Affordable baby carrier?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By MissyBee
  • 1 Post By Hopeful2BMommy
  • 1 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By Madison.Hailey.Zack

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2014, 10:44 AM
Super Mommy
Any suggestions on an affordable baby carrier? (trying to stay under $100, closer to $50 if possible) I have one but it was a hand me down and it's not very comfortable and i can only wear hailey facing towards me in the front. i'd like one that i can wear front or back. also is it even possible to get a good one for around 50ish or so?? we've spent a lot of money lately so tax returns are gone. and now that the weather is getting nicer i love being able to take the kids out for walks. my son who is 2 can walk along side me no problems (not a fan of the stroller) and living in an upper apartment and dragging a stroller up and down the stairs is just not doable lol. i know a lot of you ladies baby wear and i'd like to do so more often just want a decent, comfortable, affordable one

oh and the main problem with the one i have is that hailey's legs hang in it...like she can sit with them more wrapped around me. i have to hold her legs up in it for her basically which doesnt make it very hands free
April 3rd, 2014, 04:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have the Natibaby - which I would not call affordable. However, a lot of the price depends on name brand and pattern. I would think most 100% cotton woven wraps work pretty much the same - although I cannot say that with first hand experience. Perhaps a used woven wrap that has a pull - which would affect look but not function, could be found for $50.
KellBell2621 likes this.

April 3rd, 2014, 05:13 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You could get a Mei tai. Infantino makes one (I know they have it at target) for like $25-$30 I think? You can use it to carry on the front or back (but baby faces inward either way, like their tummy on your tummy or on your back, not facing out.)
KellBell2621 likes this.
April 4th, 2014, 04:10 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
If you are interested I have a Moby for sale for $50. Its to girly for Zack

April 4th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyBee View Post
You could get a Mei tai. Infantino makes one (I know they have it at target) for like $25-$30 I think? You can use it to carry on the front or back (but baby faces inward either way, like their tummy on your tummy or on your back, not facing out.)
I have this and I've liked it pretty well. I don't have anything else to compare it to though. I think it's comfortable and it's cute. But like Missy said, you can only face baby toward you.
KellBell2621 likes this.
April 4th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Super Mommy
thanks ladies! I think I Will look into the Infantino one
April 4th, 2014, 03:16 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had one of the other Infantino carriers and it was VERY uncomfortable. I only used it once or twice for that reason. I bought an Ergo and LOVE it. The extra padding makes all the difference. I got a great deal on it ($75). I know that's over your $50 limit, but I hated the Infantino so much that it was a waste of money. It's now sitting in her closet right now collecting dust. I'm not even sure that it is good for babies, as their legs dangle in it as opposed to the preferred straddle.
KellBell2621 likes this.

April 4th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Their legs don't dangle in the mei tei. I really want a tula. Hopefully I'll get one before the next baby is due.
April 5th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I have a mei tai that I used a lot with Hailey and its my backup for Zack. I found a great deal on an ergo and use that everywhere with Zack. I love my Ergo. I used the moby wrap with Madison and Hailey.
KellBell2621 likes this.

April 5th, 2014, 02:17 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBell2621 View Post
thanks ladies! I think I Will look into the Infantino one
I sent you a private message.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search