I have to vent.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By Mom2LillieAidan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2014, 03:08 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am failing as a mom lately

Grayson is being a serious pain in the butt. He yells, screams, cries... yells... ALL.THE.TIME. I know my 3 year old taught him how to do it. He is frustrated that he can't crawl or pull up completely. All day long he is CONSTANTLY on his hands and knees, rocking back and forth, but he just WON'T GO. It is frustrating me just watching. He pulls up on the couch but only makes it to his knees, not all the way to his feet yet and again, he just screams and yells and cries about it. He barely sleeps. He goes to sleep at 10 pm and wakes up at 6:30am. And then is constantly tired.

I am so exhausted. To the point I haven't been able to properly potty train my 3.5 year old son. Between Grayson and this pregnancy, I just haven't had the energy to deal with potty training. It is terrible. He is still in pull ups. And he is still being a freaking nightmare. I feel like all I do is yell. I am not connecting to this pregnancy because I have no energy left at the end of the day to get excited. I just sleep.

Just had to vent. I am failing. And its depressing.

March 12th, 2014, 04:39 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I could come help you out for a day. You need a break. i'm so sorry you are feeling this way I'm hesitant to offer tips because I don't know if that will help more than hurt, but I had 3 in 3 years. 1) Eventually they all potty train. 2) Eventually they all become mobile. 3) If anyone is willing to help you, let them without feeling any regret! He is probably on the brink of taking his mobility to the next level and his mind is ahead of his body right now. I'm sure this is stating the obvious to you. But it passes. It's so hard when int he storm but once he gets through things will change. Isabel was SO funny while learning to crawl, now she has the hang of it. It is possible to have him "down" less? Sometimes kids who are "Stuck" need to be redirected to doing something else when they get frustrated. This is babies, too. When Isabel got frustrated with no crawling, we would change to sitting or being in her bouncer or even just holding her, or reading books or playing music or just talking to her. then we would try the crawling thing again later. For potty training, I would say give yourself a break. come up with a low-energy plan you feel comfortable with. Some options:1) diaper-free weekends Each weekend, try going diaper free. This is the most stressful of the options, but it's only weekends, so might be manageable (only you will know). Have him help clean up his own messes and get himself changed after. When he has a good weekend, try making it 3 days, then build from there.2) Every x hours. This also can be time consuming, but you can try it. Sit on the potty for X minutes every X hours. Whatever you feel you can do. 5 minutes every hour would be great, but if that's too much, try every 2 hours or ever 4. It's better than nothing and at least gives you SOME opportunity for him to go and be praised for it.3) After meal potty trips. Don't worry about TRAINING him or results. Just "Okay, breakfast is over, lets go sit on potty for 2 minutes." You can also add first thing in the morning, after naps, and right before bed. Or do only those times instead of meals. Or only first thing in the morning. Just pick a first step.Don't worry about it happening right away. Don't let it define your worth as a parent. Just make it part of the day. "Every morning, we will sit on the potty for 5 minutes." Or "After every meal, we sit on the potty". Whatever YOU feel you can handle. No more than that. When you have success with that, you can add in more potty trips. Yes, it might take longer, but it will happen, and it should be less stressful for everyone involved.HUGS
MrsLat likes this.
March 12th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Huge hugs. As for potty training it will happen. Perhaps when the weather is better he can play outside with big boy pants. I agree with help. While not a Hillary Clinton fan, nothing wrong with it tAking a village to raise children. As a society we should all help and will receive help. Family? Church members? Neighbors?
MrsLat likes this.

March 13th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Thank you. I do very much appreciate advice. Even just to reassure myself that things will work out. Kim--Unfortunately, I do not have much help. I don't have friends after having children young and being diagnosed with MS. I don't attend church. The only family nearby are my mother and stepfather who are severe addicts. I only get help from my mom a couple times a year for brief periods of time when she promises to be sober. She offered last weekend, which was nice. But she won't offer again for several months. There is an hourly daycare place nearby. If it gets bad enough, I will pay to take them there for a few hours so I can catch a break. Venting helps me get through a few more days. And it is almost the weekend, so at least DH will be home to help me.

Thanks for your advice.
alittlelost likes this.

March 13th, 2014, 01:30 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I would totally offer to come take them if I wasn't running Jocelyn everywhere. Maybe we could meet up over spring break. My older kids would love to just go to McDonald's and watch your kiddos so you can breath. I do remember what it's like. My first 5 kids are all 1.5yrs or less apart.

Hang in there and msg me on Facebook if you want to just get out of the house.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
March 13th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs to you mama. I don't have any advice, but I promise you are absolutely NOT failing as a mother.
alittlelost likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
March 13th, 2014, 10:45 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Huge hugs hun! I know its so difficult but this shall pass. It took a long time to connect with Payson's pregnancy because it was so unplanned and I was so tired but it will come! Potty training will come too! You can do this!

March 13th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8miraclez View Post
I would totally offer to come take them if I wasn't running Jocelyn everywhere. Maybe we could meet up over spring break. My older kids would love to just go to McDonald's and watch your kiddos so you can breath. I do remember what it's like. My first 5 kids are all 1.5yrs or less apart.

Hang in there and msg me on Facebook if you want to just get out of the house.
That would be great, Rebecca. I will message you on FB here soon. I have my cerclage next week and then I should be well into my second tri and feeling a lot better. I will be in touch

Thanks for the support. It means so much. I am feeling much better about things today. Just pregnancy hormones got the best of me, I think. I swear the fridge door could shut wrong and it would ruin my whole day haha.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search