Katinas TTC Journal

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2010, 08:50 AM
katinagj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad I have you girls to talk to! I really wish we all lived closer to each other. I was supposed to hang out with this girl from highschool(started talking through facebook) today. But she had to cancel, and we are hanging out on Monday. Kind of disappointed. Our house was a mess so I cleaned for 2 hours last night and was going to finish up this morning, but then she canceled cuz she had a long night. Oh well! I was really looking forward to a girls day. My mom gets off early on Fridays though so maybe I will just go hang out with her. I actually kind of wish I could work but we didn't get anymore dogs this week except one here and there. I don't go in when there is just one or two dogs because there really is no point in me driving all that way out there just for that. I'm hoping business picks up soon! Of course, when I worked on Wednesday every single time we started working on a dog someone would come in the front door to ask us a question or the phone would ring. It was crazy, but I guess it was a good sign that people are coming to know that we are here! Though we keep getting dogs that haven't been groomed in a year because they used to go to the groomer that was in our building before us and she went out of business(because of shoulder injuries) a year ago and people dont like driving 30 minutes to get there dog groomed somewhere else. Anyways, I think I am going to make some cat toys today. The girl I was supposed to hang out with wants to buy a few for her cats. Awesome! My first sale!

I've had muscle pain in my right side for the past 3 days and I'm not sure what its from. Everytime I cough it hurts. Kind of starting to concern me that its not going away. Other than that I feel great though. I have definitely benefited from this diet. Where I would have been in excruciating pain on Wednesday after working for 12 hours, and my hips would have normally been in such bad shape I couldn't walk, by that point. My hips are great and only hurt a little after I worked Wednesday, and no after shock now that I'm gluten free!

I think I'm going to continue using my OPKs. I don't know if I've ovulated yet or not though. I felt like I did the other day but it seems like that would be too early for me. But who knows, the feeling better could have kicked it back to a normal day! That would be nice. I'm considering temping again next month to see if my cycles are getting any better. My luteal phase is usually constantly changing, and same with my O date. I want to know if its getting back to regular or if nothings changed. Because I know that issues with gluten can mess up your ovulation. It'd be cool if that was the only reason it has been messed up and irregular. But its weird, because my cycle length is almost always the same or within a couple days of each other.

I guess I'm gonna go clean, maybe make a lasagna for tonight, and take the dog for a walk then go hang out with my mom! I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/
March 5th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar ***Only 1 wish***
Hey there! tomorrow is going to be 3 years, 3 months and 3 days that you have been married to your dh...I hope something very awesome happen for you and your dh tomorrow...........Im kinda weird about numbers. I ate gluten free waffles today and thought about you....they were made from this kind of rice....I had to eat it with honey instead of syrup..... it didn't taste too bad at all....after you use these opks, do you plan on buying more???? If we had the money I would love to buy the Ovulation moniter.......something that you can pee on everyday and you keep re using it....unlike the sticks that you throw away....its my future goal.....so do you love NTNP or do you sometimes think about going back to Ttc on the other board some of the ladies wish I would go back to Ttc and that I had a chart to stalk....I love being stress free....sorry I wrote so much on my journal, but its not like I get to talk to you everyday Have fun with your moms....btw I notice that you do not talk about your dh that much......am i weird or what? ok another weird fact...this is post 222. I feel kinda lucky. lol.

Dec
nephews Charlie 6, Lorenzo 6
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 9 months, Lillian 4 mos
Jan Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 2, Arielle 10 months Lillian 5 months.Feb Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara2,Arielle 11months Lillian 6 months
March Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 2 Arielle 1 ys old Lillian 7 mos
April Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 3,Arielle 1ys Lillian 8 mos
May Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 3 Arielle 1ys Lillian 9 mos
June my daughter turns 3,Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 Tamara3 Arielle 1 Lillian 10mos
July Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 Tamara 3 Arielle 1 Lillian 11 months
Aug Charlie 6 lorenzo 6 tamara 3 arielle 1ys old Lillian 1
Sept Charlie 7 Lorenzo 7 tamara 3 arielle 1ys Lillian 1ys

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts
March 5th, 2010, 06:56 PM
LadyRogue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad to hear that your diet is definitely working for you! I'll bet you are right about O'ing and the diet is helping to get your system on a regular schedule. I honestly feel that could've been your problem all along. Oooo, I'm getting so excited for you!! Lots of baby dust to you!
March 6th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler's Wife View Post
Hey there! tomorrow is going to be 3 years, 3 months and 3 days that you have been married to your dh...I hope something very awesome happen for you and your dh tomorrow...........Im kinda weird about numbers. I ate gluten free waffles today and thought about you....they were made from this kind of rice....I had to eat it with honey instead of syrup..... it didn't taste too bad at all....after you use these opks, do you plan on buying more???? If we had the money I would love to buy the Ovulation moniter.......something that you can pee on everyday and you keep re using it....unlike the sticks that you throw away....its my future goal.....so do you love NTNP or do you sometimes think about going back to Ttc on the other board some of the ladies wish I would go back to Ttc and that I had a chart to stalk....I love being stress free....sorry I wrote so much on my journal, but its not like I get to talk to you everyday Have fun with your moms....btw I notice that you do not talk about your dh that much......am i weird or what? ok another weird fact...this is post 222. I feel kinda lucky. lol.

Thanks for telling me about the 3-3-3 thing! I didn't realize. But I don't think of things like that, lol. I'll have to mention it to DH, maybe we will use it as an excuse to try out another gluten free menu at a diff restaurant this time. I think about TTC but at the same time, I'm at a sort of spot where I honestly am not worried about getting pregnant. I was planning on doing OPKS but after doing 2 stopped. I don't know if I will ever go back to truly TTC. At least not until I get used to all the changes in my life right now.

Hmm I didn't notice not talking about my DH. He spends the majority of his time at work though, so really I only get weekends with him. When he gets home from work during the week hes so tired he falls asleep within an hour of getting home. It's nice to have him there but we don't get to talk a whole lot. A big reason why I post so much during the week when I don't work and why I'm not usually online on the weekend(because I am with DH). He is asleep on the couch though right now, so I decided to get online for a couple minutes. I really think he has a sleeping disorder of some type. It seems he is always falling asleep, even when he gets to sleep in! He is still procrastinating for making his appointment to get his 2nd hernia surgery. Anything to do with doctors and its a no go for him :/ His dad has the same sleeping issues, and I've always had it in the back of my mind that they have some sort of sleeping disorder, especially since it passed down the family like that.

Oh and btw, waffles sound good! I really have been wanting to make this recipe I have but I've been so busy cooking everything else, I havent gotten to it! Today we fed our friends gluten free pizza with salad and gluten free coffee cake. Everyone loved it! I love days like this where you just feel completely accomplished! I was just glad I didn't spill anything in the oven. Especially after my GF lasagna which I lost in the oven last weekend!

My Ovulation Chart

March 8th, 2010, 06:09 PM
I got a speeding ticket in the mail today.... $101!!! Holy Cow. And it was one of those stupid hidden cameras on a random road on my way to work. Basically its right when the speed limit changes to 35, but before it changes it is 45...so I just hadn't slowed down yet. I am seriously depressed. I was on a roll. This would be my first ticket.. good thing I have money to pay the ticket or I think I'd be a bit stuck here...ugh, anyways.. not much else goin on. Man that's depressing, I'm just glad I didn't have to deal with an actual cop, because I've heard the guys that work up by my work are mean, I'm too emotional lately to be able to handle that.

My Ovulation Chart

March 8th, 2010, 11:10 PM
hopeful3853's Avatar Super Mommy
oh, i'm sorry. that sucks. i grew up outside of chicago and my parents are still there. when i lived in denver, i used to to drive from chicago to denver all the time. every time i drove through this little town called peru, illinois, i got a speeding ticket. EVERY time! it happened like 4 times. there would be a string of about 5 cop cars along the highway, so by the time you passed number 4, you'd think there couldn't possibly be another one. and then, bam. the fifth one would pull you over. they must have made an absolute fortune with all the drivers driving cross country and not wise to their tricks. grrrr...

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24a531]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whmtMMi/]
March 9th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Aww Katina, that stinks! I got my first speeding ticket last summer. I didn't realize I was speeding. I was taking my MIL to her radiation treatment when the cop got me. But, he was actually really nice and lowered my ticket a little bit. Well, at least like you said, you didn't have to deal with a nasty cop.

Sounds like you are doing great with the GF diet though. That's awesome! And you know what they say...when you really stop trying and don't even think about TTC, that's usually when you get your bfp.
March 10th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRogue View Post
Aww Katina, that stinks! I got my first speeding ticket last summer. I didn't realize I was speeding. I was taking my MIL to her radiation treatment when the cop got me. But, he was actually really nice and lowered my ticket a little bit. Well, at least like you said, you didn't have to deal with a nasty cop.

Sounds like you are doing great with the GF diet though. That's awesome! And you know what they say...when you really stop trying and don't even think about TTC, that's usually when you get your bfp.

The diet is going very well I am excited to see if NTNP along with the gluten free will get me pregnant. It'd be nice for a change. If I'm not pregnant in the next 5 months(making that a year and a half since we first started trying) I've decided we may seek medical help. You know, test fertility and all that fun stuff. I've been putting it off, trying to keep hope up. But I think its about time we set a deadline for when to seek help. I haven't really talked to DH about it yet. I'm sort of afraid of his reaction. He hates doctors, and thinks we are fine. I agree that we are probably fine since I have been able to get pregnant two months in a row. But at the same time I'd like to check into things to make sure I am right. Also considering maybe finding a new prenatal vitamin this week. I might start temping again next month to see if there have been any changes to my cycle(regularity) since going gluten free. I'd like to know if its had any impact.

I'm having a sort of crappy week, having a hard time keeping my head up. It seems whenever I start to feel great and have a great attitude I am weighted down again. With my new job, I don't know if I've mentioned that I am not really getting payed yet. We don't have enough customers and at the moment are trying to get enough money together to pay for rent for the shop. But I can't really complain about it. My cousin warned me that I may not make much at first since its just opening and she put every cent she had into it. But I'm hoping it picks up soon because I am having a hard time keeping motivated when I have to work so hard but only make enough to pay for gas and bridge toll. What makes this week worse. On Monday I went for a long walk with a friend and I overdid myself. My shins and ankles are killing me. My hips are starting to hurt. And I had to work yesterday and could barely walk. Today its just as bad or worse. Pray that I make it through the day!! I am bringing my heatpad with me to put on my legs when I take breaks. It's the only thing that seems to make them feel better. Yesterday my feet went numb right before I had to drive home. It is NOT fun driving on the freeway with numb feet! Especially when you have people constantly cutting you off

I don't wanna work!!

haha, listen to me, such a complainer! I'm guessing I am around CD 20, so I've probably ovulated and am in my two week wait. Not that I really notice. I've been too busy to have the time to think about TTC! And I doubt that we caught the egg, since I kept forgetting to try out my OPKS! No clue when I ovulated, just know I probably did!

My diet is suffering just a bit. I haven't had time to go grocery shopping this week, so I've just been eating junk. I really need to go buy some fresh veggies... and need to start balancing this diet out a bit more. It's so hard! I'm sure in the next month or two I will get used to it.

Anyways, I gotta go to work, but I don't think I am working tomorrow or Friday so I am going to try my best to get on and catch up on everyones journals! I am missing you girls and I want to know whats up in your life!!

My Ovulation Chart

March 10th, 2010, 05:13 PM
I hope things get better for you in your health& life. I start getting kinda-very crabby when I hit the 2ww for some odd reason...so you are not alone.

Dec
Jan Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara 2, Arielle 10 months Lillian 5 months.Feb Charlie 6 Lorenzo 6 Tamara2,Arielle 11months Lillian 6 months

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
March 10th, 2010, 05:53 PM
March 11th, 2010, 12:11 AM
hopeful3853's Avatar Super Mommy
yucky. sorry to hear your joints are acting up. how frustrating.

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24a531]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whmtMMi/]
March 11th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I just thought about something do you have issues with your joints only sometimes like mostly during your 2ww? cause I have that and I have heard that joint issues can be signs of p.m.s.

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
March 11th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler's Wife View Post
I just thought about something do you have issues with your joints only sometimes like mostly during your 2ww? cause I have that and I have heard that joint issues can be signs of p.m.s.

Naw, my joint pains actually more often acted up during the second week of the month but I think it was due to diet. I have different cravings at different times of the month which makes me pretty sure the joint pain is just caused by diet. My joint pains this week were just caused by taking a 3 mile walk when I'm not used to walking that far. Luckily its finally wearing off, but I've learned my lesson! No more overdoing myself! I'm feeling A LOT better today. Although, I wanted to eat GF coffee cake this morning, because I had made it the other day. I heated a piece up and took one bite, chewed, gagged, and spit it out. My gag reflex is exceptionally strong today, and if that continues I may think I'm pregnant. When I was pregnant both times I would gag on all sorts of foods. Pretty much everything I ate. I gag in place of nausea. Not really sure why since I have never heard of that being a pregnancy symptom before. I guess I am just "special" lol!

My Ovulation Chart

March 11th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I've been doing a new beauty routine this week to combat my dry skin. I've had dry skin for as long as I can remember. But this past year it has gotten about a million times worse(from neck up). Sometimes my scalp hurts so much that I can't pull my hair up or brush my hair or do anything without feeling like I am scratching over a painful scab. And I've had horribly bad dry skin on my face especially around my eyebrows and my ears. So finally being fed up with it I decided to do something more about it. I got this book from the library called Organic Body Care Recipes. It is full of all sorts of great tips and information for improving your skin and using the right products for your skin type. Talks about how most people use the wrong products for their skin(well, yes, I have been doing this my whole life). Well I tried out a few very simple easy to make recipes. One of them, simple as you can get. Take oatmeal, grind it up in a food processor(but still leave it a little chunky). Before you take your shower(or you can use it as a face mask) mix the oatmeal with a little water and let it thicken for a minute. You can use it as body wash(since I use oatmeal for body wash now I am only using this to wash armpits and personal areas). I've been doing this for a week now and I swear it makes my skin fell SOOO good!! I also made a homemade shampoo that can also be used as body wash as well as a moisturizing lotion. I will post those recipes on my blog tomorrow for sure. I will post the link for you girls to check out! Another thing I tried out was Apple Cider Vinager. Used as a toner and a hair rinse. It was sooo easy, basically it is just apple cider vinager with distilled water, and you add essential oils so that the smell of the vinager isn't overpowering and also so that it doesn't leave you smelling like vinager! I swear that is my favorite thing thus far. I've been using it on my face daily and use it as a rinse every time I was my hair. I only use the homemade shampoo and then I use the rinse. No conditioner. If my hair feels like it NEEDS conditioner then I take a lVERY small amount of coconut oil with essential oils in it(usually sweet orange or peppermint) and just lightly run it through my hair. I swear I feel AMAZING! I used the moisturizer that I made to shave my legs this morning and I have never had such a smooth result!!
Anyways, I just wanted to pop on here and share this with you girls! I will definitely be posting the recipes tomorrow on my homemade tips blog!

My Ovulation Chart

March 11th, 2010, 04:53 PM
It is really nice seeing you online a lot lately...... I know to not get use to it.

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
March 12th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Look what I have for you, our new blinkie!!!!

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
March 13th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Wow, Katina! I wish I had your creativity and gumption for all of the natural things you are doing. I'm a slave to ready to use items, as I feel that I rarely have the time or energy for any of that other stuff. Some day, I'll be able to make my own candles, soaps, shampoos, etc. I already do my own teas...so at least that's something, right?? Glad to hear you are feeling better!! Here's to the witch staying away from all of us!!!
March 15th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Our bearded dragon Keladry, one of our first pets we got together, died overnight. She was sick late last night and we tried everything to get her back, DH was holding her in a towel last night dropping water on her nose to get her to drink hoping she would feel better. I guess maybe it sounds weird being she was a reptile. Weird that I could even be so upset over it. But she was really sweet and never ever bit us or anything, and she always had this look on her face like she knew exactly what you were talking about when you talked to her. Her life was shortened by 10 years, she should have lived to be 14...
I'll be back on later this week maybe with a little better news, but for today, I think I am just going to leave it at that. I hate to see DH cry..

RIP Keladry

My Ovulation Chart

March 15th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Sorry that your pet died
I am going to miss you...til you return.

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
March 15th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I'm so sorry hon. It's not weird at all. Our pets are part of our family. We would feel the same way if something happened to my son's Russian Tortoise, Luke Earthwalker. They really can have lovely personalities and they become like kids to us. Keladry was truly beautiful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search