Was she an oops

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 2 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By alittlelost

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I cannot believe how many people including non friends ask me this. I Am 40 and DH is 45. We have an. 11 and 9 year old. Reality is that by the grace of God birth control is not 100% (hmmm). I have no problem with good friends asking this, but if you are not a gal friend don't ask - like the lady ringing up my groceries. I came up with an honest answer. "We prayed very hard for her". You should see people's mouths open in embarAssment for asking! It is true, after that first u/s, we prayed very hard for her good health . Anyone else get these questions
navywifey2003 likes this.

Last edited by Kim3; March 14th, 2014 at 06:22 PM.
March 14th, 2014, 07:37 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing wrong with getting pregnant by accident either way but yes, some people ask if Isabel was planned or an accident. And I tell them our story and why we tried to have another one when we did and that it took a long time to conceive her.I find in life, there are many happy accidents. Sometimes things aren't planned. Not all accidents are mistakes, so when people ask things like I don't mind so much. (I think it's kind of funny lol)
March 15th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Super Mommy
that's horrible i think every baby is a blessing! whether they are planned or not
March 15th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Unplanned definitely does not mean unwanted or unloved. I really don't think people mean to be offensive. It is just that if you don't even know my names, my sex life is kinda personal. I now cannot imagine our life without three kids
navywifey2003 and alittlelost like this.

March 15th, 2014, 02:47 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So true, Kim! Science isn't perfect so neither is birth control. Nature's odds for you were different than you expected, but it worked out in the end. People are nosy or curious. I try to look at if from their perspective, too. Maybe they are on birth control and wonder how much they can trust it if you were on birth control and still got pregnant. But it would be nice if people like those would just do some research instead of asking people they don't know questions that might be taken as personal or upsetting. (That would require them being able to see past themselves, though, and many people don't consider the people around them). The good news is, you now have THREE kids to cheer you up when people are insensitive
Kim3 likes this.
March 16th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think people should just mind their own business and like you guys said even if a pregnacy is unplanned it doesn't mean its not welcomed or loved. People look at me and think my kids were unplanned. They are 20 months apart and I look like i am 18. I am married and I tried to get pregnantt both times. It does bug me how judgemental people can be.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search