Katinas TTC Journal

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2010, 07:47 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
update update what all is going on???? Are you ready for March?

Thanks Jaidynsmums for my siggy

My 3rd Niece Lillian Nicole- Due 9/8/14She should be here 8/21/14 time will tell.
Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 5
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 5 month oldNiece Lillian due to be here around 9/8/14

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts
February 22nd, 2010, 11:06 AM
katinagj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, busy weekend! With work on Saturday and shopping for things for the house as well as having a barbecue with a couple of friends yesterday I haven't had time to get online to read journals! Finally I have 10 minutes to chill and update! Today I am going shopping for some different flours I need to make gluten free muffins and pizza crust and stuff. I am trying my hardest to get enough supplies that I will actually get enough nutrients. I've noticed, since going gluten free my body weight has stopped jumping around. Usually I will jump from 130 down to 125 and sometimes jump up to 135-140 over night. I always thought it was strange but never knew why it happened. Apparently thats one of my gluten symptoms, because my weight has been sitting at 129 for about a week now. I need it up to 135-140 though, because that is considered my most fertile weight(read it in the "fertility diet" book). We'll see how this goes. Unlike most people I actually usually have a REALLY hard time gaining weight when I need to, of course most people would find this a blessing, and I am happy I don't gain weight TOO easily but at the same time its frustrating to have to force myself to eat extra sometimes when I'm not even really hungry or don't feel like eating. I bought nuts and stuff to help me gain. Since I know you're supposed to eat extra protein and such.
Anyways, my mom got this gluten free cook book for me, and it has all of these really easy flour mixes you can make like Pancake mix, muffin, mix, and yeast bread mix that I can use to make pizza crust. I am REALLY excited to make homemade pizza!!

DH bought me a bookshelf this weekend. MUCH needed. My books have been in boxes and I never even know what books I own because I never feel like searching through the boxes. Of course he accidently put it together wrong (put the bottom on the top) so it needs pulled apart now. Should be interesting. Hopefully he will have time to do it tonight because I am really excited to get my books organized! I love organizing.

So other than that no updates. Oh wait, yeah forgot. I took a bite of my cousins breakfast sandwich on Saturday and it had me out for two days because it had bread(gluten). I only took ONE bite and it affected me. I also found out from my parents that my great grandpa(my grandmas dad) had an issue with wheat for his whole life. My grandma also has stomach issues but has never pursued it. I almost wonder if they both had celiac disease...I mean it makes sense for them to have never been diagnosed. It didn't REALLY start getting awareness until the 80's-90's. I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one in my family who has had wheat issues. Because celiac disease tends to run in families, I felt like I was crazy being the only one with issues with gluten. Then I find out I'm not the only one, it's strangely relieving.

Anyways, we are continuing to NTNP, though I don't know I may end up using ovulation tests just because I have them. My SIL gave them to me a couple weeks ago. But the last time I used OPKs I got 5 days of positives and I don't know if these tests will be too sensitive for me or not.

Anyways, I am off to read everyones journals!

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/
February 22nd, 2010, 11:24 AM
what site are you reading with this info ?" fertility diet" cause i want to read
what they suggest my fertility weight be(im sure im not @ it) but dont you find it weird that there are people out there under weight and super over weight that do not have fertility issues like us.......makes me wonder........have you ever checked into the G.I. diet to see how it relates to the new diet that you are doing????

My 3rd Niece Lillian Nicole- Due 9/8/14She should be here 8/21/14 time will tell.
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 5 month oldNiece Lillian due to be here around 9/8/14

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
February 22nd, 2010, 02:32 PM
"Fertility Diet" is a book. I will post the info on weight when I get the chance. I dont have the book on me right now because I am at my parents house, but next time I am on at home I will post the info for you!

I'm wondering how the G.I. diet would relate? I don't really understand it, or I guess I havent really had time to truly read about it. I understand it says to avoid the white bread and go for the whole grain, but I think thats what any diet says. Any fertility issues I have are caused by gluten though. I know it. Because when I first got pregnant at that time I was eating a lot more of fruits and veggies and was eating less grains and less junk, and less processed foods, which equaled less gluten. At least thats my thinking on the matter. I think as long as I stick to this diet I will get pregnant. I also know that some women can only get pregnant at certain times of the year. For example, my friend Katie who is pregnant has both due dates in october. Even though she has been trying for awhile she didn't get pregnant until the same month that she got pregnant with her daughter.

With other people that are overweight or underweight with no fertility issues. I think some peoples bodies are just better built to handle things. And it's all in God's hands

My Ovulation Chart

February 22nd, 2010, 02:59 PM
You understand the G.I. diet perfectly. so let me guess you have to stay away from
whole wheat too...as long as it is gluten free right?

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
February 22nd, 2010, 03:25 PM
I have to stay away from anything with wheat rye or barley in it as all 3 in all forms contain gluten. Which includes even traces of wheat. So I can't have oats if they are manufactured in the same building as wheat. I can't have anything with malt. I can't drink beer. Which is fine because I don't really like it anyways. There's a huge list of dont's. And now I'm finding that I may not be able to have milk. And maybe not corn. I HATE this diet. I feel great, but this is getting too hard. If I want any baked goods(bread, muffins, brownies) I have to bake them myself with gluten free flours but I can't even find all the flours I need to bake things for myself.

ETA: milk and corn don't have the gluten...well I guess corn has gluten but its a different form. If I have issues with either its purely allergy related and probably nothing to do with the gluten thing. Though I am curious whether more people with celiac disease are lactose intolerant because the cows eat wheat? I wonder if that makes it have more of an effect, but no clue..

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by katinagj; February 22nd, 2010 at 03:33 PM.
February 22nd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Just letting everyone know, I won;t be on much this week. I'm working 4 days this week full time. I still have to finish up shopping today and will still have to make all of my baking mixes and a bunch of foods to freeze(if I even have time for that!). So I probably won;t have a whole lot of time to get online. It used to be I'd have all day to get online, other than tuesday wed and thursday but no I have barely any time on my hands. I guess its good to keep my mind off TTC but I'm going to miss chatting with my girls this week And I've been super stressed the past few days over trying to find ingredients and stuff to bake for an affordable price. I mean, I need xanthan gum for one and at the grocery store it is $15 for only half a lb!! Thats $30 a lb! And I finally found potatoe flour somewhere(which I need 8 lbs of to make all my baking mixes) and it was something like $5-$7 for only a 1-2 lb box. I could bulk order it but that would mean buying 25 lbs of it at once, and I really don't need THAT much...
Anyways, getting off topic. Just stressed and hoping this week goes well. Luckily AF has been very nice to me this month, probably something to do with the gluten free diet. I'm hoping I won't be so stressed this week that I cant function. That is never any good for me and my sleeping issues.

My dad showed me this article today on this girl who was on survivor and discovered she had celiac disease. It's so strange to read these kinds of articles, because the symptoms are so similar.... it's like I wrote it myself.. Of course I was never on survivor though, lol. However, I do want to read her book.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Explains Her Gluten-Free Lifestyle - ABC News

My Ovulation Chart

February 22nd, 2010, 08:22 PM
Im going to miss you, even though part of wed, all of thur and part of friday I plan to be m.i.a. myself

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
February 28th, 2010, 10:20 AM
I've been BUSY!! We've gotten so much done in the past couple weeks as far as organizing our house. DH bought me a book shelf last weekend, put it together wrong. But last night he fixed it, pulled it apart and back together the right away and I got to finally organize all of my books! My books have been sitting in boxes for years and we have been talking about getting a bookshelf for a long time. Don't ask me why it took us so long to get one but it is definitely nice to be able to actually see what books I have now!

I've been reading a lot from that "fertility diet" book. It mentions that you shouldn't bother going with eating low-fat dairy foods and that you are better off with full fat or higher fat content dairy foods, or in replacement foods that naturally contain a lot more calcium like beans and such. I was surprised to see that since I had been reading a pregnancy nutrition book that is constantly talking about keeping things low-fat, especially dairy. But I guess there was some study that showed eating low-fat dairy instead of fullfat actually increased the risks of ovulatory infertility. VERY interesting....I'm going to have to do a bit more research on this one.

Anyways, I just wanted to come on here and post since I haven't been on in a few days. Dh had a friend from work who just moved here who said he would take our old twin bed and old tv and such. This stuff has been sitting in our "guest bedroom" for a couple years. Just sitting there not being used. It's nice to know it is going to do someone some good. He has a daughter and his wife and her have been sleeping on the floor at their new place because they haven't gotten any furniture or anything. So I'm sure it will be nice for them to not have to sleep on the floor!

Anyways, DH is almost home now so I have to get going. We are going out for lunch with his parents. Which should be interesting. They know that I am gluten free and have already planned to go to a restaurant that DOES NOT have a gluten free menu. UGH> Sometimes these people frustrate me. If any of them were gluten free or had other allergies I would make an effort to at least go somewhere where there is something they can eat. I guess I will just sit and watch everyone eat and hope that I can at least get a salad. Hopefully they will have a gluten free salad dressing! Doesn't matter anyways, I am making homemade pizza tonight for us and our friends that came over last weekend. They heard I made homemade gluten free pizza and wanted to try it! Everyone who has tried it thus far has loved it. It takes like the real thing, all full of gluten. But its the first time I have ever in my entire life eaten pizza without getting a terrible stomach ache!

Anyways, gotta go! I will be on tomorrow for sure! I missed you girls too much to stay away for much longer!!

ETA: Oh, and I have NO clue what day in my cycle I am on...lol...I guess this is true NTNP!

My Ovulation Chart

February 28th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I am happy to see your update. happy to see you take off that cycle ticker. but will be sad to not see a cycle ticker in its place, but life goes on lol....how is your job going?

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
March 1st, 2010, 03:31 PM
My job is going good! thanks for asking it's a good opportunity for me to teach other people how to care for their pets. Even if sometimes you have to keep your mouth shut! lol.

I don't know if I have ever mentioned to people here in my journal, that I am completely obsessed with Tim Burton movies. His movies tend to be dark, but absolutely magnificent to me. Maybe because of the creative nature you find in each and every one of his films. I am going nuts right now waiting for Alice in Wonderland to come out. I wish it came out today not Friday! haha. Me and DH both love Johnny Depp too. Movie wise at least. One of very few actors who can keep me entertained through an entire movie.
One thing on Tim Burton, he's quite a bit strange. And his writing is even stranger! If you ever have the opportunity to read "The melancholy death of oyster boy and other stories" this is when you truly see his deranged mind. But I still can't imagine what I would collect if I wasn't able to collect his crazy movies. I grew up watching Nightmare Before Christmas with my dad. Strangely enough my dad was the first one to get me into Tim burton movies, and it started with that one. We watched it every year before Christmas growing up, and it is a tradition that has held strong ever since.

Okay so now I have shared a little random fact with everyone that I don't think I've shared before. People always think I'm a little weird for loving Tim Burton movies so much, and honestly, I think I may be a little crazy too! lol.

Anyways.. I just had that little rant to share. I am excited for the movie to come out. I wish I had more TTC things to talk about but since I don't even know what cycle day I'm on thats not really possible! Other than saying I've been getting pains in my bbs for a couple days now! So who knows maybe O is coming? I may end up using my OPKs, since they were free...haven't decided yet.

My Ovulation Chart

March 2nd, 2010, 10:24 AM
The more I read about nutrition and its relation to how great we feel, the more I want to become a Nutritionist. It's too bad I gave up my opportunity to go to school when I got married, didn't have a drivers license and couldn't decide what I wanted to be. Back then my parents would have payed for schooling. But now, no money for anything like that. I guess maybe some day. I will at least get into some nutritional classes even if I don't end up getting a bachelors. I can't get enough of this nutrition information. I can blame it on my dog. It all started with her. And now that I've seen the benefits for myself as well, I feel like I could change peoples lives by helping them keep a good diet. I absolutely LOVE planning meals. If I could do it all day every day I would!

Anyways, I decided to use a OPK this morning, though I used FMU not thinking. So it was positive. But no telling if it was actually accurate or not! I'm hoping it was, because I'm going to make the guess that I am around CD 12 so that would mean that this who NTNP thing is making me ovulate on time due to the lack of stress. I haven't been as stressed about TTC since I stopped taking my temp

My Ovulation Chart

March 2nd, 2010, 10:45 AM
I'm watching "Whip It!" for the first time. Been wanting to watch it for forever! Oh and I have a couple book recommendations. They are health books. But I just bought

"The Wellness Encyclopedia of Food and Nutrition"
This book is awesome! It has information for all the different foods so you don't have to look it up online or anything. Also tells you how to prepare each food so that you don't kill out all the good nutrients in the foods. Awesome for a reference for a diet of any kind.

I also went to the library and borrowed
"Organic Body Care Recipes"
It's got some REALLY simple and easy to make recipes for jusst about everything! I think I'm going to actually buy this one. I love homemade body care products. They make me feel better about what I'm putting on my body since they are completely chemical free.
=

My Ovulation Chart

March 2nd, 2010, 09:39 PM
hopeful3853's Avatar Super Mommy
hey katina! you TOTALLY should become a nutritionist! i know you have a lot going on right now starting to groom dogs, but you should seriously look into scholarship and grants at a state school where you'd get a break on in-state tuition. i'd check out how much it would cost if you had to take out student loans v.s. what you'd make coming out of the program and how long it would take you to pay it off.

i never thought i'd be able to make it through school (i had to take out loans) but by some miracle it all worked out and now i'm able to manage paying them off each month.

just something to think about. you also get a NICE tax break for paying interest on student loans. which helps.

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24a531]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whmtMMi/]
March 3rd, 2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful3853 View Post
hey katina! you TOTALLY should become a nutritionist! i know you have a lot going on right now starting to groom dogs, but you should seriously look into scholarship and grants at a state school where you'd get a break on in-state tuition. i'd check out how much it would cost if you had to take out student loans v.s. what you'd make coming out of the program and how long it would take you to pay it off.

i never thought i'd be able to make it through school (i had to take out loans) but by some miracle it all worked out and now i'm able to manage paying them off each month.

just something to think about. you also get a NICE tax break for paying interest on student loans. which helps.

I will look into it for sure. What makes it complicated is that we are moving to Alaska next spring and I don't know how easy it would be to transfer. Especially switching states with the fact that when we move I won't be getting in state discounts for schooling like I can get here. You have to live in Alaska I think for one or two years before you are considered a resident and without the residential discount, I'm not sure how much it would cost us. I guess we will see how things go. I figure I will at least eventually go to school whether it happens here or in Alaska!

My Ovulation Chart

March 3rd, 2010, 07:21 AM
It's so strange to me. I have been so emotional the past few months. Everytime I see a commercial, show or people in real life with a dad playing with his kids or a mom taking care of her family, I seriously start crying. Most of the time I can hold it back, but my eyes always water. I honestly don't get why I can't control it. It just happens and I'm standing there embarrassed with myself for getting so upset especially since I know that this is all just a part of Gods plan for me. Most of the time I try my best to hide it from DH, because sometimes its just weird for me to randomly start crying! But sometimes DH sees it and changes the channel! lol.

My Ovulation Chart

March 3rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
so were you diagnosed with anything??? i ask cause I think I remember you going to doctors last month... and I didn't remember if you ever posted any results. neway I hope all is well with you...Ive been more emotional this year than I have any year thus far...I just do not get it....Im working on my patience.

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
March 3rd, 2010, 07:28 PM
I wasn't "officially" diagnosed for anything, no My blood tests came back normal but because of my reactions to gluten and the fact that I feel WAY better I am selfdiagnosing as gluten intolerant. Though it would have been nice to have an actual diagnosis I think I can live without it as long as I feel good!

However I thought that my grandma was the only one in our family with glaucoma. I just found out that there are actually 3 people in my dads side of the family with it! Which is making me think I need to get my eyes checked. I've had pressure pain behind my eyes(feels like someone is poking them from the inside) for well over a year, and now I'm getting paranoid. lol. Now to find an eye doctor! Geeze, just when you think your medical journey is over!

I wanted to ask whoever reads this to please pray for my cousin(the one who owns the grooming shop). She just found out that she has to get 5 various different surgeries, all by October. Some of them can be done at the same time but this is going to put her out for awhile. And I am praying for a quick healing for her for her sake and for the fact that I don't know how we are going to keep the shop running without her being able to do anything since I haven't gotten enough training yet.. should be interesting...

It's been a long day, so I am going to go to sleep probably. I am SO tired...this is the first time I've sat down all day! I will be on in the morning to catch up on everyones journals!

My Ovulation Chart

March 3rd, 2010, 09:35 PM
hopeful3853's Avatar Super Mommy
i'll definitely keep your cousin in my prayers. and i forgot about your move to alaska. definitely makes sense to wait until you are a resident there!

i know how you feel about getting emotional and sad when you see families. this has to be one of the most emotionally challenging journeys we'll be making in life...

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24a531]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whmtMMi/]
March 4th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I prayed about your cousin. I hope things work out for the best. Sending you some baby

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search