelost likes this.
February 15th, 2014, 04:09 PM
I'm impressed (in a good way!) by the mamas who wait. Like I said, I really regret not waiting with my oldest daughter. It was unnecessary and selfish (for me; I respect not everyone feels that way or does them for the same reason I had!) to get hers done. I blame it on being young, but really, that's no excuse. I'm glad she talked to me about how she felt about her earrings so we could take them out and let them close up and so I didn't make the same mistake with Isa (again, not saying it's a mistake for others, but I feel it would have been for us and would go against our beliefs about "self ownership"!).
February 15th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no problem with earings at any age - I don't think it hurts anything. I am just too lazy to take care of them. Trying to limit my too do list

February 16th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom absolutely refused to let me pierce my ears until I was an adult, so naturally I went out and did it on my own as soon as I was old enough to get myself to the mall.

I'm perfectly ok with Fiona getting them when she wants them. She's 6 now, and insists that she'll never poke holes in her ears, but I'm sure she'll change her tune in a few years. When she asks, I'll take her to get them done.
alittlelost likes this.

February 16th, 2014, 11:43 AM
What happened to us with our oldest is we got them done and we thought she liked having them until one day my friend wanted to pick her up and my daughter said she didn't want to go (which was REALLY WEIRD) and I asked why and she said because she always makes her put earrings in and it hurts her ears. I told her to just tell my friend she doesn't want to wear them but I guess my friend was like "But you look so pretty with them in. Come on!" and then my daughter would agree, even though it made it her miserable. When I found out, I told my friend we are letting her ears close up because she doesn't like wearing earrings and that was the end of it. Daughter is much happier now. If she wants them when she is older, she can of course have them! I just feel bad that we poked unnecessary holes in her body when she was too little to consent to it--which of course it totally an issue for OUR family and doesn't mean it's an issue for anyone else. Just basically we never thought of it that way or WE wouldn't have done it. But you live, you learn.
February 16th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I feel like a baby with their ears pierced is more of a vanity thing. I refuse to pierce the girls ears till they ask for them. Madison started asking at 4 1/2 so she has hers done but Hailey is 2 and does not. I don't judge those that do get their babies ears pierced but i feel like its more for the parent then the child.
laurenmarie and alittlelost like this.

February 16th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison.Hailey.Zack View Post
I feel like a baby with their ears pierced is more of a vanity thing. I refuse to pierce the girls ears till they ask for them. Madison started asking at 4 1/2 so she has hers done but Hailey is 2 and does not. I don't judge those that do get their babies ears pierced but i feel like its more for the parent then the child.
When I got my older daughter's pierced I reasoned it was so she could have it done without remembering the pain. But if I was being honest with myself, I think deep down I knew it was more for me than for her. and in retrospect I just feel like I should not have put an unnecessary hole in her body that she didn't ask for. but, hindsight is 50/50. anyway, I agree with your assessment, coming from someone who has been there.
February 16th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
We won't be piercing her ears.
alittlelost likes this.
February 16th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am waiting until my daughter brooke asks for them even though I would love to do it . I think it should be up to her. Not all girls want them.
alittlelost likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search