Experience vs Expectations

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2014, 12:38 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
When you were pregnant, how did you expect your labor would go? Did you have fears?

During your actual labor, did things go as you thought they would? Did you have surprises
?

March 20th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Super Mommy
my labor with hailey went so much better than my labor with my son. it was about half the time and half the pain (exactly 5.5 hrs vs 13). i had excruciating back labor with eli. i had back pain with hailey but it was tolerable. also my nurses were night and day. the l&d i had with eli was AWFUL. looking back i really wish i had requested another nurse but i knew they were short (i went in on xmas and delivered the next morning) my nurse with hailey was a sweetheart and very encouraging. so i was fearful after having my first, i was very naive when i had eli but with hailey i felt more prepared.
March 20th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought I would go into labor naturally, be able stay home and labor at home for most of it, and go to the hospital for the delivery. Oh, and I wouldn't get an epidural.I had to be induced. I begged for the epidural after 8 hours of laboring with zero progress. I was confined to the bed when I would have preferred to labor in the tub...yeah, it was nothing how I expected it to be.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
March 20th, 2014, 10:08 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought I would go into labor on my own and be able to stay at home a while and then go to the hospital, get an epidural, and have a normal delivery. But no, I was induced (which I did choose, but not until after my due date), had my water broken and labored for 7 hours on pitocin before my epidural and then after 18 hours of labor had to have an emergency c section because he was in distress and I sobbed through the whole thing. At least now I know I'll be having a csection with the next one and won't have to go through the rest of it.
March 21st, 2014, 07:48 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ended up going 8 days past my due date, which was unfortunate since my mom had flown up to be here for the birth, and she had to leave before Finn came. So that was really the only downside to the whole thing. Other than that, my labour went better than I expected it to. My first was 3 days long, so I was really hoping it would be shorter than that. I wanted to labour at home for as long as possible before going to the hospital, and then hopefully do it without any meds. When I actually went into labour there was no time to labour at home. The first contraction came on so fast and so hard that we were on our way to the hospital less than 30 minutes later. By the time we got checked in and set up in a delivery room I was in active labour and pushing. He was born 1 hour and 45 minutes after my first contraction.

March 21st, 2014, 11:39 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I expected it to go pretty much the same as it did with the girls. I was more dizzy during recovering and got sick for the first day and that I was not expecting.

March 24th, 2014, 06:34 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I expected my labor to go pretty much the way it went with Abri. My fear was that I would need some sort of intervention. Once it happened, it pretty much went the way I wanted. It was easy, quick without any interventions or really any hard work. The only surprise was that he was a week early. I was in denial and dealing with lots of contractions while I was at work. They kicked me out and made me go home. I thought they were crazy. Turned out I was in labor.
March 24th, 2014, 10:38 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I expected my midwife and birth photographer to make it in time. I never thought we would actually have an unassisted birth. Even though we prepared for one because of my previous fast labors. Looking back I am so happy to have experienced it!

March 26th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a plan c-section bc i had an emergency one with my daughter. This is a sore topic for me bc i really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wanted to experience vaginaly delivering a baby. THere arent too many doctors around here that will do a vbac and since my daughter just wouldn't come down the doctors didnt think weston would either since he was bigger than her. I debated for 7 months then planned my csection. It was really painful with brooke so i thought it would be again but wasnt. I think since i didnt labor all day I wasnt as sore plus I had a spinal with weston and was just so numb. I had a feeling since he was going to be born at 39 weeks by c-section he would have lung problems and he did. After a couple hours he was ok and breathing normal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search