TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By neji

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2008, 03:34 AM
jelandusn's Avatar Veteran
Well, I thought I would start a journal and keep it up until I get a BFP. Hopefully it doesn't take too long!! This is my first month officially trying and using an opk. I am on day 19 and might have ovulated 2 days ago. I started using the opk to pinpoint ovulation but never got a positive. I did however get a temp drop and then a rise for the past 2 days so we'll see if things still stay up. Hmmm... I guess I'll go on to my feelings. Last night I noticed my breasts were a little tender and I have slight cramps on my right side. I do get sore breast after ovulation so I'm guessing my chart was right. Oh and I've been feeling a little sick and tired which is also normal around this time. I think after I run out of test strips I will only chart and not use an opk. It's too much to have to remember when to pee and to take my temp every day. Plus I didn't even get a positive and I test twice a day. I will post again tomorrow to see if my temp stays up. If so, I will be 3 days into the tww!

My Chart
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1d7bf5
October 21st, 2008, 04:54 PM
Ok, so now I'm totally confused and guessing I haven't ovulated. Atleast according to FF I haven't. My temp is still above my lower temps at the beginning of my cycle but a little lower than yesterday. I thought for sure I would get cross hairs, but it still says ovulation not detected. I also think that my opk was positive for three days around the time my temp shift so I added that to my chart and still nothing. I read that on some tests you should take the darkest part of the test line and compare it to the control line and if I do that, I get a positive on days 16-18 of my cycle. Oh well. I guess I have to keep charting. I was looking forward to not having to take my temp for 2 weeks while I wait. I guess I also should still use the opk. If I have trouble pinpointing ovulation using opk and charting for 3 cycles I'll go to the doctor and get checked out. I was worried I wasn't ovulating because my cycles aren't regular and my fears are getting worse.

My Chart
October 22nd, 2008, 05:36 PM
FF finally gave me an ovulation date! It's the day after I thought I ovulated. So, now that I have an ovulation date, I'm going to stop temping and make myself super busy so I won't go crazy during the tww. That means I won't be writing much here, either. Unless I have symptoms or something...

My Chart
October 27th, 2008, 01:24 AM
I am 7dpo but I'm still not sure if I believe it or not. I don't have any symptoms at all. Usually my breasts get sore after I ovulate and now they still feel fine. Also, my temp isn't high at all. I have kept temping because it didn't get high and it has only been around 97.9-98.1. That's where it was before I "ovulated" which is why I'm doubtful. We'll see what happens in a week. I get the feeling, though, that it's going to be one of those long cycles where I never ovulate...

My Chart
October 27th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I've been getting really annoying cramps since last night. I think it might be because I had diarrhea last night. This morning I'm still very crampy, AF like cramps, but haven't felt the need to go to the bathroom. I was also very tired yesterday and today and my breasts are sore, so I think I did ovulate. I'm not sure why my temps are so low, though. These things, (minus the cramps), are all normal for the end of my cycle, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

My Chart
November 4th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Here's a quick update. I tested at 11dpo and got a bfn. But, the good news is, I think I ovulated 4 days later than FF says. I kept temping because I just didn't believe I ovulated since there was no rise above my starting point. 4 days after FF gave me cross hairs, I got another dip and this time my temp did rise so I'm pretty sure that was my O day. If I hadn't lost my thermometer in the move, I'd still be temping and I'm pretty sure FF would have moved my O date. As it is, going by the first date, I am 16dpo and going by the second date I am 12dpo. I think I'll wait until monday or so to test again. I've been having a lot of cramps and my nipples are still sore which is a good sign. Usually they get better about 2-3 days before AF comes. The cramps are new, though. I never get cramps until after I start. I don't want to get my hopes up, though, so let's just say it's gas...

My Chart
November 17th, 2008, 04:58 PM
It has taken me a while to update, but AF came 10 days ago. I'm actually very relived. I was worried that I wasn't ovulating, or my LP was too short but I am ovulating and my LP is 14 days! The only problem is my cycle is so long, so I have to wait so long to ovulate. I think starting tomorrow I'll start taking my temps. It'll be cd11 so still a little early, but I think I should start doing something before I forget what day I'm on and miss ovulation. Starting cd16 I'll start using the opk but only once a day. Last month it was such a hassle to do it twice a day and I still never got a positive. I don't expect to ovulate until cd20 or 22 so I have a while...

My Chart
December 1st, 2008, 01:07 PM
Crunchymommy's Avatar Mama of 3 beautiful girls
Send a message via AIM to Crunchymommy Send a message via MSN to Crunchymommy Send a message via Yahoo to Crunchymommy
Good luck!

Thanks to *Sharon* for my beautiful siggy

December 1st, 2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks a lot Laura! Unfortunately, I think I'm out for this month. Hubby put off going in for his testosterone shot, so his friend isn't cooperating. I think I ovulated a couple of days ago, but since I wasn't going to be able to catch my eggy, I haven't been taking my temp regularly. I used a opk stick on thursday and it was really dark but not quite positive. I took another one on monday and there was a line so faint that I could barely see it. So, I probably ovulated saturday or sunday. My breasts are a little sore, so we'll see what they do in a couple of days. If they get a little more sore than I'll be sure I ovulated. I was really mad at hubby for not going to the doctor on time, but now I'm a little grateful. I will have this month to track my symptoms so that I can see what's normal for me. I never paid attention to my cycles until after ttc, so, right now, everything is a pregnancy symptom! Some things may be normal, so I'll use this cycle as a learning cycle. That way, later on, when something odd does happen, I'll know! Yay for taking a month off!!
Here are my symptoms now at around 3dpo
Slight cramping and tender nipples. I'm also super tired, but I think that's because my dog kept me awake all day on saturday. We went on vacation and stayed the night in a hotel with 2 of our dogs. I will NEVER be sharing a room ever again with our Tenten! She woke me up every hour!!! Then hubby got mad at me because I accidently woke him up twice that night. I told him how horribly I slept, but he said it was between me and the dog and he should not have been included. Sometimes hubbies can be such buttfaces!!

My Chart
December 3rd, 2008, 11:47 PM
Well I'm probably about 5dpo.
I'm still cramping and have tender nipples. I didn't know cramping was normal for me. I'm not tired anymore and I really mean it when I say I'm NEVER sharing a room with my dog. Next time, she's sleeping in the bathroom! I'll update again if I have anymore normal symptoms during this 2ww for AF to come.

My Chart
January 20th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Well, just in case anyone was following this, we have stopped ttc. Not by choice but because hubby's SA came back with a 0 sperm count. Sometimes life sucks but I guess things happen for a reason...

My Chart
January 20th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Jen84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive been following. I am so sorry sweetie. Let me know your eventual plan.

Cycle #21
Roses are red,
so is your period.
Happy Valentine's Day girls!
..::Journal::...................:ictures::..

lilygirl <3
</div>
July 11th, 2013, 06:38 PM
neji's Avatar Veteran
Hi all! It's me! Jelandusn. I thought I'd resurrect this journal instead of making a new one. My husband and I have been through many ups and downs since finding out about his azoospermia. We have since moved to the states and have been working with a couple of reproductive endocrinologists. They put him on a drug cocktail that seems to have worked! His last count was 14 million!! It feels so good to go from 0 to 14 million!! This means we are back to trying! Well, as long as I test out ok. I know I have pcos and don't ovulate every month but I'm hoping that's my only problem. We will find out at the end of this month whether or not we will need iui or ivf. Depending on my test results depends on what action we need to take. I'm so worried that my tests will show some kind of huge problem. But, all I can do is sit and wait. Our chances of conceiving naturally are pretty slim, but I'm getting an hsg done tomorrow and supposedly after getting this test done some women end up getting pregnant. I bought an ovacue fertility monitor, so I figured I may as well use it and give it a shot this month.
Even if this month doesn't work I am just so happy that we are able to try! We have a plan and we are working towards building our family!
July 13th, 2013, 04:58 AM
neji's Avatar Veteran
I got my hsg done yesterday! I embarrassed myself and cried beforehand. The doctor and technician were so nice and helped calm me down. They thought I was crying because I was scared of the test, but I was crying because I was scared of the results. I was so scared they would find something that would make it impossible to have children.
I am happy to say that was not the case! The most painful part of the test was when the speculum was put in and opened. Not fun! Then there was a tiny bit of pain while the dye was going in because my left tube resisted for a second. Then it was done. My uterus looks good and my tubes aren't blocked. The doctor said my anatomy is textbook and the test doesn't usually go so flawlessly. Here's to hoping for the good news to continue!
July 21st, 2013, 05:15 PM
neji's Avatar Veteran
Hello crickets! Heehee get it? Empty room, only hear crickets chirping. In any case, I don't mind. It's good to talk if only to myself.
Not much new. Just thought I'd mention that according to my ovacue, I should be ovulating tomorrow. It sucks because my stomach has been pretty upset. I haven't really been able to eat anything but popcorn and pop cycles. That's the only thing that doesn't make my stomach go crazy and threaten to self destruct. Needless to say, I haven't been much in the mood. We managed to eek out some hanky panky yesterday and will do again tomorrow. I was hoping for every day, but that's not going to happen!
My appointment is Thursday! I'm nervous and scared but that's because I have an over active imagination. I think that's why my stomach is all tied up, too.
I also got 100 Internet cheapie pregnancy tests. I'm going to make my husband take one just so I can see what a positive looks like. Since he's taking hcg it'll be funny to watch a guy turn a test positive! What can I say, I have a little bit of a twisted sense of humor. On that note, I wonder if I can train my dog to be an hcg detection dog. He can sit in front of me and bark whenever he senses hcg. Lets see if he can beat an early pregnancy test. Forget that! I'll train him to detect my LH surge! He can let me know by ripping my husbands clothes off and herding him to wherever I am. Hmm... Maybe we should skip the ripping the clothes off step just in case we are outside or have company. I'll work on a way he can alert me to my LH surge...
July 26th, 2013, 06:11 AM
neji's Avatar Veteran
We are officially in the infertile couple category. We had our appointment yesterday and got good and bad news. The good news, we aren't dealing with any issues on my side of things that we know of. The bad news is we have to do ivf with icsi. Although my husband's count isn't too bad at 16mil, his progressive motility is only 1.5 which is too low for iui. If we wanted to we could do it and it would probably eventually work, but we only have a certain amount that our insurance will cover and we just decided to do what has the most likely chance of success and which also happens to be what the doctor recommends. So now we hurry up and wait. I have to wait until this cycle ends and on day one is when we start the ivf process! I was hoping to have everything scheduled so that egg transfer would happen the first week of sept because I have that week off, but if my period comes on schedule, (which is very hopeful because its unpredictable and usually late), it looks like everything will fall on the second or third week of sept. sigh. At least we are getting somewhere.
August 4th, 2013, 03:29 PM
neji's Avatar Veteran
Things are moving right along! Today is cycle day 1! I started birth control pills today. It just feels so odd to be on birth control! I should get a call in the next day or so with a tentative schedule. Hopefully things will happen during my vacation and I won't have to take time off. Things seem to really be falling into place. We were really worried about how we were going to pay for all of the medicine and someone gave us a big chunk of meds that they weren't able to use. That is a big load off our minds. I am so excited that we are actually going to get a chance to have a baby! I really really hope this works!
March 4th, 2014, 04:50 AM
neji's Avatar Veteran
Just a quick update. The ivf cycle went well. We got I forgot how many eggs. Out of the forgotten number, 11 fertilized and out of those 11 10 made it to day 5. We transferred two, but neither one of them took. It was a little disappointing, but I also wasn't expecting to succeed on the first try. Thankfully, they were able to freeze the remaining 8 and we are able to try four times without having to go through a fresh cycle. Everything was easy until the last three weeks. The week leading up to my transfer my ovaries were so tender that it hurt to walk. My retrieval left me in such horrible pain that I was in bed for a week after. In a way I'm glad it didn't work,because I was so miserable and a pregnancy would have only made my discomfort worse. After that cycle, I decided to take four months off. I needed to recover mentally from the whole ordeal. I don't handle pain well and it really got my spirits pretty low having to deal with pain for so long. In any case, we are at the tail end of our FET and I got my first positive test ever yesterday!!!! I can't believe it! Over six years of trying and finally! I am so happy, but so scared. I get my beta done this Friday and hopefully it's a nice, strong number. More waiting, but not too long.
March 4th, 2014, 05:59 AM
neji's Avatar Veteran
Tests from last night.
Jakaira s Mom likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search