The cycle you got pg.... What had changed in your TTC method?

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2008, 05:51 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Was there anything different?

November 10th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Veteran
i was looking back at mt 2 Bfp charts it looks like I bd on the day before and the day after ovulation.

<a href="http://counters.families.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
</a>

December 26th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It was our second round on 50mg of Clomid.

January 20th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Newbies
I gave up trying to get the timing right, decided not to TRY this month, took the pressure off worrying about it, and quite honestly am still thinking "how did this happen?"
January 21st, 2009, 02:44 PM
~Landon's Mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We BDed twice the day my OPK turned positive...we also were on Clomid 50 mg.

Little brother!
January 22nd, 2009, 01:46 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing it was our first try on the ovulation days We just DTD 4 days in a row. That's about it.....

Good luck on it......

" \m/ Now Im riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Ill cross the line forevermore \m/ "

February 2nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Christine_D's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I decided to be a little more "laid back" this cycle. No OPKs or anything...just BD the week I thought I was ovulating every other day - I even thought I had missed my actual O day....no lifting my legs in the air... no making sure we were in missionary position... etc.

I did notice that my sex drive was THRU the roof this cycle though!

Thanks to HeatherW for the great siggy!
March 5th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
nothing changed for us, it was our second full cycle though.

Savannah 15 months old!!

March 9th, 2009, 02:51 AM
rosehip's Avatar Super Mommy
Same here, I decided not to worry about it so much. Did everything normally, blocked everything TTC-related from my head and only DTD when I felt like it. Getting my life in order and staying healthy (exercise and lots of fruits and veggies) helped keep the stress off too. I think keeping the stress off of yourself and your partner is key... Good luck!
March 27th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well honestly I thought I wasn't going to have the shot to get in my BDing we had a house guest around the time I O'd. But 5: and I got a couple sessions in and well got my BFP!!! I don't think we were really trying this cycle, just kinda happened.
May 3rd, 2009, 08:47 AM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Riley & Landon's Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Riley & Landon's Mommy
I honestly gave up trying. I had my hopes up for a couple of months, and was even convinced I was pregnant around my DH's birthday, but that turned up negative, too. So I stopped stressing myself out. I was using OPK's, and threw them all away, and just started ejoying having sex with DH, instead of worrying about getting pregnant. I got pregnant that cycle!
June 27th, 2009, 02:20 PM
ashnichole2326's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ashnichole2326
This is really helpful to know girls. I just thought it was really annoying when everyone told me to stop worrying and it will happen. Maybe that really is the truth. After this cycle, I am not going to freak out so much anymore. It really is a pain in the neck when you look into every symptom and every temp that you get on a chart. We do it enough anyhow, I guess. lol

This is my 2nd cycle I guess and the only difference is my temping habits are better...we'll see how it goes!!

Thanks GraysMama for my beautiful new siggy

July 13th, 2009, 04:07 PM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
to be honest we just weren't stressing about it! it was our 3rd month and our friend was visiting....so i was joking and telling his friend that we may disappear from time to time and the friend said we would have to name the baby after him if we conceived while he visited! well we did end up conceiving when he visited haha!
July 19th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Regular
i believe it was on the 2nd cycle after i stopped bc pills and 4th cycle after my ectopic pregnancy. i was on the pill for 2 full cycles after having that happen, then i stopped and 2 months later im pregnant.
July 29th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I did not chart at all and just let nature take it's course.
March 25th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I like the laid-back aproach, they do say that stress changes the body's chemistry so why not get rid of whatever stress we can?

Last edited by Dampier; March 19th, 2014 at 01:35 PM.
June 23rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
TTC #2
Send a message via Skype™ to Mandy1108
DH & I have been trying for 3 months and this month we bought Preseed and BD's every other day...and found out yesterday evening I'm pregnant!! Took a digi to back it up this morning and sure enough it said pregnant!
June 1st, 2012, 11:59 PM
Regular
We just did it 2xs a day for the whole month. It was after 6 months, but we were apart for 2 months to a month at a time before that. Seeing each other for 5 days at a ime.

It's A Boy!

June 5th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I took Mucinex everyday to help with more eggwhite CM, was using ovulation tests and also got an HSG done two weeks earlier. Not sure if any of those actually made it happen or if it was our lucky month. Just being relaxed in the 2WW made the whole process more enjoyable
August 26th, 2012, 06:18 PM
It is still very early for me (just found out last Wednesday that we're pregannt). We were pregnant in Feb 2011 and had a miscarriage so I'm still very cautious. We've been on fertility meds (Follistim and trigger shot) since December of 2011. This month, I actually stopped the meds because I was diagnosed with thyroiditis (virus in my thyroid that throws off all the hormones). So my FS said to lay off the shots this month and also last month to wait until my thyroid got back to normal. We tried anyway since my last blood test indicated my thyroid was getting closer to normal. We just used OPKs and BDed every day the stick was dark pink. And it worked!! Granted, I am still very early on, but I think the thought that we couldn't get pregnant actually helped us. Everyone says to relax. Telling yourself to relax isn't the answer, but for us, thinking it wasn't going to work made us enjoy trying to conceive more, which may have helped.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search