sleeping arrangements

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2014, 09:20 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Where does baby sleep? How has that evolved over time?

June 10th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Zack still sleeps in a portable crib on our room. I know he's ready for his crib to but I'm not ready to give up having his sleeping right next to me He's always been next to me in our room.

June 10th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Super Mommy
i originally tried to have hailey sleep in the bassinet next to my bed but she nursed pretty much constantly so it was easier to keep her in bed with me...and to this day that's where she sleeps As for naps, I usually just lay in bed with her or she'll sleep in my lap out on the couch.
June 10th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Weston sleeps in a crib in our room. It went from a bassinet to the crib. I want to put the crib in his room but I had to wait for it to warm up outside bc his room isnt heated. We turned our basement into a living room and a bedroom and we have to put in a heating system this summer. It's warm enough now but now i have to wait for dh to help me move the crib.
June 10th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Arthur sleeps in the crib in his room. He started off in the pack and play in our room, and then it was me and him sleeping on the futon together, and then finally him in his own bed in his own room. He still occasionally sleeps in bed with me, especially if hes' teething.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
June 11th, 2014, 07:30 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morgan sleeps in her crib in her own room. She slept in the newborn insert in her pack n play in our room when she was a newborn, but transitioned to her crib pretty early on because every little sound was waking me up.

June 11th, 2014, 09:05 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When she came home from the NICU, she slept with me. She still does. Since sleeping with me has literally saved her life multiple times, I feel better with things this way, though she's had no issues for the last few months now. She does sleep alone sometimes during the day or before I come to bed at night. I want to transition her to a crib eventually, but I'm not in a rush. All my kids were in "big kid beds" around 1 year old, but I think Isabel will take longer, and I'm going to enjoy every snuggle in the meantime
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!
Check out the Attachment Parenting Board for Effective Parenting Solutions.
PM me if have questions about autism, TTC gender swaying, natural childbirth, going "vaccine-free", or if you are looking for gentle discipline advice.
June 12th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eli started in the pack n play, moved to crib, to our bed, back to crib, to our bed, and is now in his crib in his room.
I'm Amy
Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
June 14th, 2014, 02:19 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Porter started out in a bassinet in our room. Then in the bed with me because it was easier and he wouldn't stay asleep in the bassinet. Then he got to where he didn't want to be in the bed with me, so he slept in his crib. Then I got sick of getting zero sleep bc he has always woken up so much, so I tried the bed again and that is where he has stayed. I do whatever maximizes my sleep at this point! He had a short phase of sleeping in the rock n play at night, but mostly would sleep it in for naps. Early on he took amazing naps in the swing. I wish that still worked. Ha. He mostly now naps either in bed with me or on my lap on the couch or I'll wear him for a nap. But, one thing that hasn't changed is that no matter where he sleeps, he doesn't sleep very long.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search