Gray hair?!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bribugg13
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By Madison.Hailey.Zack
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By Kim3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Super Mommy
Earlier today after my shower I decided to just part my hair down the middle (which i never do) and let it air dry....as i'm putting on my make up i look in the mirror and see GRAY HAIR- and not just like one or two, but a whole bunch!!! omG i'm only 28 Actually it was more like pure white. I mentioned this to my mom and she said both my aunt and my grandma started getting gray hair in their late 20's/early 30's. so i'm guessing it's hereditary. i was planning on finally letting my natural hair color grow out but i'm thinking it's back to hilites or color!
April 25th, 2014, 07:22 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I have the same problem, I've had a patch of gray's for awhile and it's been slowly getting bigger. I've never colored my hair before, but it's about time for me to take the plunge. Mine are silver, my dad's side of the family goes silver very early also!
KellBell2621 likes this.

April 26th, 2014, 03:56 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have the same problem. I found my first gray hair the day I went into labor with Lily. I was only 25. At first I pulled it out, but now I have too many. I probably have at least 2 dozen bright silver hairs scattered and I'm only 31. My dad went totally gray in his 20s. I was hoping I inherited my mom's hair because she has about as many grays as I do. I think I may just let it go gray
KellBell2621 likes this.
April 26th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I started getting gray hair in my mid 20's. I blamed Madison for them I just got my hair redone today since the purple was faded and the grays were going crazy lol
KellBell2621 likes this.

April 28th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I occasionally find a pure white strand in my hair. I've been finding them for years, and I'm only 29. My hair is a dark auburn, but it has natural blonde and lighter red highlights in it, especially during the summer. I find that the white hairs just kind of blend in with the blonde. I think typically red-heads just go lighter and lighter red over time, turning to strawberry blonde, and then eventually they go white. Also, when I wear my hair in a ponytail, you can see that I've got a white-blonde streak right at the nape of my neck. I've had that my whole life. I think it's kind of cool looking.

I don't really worry myself too much over going white/grey. You see starlets our age who purposely dye their hair grey, and it looks pretty. Out of all the things that suck about getting older, my hair colour is the least of my worries. I'd much rather be wrinkle-free than keep my hair colour. In fact, I have this image in my mind, of myself in 30 years or so...working in the garden, wearing a big straw hat and a long hippie skirt, with a yard full of grandkids and chickens...and pure-white pigtail braids. Yep. In my fantasy, I've got white hair, haha.
KellBell2621 likes this.

April 28th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have them (but I am 40). I get highlights and tell my hair dresser to ensure she blends
KellBell2621 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search