Food stats:

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
What are your Lo's eating and drinking? Are they using utensils or cups yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zack get whatever we eat but cut up in pieces. He will either feed himself or I'll feed him, depending on what he's getting. He still does not get peanut butter or honey. When I'm done feeding him I give him the spoon to play with. He also gets a sippy cup with water that he drinks throughout the day. He still nurses on demand. I have given him splash of juice once diluted with water.

March 18th, 2014, 07:56 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eat:veggies: sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, avocado, yuccafruits: bananas, papayacoming up this week: pears and broccoliDrink: breastfeed on demand. a sippy cup of water for her to sip at when she wants.We started solids when her adjusted age was 6 months, so we are still a bit behind on trying things. I'm not sure when we will try juice. I'm thinking at 2 years, but even then, we won't make it a point to give it to her. We don't keep juice in the house so I'm thinking sometimes 2 or after she will get orange juice at a restaurant with her siblings. Bu maybe by then we'll decide to just keep giving water.Isabel can feed herself, but it's messy. I usually help. We steam and puree things right now though with our other kids we just did soft foods they could chew. I look forward to starting to make blends and add spices Not yet, though. Also no PB or honey.
March 18th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Finn gets the same things we get. The only thing he doesn't get is honey. He's already tried all the allergen risk foods and hasn't had any reactions. He feeds himself unless it's too soft to pick up, like mashed potatoes. Then I spoon feed him, but more often than not he grabs the spoon out of my hand and feeds himself. It's a bit messier this way, but I'm glad he is picking up on it so quickly. He still nurses on demand, so he doesn't get a lot of other liquids. He's starting to get the hang of the sippy cup, but never did learn to take a bottle. I usually give him a sippy cup of water with meals, but mostly it just gets thrown on the floor. I've also given him homemade almond milk (store-bought is full of sugar and thickeners and whatnot). He seems to like it. We don't really do juice in our family. DH drinks OJ for breakfast, but that's about it. Fiona has had issues with her teeth ever since she was a baby, so the only time she gets juice is on the rare occasion that we go out to eat, as a special treat.
alittlelost likes this.

March 18th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ellianna eats babyfood and some of what I eat. I am dairy free for her and she is dairy free. Hoping the reflux and eczema will improve soon so she can eat all those good milk foods like yogurt, etc. she eats bf off a spoon but other food with fingers.

March 18th, 2014, 07:24 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Peyton is the same as PP, she eats whatever we're eating, a lot of chicken, pork, veggies, fruits, potatoes, eggs, pancakes, cheese sticks, most recently yobaby yogurt....everything. The girl will eat whatever you put in front of her, and if you're eating, she yells for food! LOL She hasn't met a food she doesn't like! No PB or honey yet either, and no strawberries either, can't remember when we introduced them to Connor, we delayed them with him as well, it was before 1 but can't remember when exactly. She also drinks water from a sippy cup throughout the day and can hold it herself. No utensils or plates yet, she just wants to toss the plate around and throw it on the ground usually.

March 19th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Arthur gets whatever we eat. He hasn't met a food he doesn't like. He even know which parent to go to to get food. Daddy never shares. Lol. The only things I'm waiting on are peanut butter and honey, although dh gave him a bite of his ice cream at cold stone and it had peanut butter cups in it so he's already had a little exposure. He will drink out of a regular cup with assistance, but will only throw a sippy around, so we may be skipping sippies. He feeds himself from a plate, but only with his hands. I do feed him his applesauce though.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
March 20th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He eats whatever we are eating most of the time. He isn't picky at all and eats a ton of food. The only thing he drinks is breastmilk or formula if i dont have any milk saved and someone is babysitting him. I give him a sippy cup of water once in awhile but he just plays with it. No PB or honey yet and no plates or utensils.

March 20th, 2014, 11:09 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Porter wants to eat everything. The only thing I won't give him for a while is peanut butter. He doesn't use utensils or drink out of a cup yet.
March 24th, 2014, 07:35 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Henry hates pretty much everything except puffs. He acts like he is dying anytime I give him actual food. He was allergic to bananas. He did like the peach I puréed for him yesterday. He growled at the bit of pancake I put on his tray today before throwing it on the dog. He gags on potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, peas, broccoli, carrots, beef, bread, deli meat, grapes, pears. He still has dairy intolerance. I have never dealt with this level of pickiness before. I'm at a loss.
March 25th, 2014, 07:45 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
^^ That's pretty much how Connor was until around the age of 1. He is still a pretty picky eater, but before 1 he would mostly just nurse and eat random fruits here and there...and puffs and yogurt melts. Around the time he turned one he finally started eating more foods, but mostly mac n cheese, hot dogs, "kid food" I guess? lol nothing healthy! Only in the past year he started eating more meats and veggies, but it's a struggle most days. The only good thing is he will pick fruit over things like french fries, probably because he has such a big sweet tooth!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search