Katinas TTC Journal

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2010, 08:00 AM
katinagj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I want my thermometer back!! I forgot to grab it, and left it in my parents motorhome..luckily they will be back Saturday afternoon, so I can start temping again on Sunday. My brother and his wife are moving into our area this weekend. They normally live an hour away(the ones expecting baby girl). Theyve asked us to come and help them unpack so Saturday before my parents get home thats what we will be doing! I am excited to have them live closer to us, even if we are moving far away in a year it will give me more time with them before we have to move. Oh and I son't know if I've mentioned that they picked a name. Of course now I can't remember it. I do remember that my little neices middle name will be Jade...but cannot for the life of me remember her first(how sad is that!). I will have to ask my mom again..I feel bad for forgetting!

Me and DH have agreed on one girl name officially...but to say we won't change our minds would be dumb. We do change our minds a lot, so we will see. lol. DH likes the name Stella and I like Josephine. So we put them together. Stella Josephine. If we went with this DH and her would have the same initials. He liked htat idea

I think we may be getting ahead of ourselves though, since I'm not pregnant, lol.

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/
April 30th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My step mom's name is Stella...so im loving that name Are you going to be crazy busy in May as you were in April? i know May is going to be kinda crazy busy for us with moving n all.

Thanks Jaidynsmums for my siggy

My 3rd Niece Lillian Nicole- Due 9/8/14

Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 5
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 4 month oldNiece Lillian due to be here around 9/8/14

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 posts
May 1st, 2010, 10:14 AM
We will proba bly be pretty busy.. I'm not really sure yet. But we do have like 4 birthdays in May as well as the fact that we are trying to start camping soon, so will be gone on the weekends a lot pretty soon here. I am really excited though, my parents finally got home this morning. We are heading over there in a few minutes and I will finally have my camera! YAY!! I missed it, haha. I've been reading a bunch of photography books since we got home and I've been wanting to try out some new techniques I'm learning...
I'll be posting my vacation pics on Monday. I would probably do them today if it weren't for the fact that DH hates when I get on the internet on the weekend! haha. Though we finally have internet in the living room so maybe just MAYBE he will not give me a hard time... Anyways, SUPER excited! I have a bunch of butterfly and hummingbird pictures that came out pretty cool(there was this tent at the living desert filled with them). I really cannot wait to go back. DH is already talking about taking another trip to California in the fall, only by ourselves this time! It's nice that we are lucky enough to have enough money now to do that, we finally have the chance to get all of our fun vacations in before we move and it becomes too expensive. I guess this is our last summer...I am going to miss being so close to the rest of the lower 48!

My Ovulation Chart

May 8th, 2010, 06:29 PM
LadyRogue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Katina! Sounds like your trip was nice and that you are going to have lots of fun this summer! Don't worry, you will absolutely LOVE Alaskan Summers. They are amazing and everything is so breathtaking! Wait until you see just how fast things grow. It's really cool and you probably won't believe me until you see it for yourself. I love that name! Very cool! Now that Nayomi has her BFP, I'm wondering which one of us will be next. Can't wait to see your vacation pics!!
May 8th, 2010, 11:41 PM
I have been so busy I haven't even had a chance to get my photos up. But I am going to try my best to load them to photobucket this week. I do have a few that I have loaded to flickr, so I will go ahead and post those for now. Then maybe sometime this week I will have time to actually get the pictures of me and DH loaded! For now enjoy these! I really wish I wasn't so busy and could be on here more, it seems I barely have time to myself anymore let alone free time to get online!

butterfly: The Living Desert(Palm Desert)
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4052/...abbfb96f0e.jpg

California sunset
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/...9406452baa.jpg

wolf: The Living Desert
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4021/...cd9eb2763f.jpg

Next two photos Black Crowned Night Heron: The Living Desert
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/...8e1f6f60d1.jpg

Wide open mouth, kind of a funny picture I caught:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3318/...58eb407e69.jpg

hummingbird: The Living Desert
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4066/...69a84beb_b.jpg

zebra: The Living Desert
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4072/...289fd916_b.jpg

House Sparrow: Palm Desert
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/...9b3be0f2_b.jpg

Giraffe: The Living Desert
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4028/...0ab6941c_b.jpg

My Ovulation Chart

May 11th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Those are lovely pics! I love the wolf and the open mouth shot is funny! Love them!
May 11th, 2010, 10:15 PM
hopeful3853's Avatar Super Mommy
hey katina! just wanted to say "hi!" looking forward to checking out your vacation photos. hope you are doing well!

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24a531]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whmtMMi/]
May 20th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I think those are the only photos anyone will be able to see until I have the time to work on them and get them loaded to photobucket. It's been very hectic around here. Today I am 8DPO my temps are up fairly high. It seems since I went gluten free my cover line has gone up. So that is good news! Since I have gone on our trip a lot of things have changed for me. I have found a new delight in photography, and am constantly either outside taking pictures or I am in the kitchen cooking. I have also found a new joy in cooking. If you've never cooked with fresh herbs before. You must do so! It brings a new light to dishes. After constant comments from my friends on facebook and my family about making a cookbook, I have decided I am going to do it. It won't actually happen for years. Mostly because I have soooo many recipes to test out. But I have started creating a cookbook for my own personal use with all of my favorite recipes(I wouldn't be able to publish this because other people created these recipes). My sister in law will also be getting a copy since she is gluten free and states "I want the TESTED recipes, I don't want to test them myself" lol. I love her to death, shes so funny. So far I have 32 recipes to add to my personal cookbook. Only 5 of those being my own. As that 5 builds up to more I will start working on a book. My SIL from Seths side tells me she thinks I should write a story cookbook. Like about my journey into cooking. Including maybe the story of my cooking my first lasagna in a thin throwaway pan. As I pulled it out of the oven the pan buckled and the lasagna ended in a pile in the oven which slowly slid into the drawer beneath, where it landed in a nice pile in a pan. We ended up just eating destroyed lasagna straight from that pan. It was still delicious

I spotted at 6 DPO.. it was red. Strange. The only time I have ever spotted after O has been very light pink. My dad asked me if I have ever spoken with my doctor about Endometriosis(becuase he heard something on TV about it and he knows I had bad cramps when I was younger). I have not. I probably should. But right now in my life I really think I just need calm for awhile. Part reason why I haven't taken as much time lately to come on here. Keeping my mind busy on all of these other things has been really good for my mental well being. Now, I've decided to stop thinking about myself and thinking about how I could have a baby today(yesterday was my due date) and instead think about all the great things I DO have. My wonderful husband, funny time consuming but loving pets, a beautiful house, food. I feel that I have been selfish. I'm over it and moving on life is changing, and I am just in general happy to be me (which I haven't been able to believe, even if said for quite some time). I am happy to have myself back.

Right now I am cooking freezer meals for my mom, who is trying to lose weight. Here is one that I thought I would share with some of you other ladies I know who are on the weight loss journey. If you like chickpeas and rosemary you will love this soup. I found it delicious. Though if your blender doesn't blend good enough it may be a bit starchy textured. But this recipe freezes well, is easy and cheap to make, and is absolutely deliciously flavored! Eat it with a whole wheat roll and a small side salad with a light dressing. It is surprisingly VERY filling!! My mom said she ate that meal for lunch at about 11:30. And she wasn't hungry until 4. Which for her, is a long time to go without having her stomach growl at least once. That was also on a day where she was VERY busy, and constantly on her feet through out the day (she works with mentally disabled adults) and it is VERY hardwork and hard on her body. I tried it myself and found it very filling as well! Give it a try!

Creamy Chickpea & Rosemary Soup - 133563 - Recipezaar

My next project, is cooking some gluten free stuff for my SIL because she has a very hard time sticking to a GF diet. She is allergic to rice, potatoes, and a long list of other things. Just think how hard that would be! Being gluten free is hard enough WITHOUT being allergic to anything else!!

My friend Katie finds out if her baby will be boy or girl on the 25th!!! I am soo excited to hear the news

My Ovulation Chart

May 24th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Apparently this spring is bringing new hope to those who have been unsuccessful! I hope some of you ladies can join me in the February DDC!!! My due date is February 2nd. My dad told me, that it is a miracle, because he prayed this weekend that I would get pregnant. I think my parents have really hated seeing me have to go through this past year. It felt good to hear that my dad had prayed for me We have always been really close. After DH my dad was the second to see my pregnancy test, haha. Then I messaged a pic to my friend Haley who was just in town the other day. She's excited to be an "auntie" as she so calls herself!
I am still a bit in shock. I took the dollar store test first thing this morning. I didn't know whether to believe it or not because my camera wasn't getting a good picture of it. But I went out and bought Answer tests and got a VERY positive line I think its even more positive than my tests from my first pregnancy, which is a comfort!(I stole my dads camera to take the pics below)
I am having faith in God that this one is going to stick!!! Send me lots of sticky dust ladies!

My Ovulation Chart

May 24th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I've been thinking a lot today. I just wanted to post this, because I feel I need to say it "out loud" to somebody, so I am held accountable to what I say. I feel that if I worry or am hesitant to celebrate this life because I am afraid of losing this one, it's just like I'm not trusting God to take care of me and the baby. So I am making a pact to myself and God that I WILL NOT worry and I will have FAITH in God to keep my baby with me. Once The February DDC journals get put up I will be leaving this one. Life is finally changing for the better, and God has gotten me past a year from hell, to give me a wonderful gift!

My Ovulation Chart

May 24th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I am so happy for you and understand your pact...and decided to put my pact blinkie back in my siggy......and I was thinking to myself what if one of the other girls on the pact blinkie is preggo then I read your journal....the pact you just said...is the one I make everyday......I look forward to you saying goodbye to this journal til you give birth to your sweet angel. Thank You God for answering my prayer for Katina.....help her to relax and enjoy this pregnancy.
May 24th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Thank you for your prayers I'm excited for us both to have gotten our BFP's so close together! Just another one of God's crazy miracles! Now let's see who is next in our pregnancy pact!!!

My Ovulation Chart

May 24th, 2010, 04:22 PM
so did you miss your af...is that how you knew to take a test or did you have a feeling? were you surprised?
May 24th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Oddly enough, I wasn't surprised...but then, I can't say I wasn't surprised AT ALL. But On saturday I suddenly heard myself telling myself I was pregnant. I couldn't really explain it. I felt VERY calm, and was just thinking to myself "I AM PREGNANT". I mean I've always had times where I thought I was pregnant before but this was just strange and different from those times. Then early this morning DH nudged me awake because I was smacking in my sleep, lol. That was when I decided I wasn't waiting for AF! I setn DH a pic of the dollar tree test, and he said he could see the line too, but just barely, and he told me to go and get a more sensitive test. So I did
I'm hoping to take a Digi in the next couple days. Though right now we are tight on money from the trip still, so it may be another week before I can buy anymore tests other than the one leftover answer test. AF is technically due today or tomorrow

My Ovulation Chart

May 25th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I was so impressed with my test today, I just have to share about it in my journal. Of course, there are no journals up yet for the February DDC so I will probably continue to post here until I can post there! It seems that my hcg levels are better than both my past pregnancies. I got my darkest pregnancy test ever today! I've also been a bit nauseous over food. I gag once I get half way through meals. This was happening over the weekend too, I just didn't realise WHY yet! lol. Here's the pic!

Symptoms:
~ exhausted
~ sore boobs(horrible!!)
~ light cramping and twinges here and there, plus some strange burning sensations on my skin in places....not sure if that is skin stretching already or what.. it sure FEELS like its stretching. I am already having to use my homemade moisturizer on my belly and sides!!
~ My temp is still up strong-great sign for me!
~cranky, crazy, and emotional!!

It's been a strange day for me...I never expected to be so positive over a pregnancy ever again..

I haven't gone in for a blood test to confirm yet. Everytime I go in my doctor tells me I am testing SO early, and it almost seems as if she is nagging me for coming in to soon, lol. So I am going to wait until I am 5 weeks, I think that will be long enough to not have to hear her comment, lol.

Oh! I had a story. So I had taken a test on Friday and when I saw it was negative I threw it in the trash, so I wouldn't keep staring at it everytime I passed by. Well Yesterday when DH got home, he said he found my pregnancy test outside and that a bird must have gotten it out or something(he didnt know it was the test from friday) He brought it in and showed me. The test, was POSITIVE!! LOL. So I spent all weekend wondering and thinking when I could have known! Silly

My Ovulation Chart

May 26th, 2010, 12:06 AM
I love your story and I love the dark lines..... grow baby grow, stick baby stick.......
May 26th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I am REALLY excited today. Yesterday morning me and DH went to get coffee at our favorite stop. I was sitting in the passengers seat and couldn't see the girl ringing us up, but she sounded familiar. I put my head down to look out the window, and what a surprise! It was my best friend from elementary/jr high school!!! I hadn't seen her in years. The last time we ran into each other I wasn't even married yet! She was all shocked, said she was just thinking about me like a week ago. She was one of those people that we just grew apart because I went to a different school and it was hard to keep contact for awhile. Well she just got this job at our coffee stop. I stopped by this morning and got a coffee in case she was working again, because we never got a chance to exchange numbers because DH had to hurry up so he could go to work. Well, she was working, and we exchanged numbers. I am now waiting for her call. She gets off at noon (its 11:55 here) and she has to do a couple of things but then she wants to hang out. I am SO excited. She seemed just like she used to be. Like she hasn't changed a bit, other than being more mature of course, lol. This timing was very strange for me. I really need a friend that I can see more often that will be excited about my pregnancy because anyone else I have told is being very guarded because they don't want to be disappointed again by a miscarriage. So, this is just perfect. She wasn't around for the miscarriages so she doesn't have that guarded attitude towards it! She's also the type of person who you can talk about ANYTHING to and she will never talk behind your back, or make you feel stupid. You can speak your mind, and she will speak her mind. I am just really happy that I will have a close friend to talk about baby stuff with and who will be just as excited as me. Oh, I guess I didn't mention that I told her that I was pregnant. That's how I know she will be excited. She was the first person I told EVER(including all other pregnancies) that actually acted EXTREMELY excited, lol. Also, I found out she lives right around the corner from me!! Only a short walk away!! I am shocked that we didn't run into each other sooner! Me and DH walk by her place everytime we take our dog Maya for a walk.
Anyways, that is my exciting news for the day, I am hoping she doesn't forget to call. I miss having a close friend who lives close by. None of my other close friends ever seem to have time or really want to hang out, and someties that hurts my feelings. But then that may have been because I was having issues with depression for quite some time. It was weird though....the second I truly moved on with life and finally gave in and let God take control, I was pregnant. God really does answer prayers, but if you don't also listen to him, your prayers will rarely get answered, I have learned that the hard way. But I am so happy to be back on the right track with life. God is good!!

My Ovulation Chart

May 26th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I love all of your awesome news
May 26th, 2010, 03:43 PM
OMGOSH!!!! Mommy!!! This is such GREAT, EXCITING news Kati!!! Woohoo!!! I am so very happy for you, Honey!! First Nayomi, now you! This couldn't have happened to two nicer, lovely Ladies! You are going to be a wonderful Mummy! What an awesome year 2010 is turning out to be, all the way around. Huge to you, Sweety! YAY!! H&H9!! And Stick Lil Beaner, Stick!!!
May 26th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRogue View Post
OMGOSH!!!! Mommy!!! This is such GREAT, EXCITING news Kati!!! Woohoo!!! I am so very happy for you, Honey!! First Nayomi, now you! This couldn't have happened to two nicer, lovely Ladies! You are going to be a wonderful Mummy! What an awesome year 2010 is turning out to be, all the way around. Huge to you, Sweety! YAY!! H&H9!! And Stick Lil Beaner, Stick!!!

Thank you!! You're sweet I am really shocked too, by how this all came about, both me and Nayomi getting pregnant. Maybe you're next!! I'd love if you could join me in the February DDC!!!
I've been nauseous today over trying to eat food. It all tastes gross...except for strawberries! lol. It's actually a really good sign for me. I never got this nauseous with my first pregnancy, and I'm only 4 weeks!! lol.

I found this article about women with celiac disease getting pregnant, and comparisons between ones who are on a restricted gluten free diet and ones that eat gluten regularly. As well as comparison of women who eat gluten(who dont have celiac) and women with celiac who do not eat it. Turns out the gluten free thing reduces miscarriage chances by a lot. And women who refrain from eating gluten who have celiac have higher weight babys than those who don't even have celiac and eat gluten on a regular basis.... VERY interesting information....it seems to me that just about any person would benefit from going gluten free, or at least lowering intake of gluten!

Fertility and Pregnancy in Women with Celiac Disease by Michelle Melin-Rogovin

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search