Sunday Service

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2014, 11:47 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Do you attend church on Sundays?

February 16th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did every Sunday for the first 18 years of my life. I think I've been twice in the last 10 years, just because I was visiting my mom and she asked me to go with her.

I was raised in a very strict, devout Mormon household. As a young adult, I went through 2-3 years of soul searching and questioning, and now I would classify myself as atheist. I think the only thing I really miss about going to church every week is the hymns. I was in the church choir for about 6 years and I loved the music. I don't miss it enough to go to church though.

February 16th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Super Mommy
we try to. i love our church, it's very small (only about 30-50 people each week). i went there as a child and i love that now i can raise my kids there. it's very welcoming and family friendly. i help out with jr. church which is just where the little ones (5 and under) go downstairs during sermon to play
February 16th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
We don't go.

February 16th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup! Not today though. Still got a sick boy!
February 16th, 2014, 12:38 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't follow any book of ideas, so that pretty much rules out all religions for us, eliminating the need for Sunday Service (or any other day service) HOWEVER, our daughter likes the idea of God right now and we allow her to attend with a family friend.
TeresaV likes this.
February 16th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I try to attend, but haven't since October, because pumping sucks and since my husband is Agnostic, he keeps the baby home (who we're raising neutral, so no church for him until he can make the choice for himself), and I just haven't felt like providing bottles for him, so I stay home too, for now.
alittlelost likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 16th, 2014, 02:16 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope

February 16th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
Nope lol.
February 16th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sort of. I used to go about 45 Sundays a year (missed about 5-10 each year). Then Ellianna came. Her nap time is right when church is (which I probably use a little bit as an excuse because I like to just relaxing Sunday.) However, I generally get my boys to Sunday School and go to one of the Faith Formation Classes (kinda like adult Sunday School) while the boys are in Sunday School. So, I have been bad lately on getting to the actual worship service, but fairly good on getting into Church for some type of lesson - if that makes sense.

February 17th, 2014, 04:24 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Not in a while. We belong to the Catholic Church, but I'm not Catholic. I don't mind going to church. It's been hard with DH working 6 days a week and not getting sleep for the last 8 months. The deacon gave us a major guilt trip about it when we were trying to schedule Henry's baptism. He also gave me a major guilt trip about not converting to Catholicism and not having a "real" marriage, but that's a discussion for another day.
February 17th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Courtney - that is terrible. When we got Ellianna baptized my minister specification said he knows there are times that attendance is hard. When you finay get baby in the crib At 6 am it is really hard to get to morning service. Also I am methodist and DH catholic. My pastor married us . Would the church really want to tell me as a mom of 3 that I am not married! Sorry your deacon is like that

February 19th, 2014, 12:52 PM
We go to life group every Sunday and then once a month we have a large service where all the life groups get together. We love the closeness and will miss it so much when we move.

February 22nd, 2014, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't but i need to. The problem is dh is catholic but im not so we disagree on which church to attend.

February 22nd, 2014, 06:29 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
^^THAT!! DH is Catholic and I'm not...we've tried a few random non-denominational churches but DH wasn't happy with them. I have been going to the Catholic church for DH and for the kids, but I get absolutely nothing out of it. Connor doesn't get anything out of it either. I'm really not into organized religion, which is why I figured I'd compromise on a non-denominational church.

DH's mom is sort of like Courtney's deacon...she would prefer us to only go to a Catholic church, she comments on the fact that we haven't had the kids baptized yet, and she made a comment when we got married (outside, not in a church) that it wasn't seen in the eyes of God.

I told DH I would join the Catholic church just to have the kids baptized because I know it would make him and him family feel better. I wish we could find a church that we could all be happy with and that Connor could get something out of it instead of just sitting in a pew trying to behave. DH was born and raised in the Catholic church, attended Catholic schools, so it's very ingrained in him and although he hasn't been in the church or an active member in a long time, it's still very much a part of him and he doesn't feel comfortable anywhere else. Makes it hard for someone who struggles with religion to begin with!

February 24th, 2014, 10:39 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I try. With Jocelyn and having CFIDS, I'm lucky if I make it once a month. No one at church knows who I am and I'm not a very social, out going person, so I don't fit into any clicks and feel uncomfortable. My dad used to tell me all the time, that you don't go to church to socialize. That's true, but it does make it more pleasant to go if you know you'll be seeing a friend there.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
February 24th, 2014, 11:35 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribugg13 View Post
DH was born and raised in the Catholic church, attended Catholic schools, so it's very ingrained in him and although he hasn't been in the church or an active member in a long time, it's still very much a part of him and he doesn't feel comfortable anywhere else. Makes it hard for someone who struggles with religion to begin with!
Yes!! Same here. I'm okay with the kids being Catholic, especially now that the pope is more relaxed
February 25th, 2014, 04:56 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am the same as alot of the ladies here. DH is Catholic, I am baptized LDS (Mormon). But after losing my son, and my diagnosis of MS... I guess I am mad at whatever guiding force or God is out there. I have a lot of anger and confusion so I don't go.

February 26th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Our church has been so amazing for our life honestly. Its a small group of like 8 people and we dont feel preached at or talked at. It has really been fantastic.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search