Any others?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By alittlelost
  • 1 Post By MissyBee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Hello everyone~

I just joined this message board, my sister recommended it, and I am wondering if I am alone in this. My little girl is 13 months old and used to sleep through the night (at about 2 months-5 months). She did this all on her own! Then, it slowly stopped. Since about November, she's been waking up anywhere between 1-4 times a night. Lately, I think it's due to teething, as well as having a cold. But the past couple days, she's even been fighting naps when I know she is exhausted. Last night, she woke up but wouldn't go back in her crib when I tried to put her down, so I ended up sleeping with her, but even then she just wouldn't settle down.
She nurses to sleep, and I'm not sure how to get her out of that habit, but it works for now (usually). She isn't on a ton of solid foods, just depends on the day and her mood.
I am not a supporter of the CIO method, but I'm just getting exhausted and so is she. Any suggestions? Will this last forever?!
July 7th, 2014, 12:32 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
First off welcome to the board! Secondly, no this won't last forever! She could be going through a growth spurt, teething, it really could be anything. Hugs, it can be difficult but this to shall pass.
kaycee118 likes this.

July 7th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the board! I too nurse to sleep, and I'm of the mind that he'll stop when he doesn't need it anymore. I find when he's teething (like he is now) that he is up a lot more during the night, and doesn't want to sleep because his mouth hurts. If yours is teething, I'm sure once those stubborn teeth break through, she will start sleeping better. Other than that I have no advice, just know you're not alone.
kaycee118 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
July 7th, 2014, 08:08 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It won't last forever! Most likely, she's going through a cognitive leap. When children go through leaps (usually before they start doing something new psychically or cognitively) they sleep less! Just keep being there for her and keep that bond strong. She'll be sleeping well again before you know it. (hugs)
kaycee118 likes this.
July 8th, 2014, 10:00 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel your pain. My baby doesn't sleep. He never has. We nurse to sleep. He wakes up a minimum of 3 times every night. And that's a super good night which are rare. Usually it's every couple of hours or less. I am one tired mama because it has been like this for over a year now. I refuse to let him cry. And if I try to lay him in the crib asleep he wakes up. Every. Single. Time. He sleeps in the bed with me and naps with me in the bed or on my lap on the couch or sometimes in the car if he falls asleep. I'm sad he is too big for the rock n play because it was the only other place he would nap once he outgrew the swing. But he isn't a great napper either. I don't have any advice because obviously I am in the same boat. But, I just wanted you to know you weren't alone!
kaycee118 likes this.
July 9th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Thanks everyone! It's good to know I'm not alone. That sure helps, especially on those sleepless nights. Hopefully our little ones will start sleeping better sooner than later. I keep reminding myself that this phase won't last forever, and that my little girl is growing up fast, so try to cherish this time. Sometimes it's hard when I'm so tired haha, but it's a good reminder.
Anyway, good to know I'm not alone!
July 10th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome!! My boy typically sleeps through night but just last night he woke up twice. Just screaming. I'm hoping its teething. Hugs!
July 10th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First off, welcome to the board. No it wont last forever and no your not alone. My son did a similar thing. Around 3 months he was only getting up once or twice and i thought wow he is a better sleeper than my daughter ever was but sadly that only lasted a couple months. He is now back to every couple hours. Some nights he does sleep most of the night but i think its just a fluke there is no reason to it. I agree with the girls that it could be teething, growth spurts, even the weather if it is really hot where you are. I also think it could be a comfort thing, i know my son only gets up bc he wants to nurse for comfort bc he wont take a bottle at night. I dont think he is that hungry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search