Who still pumps?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wondering what mamas are still pumping. I am now down to one time a day. Around noon or 1:00 I pump 10 ounces and that is enough. It is so much easier to be doing it just once a day, and then I nurse 4-5 times each day.

February 26th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Wow you get 10oz in one sitting? That is great! I just pumped the other day since Zack was sick and not eating as well so I didn't want my supply to be affected. I got 3oz.

February 26th, 2014, 02:12 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I pump on occasion. I usually get 2-3 oz from one breast
February 26th, 2014, 03:39 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually pump once in the morning. I don't do it everyday though. Some days I just don't feel like it. I usually get 3-4 ounces.

I just pump on one side while he eats on the other.
February 26th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I pump every morning just about, since I only get one ounce a session I shouldn't have stopped pumping every day, because I was getting 4-5 oz, but the I got tired of doing it, and now I need to rebuild up my stash, and I'm struggling.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
February 26th, 2014, 06:40 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me. I pump at lunch time and on my way home from work. I typically get around 6 oz on the lunchtime pumping and 4-5 with the second one. I used to get A LOT more. Morgan doesn't nurse as much so my supply has dipped. Thankfully she only takes 10 ounces while I'm gone (always has) so I don't have a problem keeping up. Three months and 2 days left of pumping. I'm not pumping after a year, because I hate everything about pumping. I'll nurse until she weans.

February 26th, 2014, 09:40 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I dont, Im lazy. I give huge props to all the pumping moms!

February 27th, 2014, 05:00 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I was exclusively pumping what I could, but I quit in January because I was only getting enough for about 1 bottle per day across 4 pumping sessions.

February 27th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've really only ever pumped when I was away from Weston which isn't too often. If I'm teaching I will pump whenever my prep period is or during my lunch. I usually get about 8-9 ounces. When Weston goes to a sitter I usually give enough for a couple bottles but I also send formula too.

February 27th, 2014, 10:40 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only pump if trey has gone more than 2-3 hours since last feeding, sometimes at night, or even if I need to be gone for a long time during the day, I'll pump him a bottle

February 27th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison.Hailey.Zack View Post
Wow you get 10oz in one sitting? That is great! I just pumped the other day since Zack was sick and not eating as well so I didn't want my supply to be affected. I got 3oz.
I used to pump 16-18 ounces in one day. I went from 3 times to 2 time. Now just one. When I went from 2 to 1 time, I pumped really good. That got me to 10 ounces. Now i just do that consistently, and generally get the 10. Elli only takes about 6-8 while I am gone, but I need to pump that to keep up my supply for her weekend demand.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search