Katinas TTC Journal

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2010, 07:17 AM
katinagj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW, my temp is really up! Don't ask me why I am still temping lol. Though it has been keeping my attitude up. I had my first scary pregnant dream last night. I dreamed I was cramping really bad and I started passing clots....AAAHHH!!! I hate those kinds of dreams....Luckily I awoke to my temp being 98.4 and that was VERY reassuring My temps are so high I am just shocked. I really think it has a lot to do with going gluten free. My temps have gotten higher since I did(other than my last cycle before this) and my pregnancy temps in September and October were NEVER this high. I never even hit the 98's when I was pregnant before. With the first I remember my temps were just jumping in between 97.7 and 97.9 and then my second they were all over the place but the highest temp was still only 97.9. I am so happy to have woken up after that scary dream to that 98.4...just insane. I don't think my temp has EVER been that high other than mishaps like accidently getting up before taking my temp or when I was sick. However...I think I am going to need to work at gaining weight...add some more protein to my diet. Because I have actually lost weight in the past few days. Partly due to the fact that I get sick everytime I try to eat. Except for chili! I can stomach chili and some fruits(namely strawberries and blueberries) and cucumbers and carrots. I crave chili, just like last time. Wendy's chili specifically, lol. But I am also planning to make my white chicken chili today.

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/
May 27th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Nayomi80's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
when will be your 4 year wedding anniversary?
May 27th, 2010, 03:58 PM
The name of the video that my sis inlaw let me have/borrow is Pregnant, Fit & Relaxed. Did you hang out with your friend yet?
May 28th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Our anniversary is December 3rd I didn't even realise until you said that, that we will have been married for more than 4 years by the time we have our first. Funny because when we got married we originally said we would wait 4-5 years to have a baby. I guess technically we kept our promise! haha.
No I haven't hung out with my friend yet. Disappointing. She never called butleft me a message on facebook. She just got her job at the coffee shop and says she is trying to focus on that right now because it is so hard to remember all that goes into making all the different drinks. I can understand that! Its amazing how complicated coffee can be! She says she will call me when she has free time. I am hanging out with my sister in law on wednesday. I am making us both gluten free bread and we are going to have sandwiches(a luxury for the gluten free!) and watch a movie together. I think I might end up announcing my pregnancy to her. I don't know if I could keep it to myself by then.

Just a few minutes ago I realised that with my first miscarriage, I had been going by the doctors due date. But when I went back and looked, according to my ovulation date then and when I got my positive tests, I only have 3 more days left before I pass my miscarriage date. I am SO excited to get past that point!! I am positive I will. Just take one look at my chart and you will see there is a HUGE difference in temps between this pregnancy and my last!I have posted my second pregnancy chart next to my chart now(I would have put my first pregnancy chart, but there are no temps, but I do remember it stuck around 97.7-9). So, I am very happy to have a good reason to remain positive.

I decided to calculate the due date my doctor will give me(she goes by last menstrual) and figured out that my due date could end up being january 30th! So I guess I may end up jumping between two DDC. I am the youngest one in the February DDC so far which seems weird.

My brothers 30th birthday is on Sunday, but we are celecbrating by getting together for lunch on Saturday. It's going to be hard not to announce my pregnancy then. I thought it would be cool to make t-shirts that say "Uncle" and "Aunt" on them for all the siblings and announce it that way. My brothers birthday would have been perfect because I could have just gotten him one, but I don't knwo if he would consider that stealing his thunder, since it is his birthday. So I may just end up announcing it on Fathers day. Give my dad a grandpa t-shirt. My parents already know about the pregnancy but no one else in the family does. I don't know, I am still contemplating how I will announce it.

Symptoms this morning:

-slight nausea
-STARVING
-very sore boobs(though I am a little excited that I may gete cleavage for the first time in my life, LOL)
-exhausted all the time, though keeping lots of water down has helped a bit
-getting up to pee every hour
-the opposite of constipation
-cravings: Wendy's chili, straight milk(I don't normally like milk on its own), and apples(I also usually am not too fond of apples but I've been craving them since last Friday before I even knew I was prego)

My Ovulation Chart

May 28th, 2010, 08:40 AM
hey i will have to some how remember your 4 year anniversary is 1 day before my 30th bday!!!! hope you do get to catch up with your friend. baby sticky
May 28th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Nayomi- wow! That's so cool! I didn't realize your birthday was the day after our anniversary!! So awesome!

My Ovulation Chart

May 28th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Today me and my mom hung out and I decided to go get my blood drawn for the pregnancy test. finally. I had been putting it off all week. Partly cuz my dr told me to wait longer next time and partly because I hate going into the doctors! Of course now I must get used to it because its going to be happening more often! lol. I'm hoping that my levels come back good! Which I'm pretty sure they will be farely high considering how much more positive my tests are this time around.. But I am excited to hear what they are at and I am hoping that my dr will order another one to make sure my levels are doubling as needed.
My best friend has told me she is going to hopefully be living back here at home over the summer.(her mom lives here). She has been out of state for school, and has decided she wants to come back home cuz she misses everyone here! I am really excited because I miss her SO much!! She was the maid of honor in our wedding.
Anyways, I just wanted to update that I got my blood taken and I probably won't update until I have the results, which should be Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!

My Ovulation Chart

May 28th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMg, Katina~ CONGRATS!!!!!! I came back on today after being away for a while and I saw your siggy on your journal. You're pregnant! omg. I'm going to have to read back on your journal now. Catch up to this point.
The funny thing is that I think I may be pregnant, too!!!!!
How wierd, right? And I think I'm about five weeks pregnant. If I am pregnant we'll be having our babies right about the same time! And according to the chinese gender calendar I will be having a girl....I think...I don't exactly know when I O'ed. We weren't actively trying.
Anyway, I'm glad you're pregnant. Congrats, again
May 29th, 2010, 06:09 PM
so what made you two decide to get married on a dec 3rd?
June 1st, 2010, 07:37 AM
I have moved to the February DDC journal section here:

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...y-journal.html

My Ovulation Chart

September 20th, 2012, 10:25 AM
lol, I totally forgot I had a journal here. It's been awhile!!! So I'm going to go ahead and post. We will see how long I stay. Hopefully not too long! It's kind of interesting to go back over our jpurney of TTC Noah. And now on to the next!

I have been off of BCP since November 2011. We NTNP until I had a chemical pregnancy in March, then we continued NTNP until another chemical in May. We had just moved to Alaska May 5th and I found out I was pregnant a couple of weeks later. I don't even know how I got pregnant uner all the stress we were under, and I think maybe that is why I lost that one. I just had another miscarriage my last cycle... I was a bit further along, around 6 weeks. It hit me a lot harder than the others. I had the chance to get excited and start planning how we were going to tell the family. But when my pregnancy tests didn't start getting any darker I started to worry. Then they started getting fainter and I knew AF was on her way. She was.

We are now officially TTC this month. I want to know what my temps are doing so that I have more indication of whether or not I will miscarry. My temps don't go too high when I'm going to miscarry and with Noah I had a thermal shift that I did not have with the others. I am really liking my temps this month. I O'd on time, and my temps just keep getting higher. Lets hope it stays this way! I am hoping for a nice and sticky BFP this month! But if not I'm REALLY hoping for next month. I'd like to be able to announce to my family in November when we are there to visit. I only will be seeing my family once or twice a year now that we've moved and I'd really like to be able to announce our pregnancy in person.

My Ovulation Chart

September 20th, 2012, 11:49 AM
yes yes yes!!! Welcome back!!!! So good to see you on J.M. again
and you are TTC #2 (just like me) except I am going Natural........
I hope you get your bfp soon!!!

Last edited by Nayomi80; September 20th, 2012 at 11:52 AM.
September 20th, 2012, 04:58 PM
It's good to see you Nayomi!(or should I say read you? lol)We were NTNP for 7-8 months but after 3 miscarriages since march, I want to see if my temps give away any indication to what might be going on. Plus we decided Noah is old enough to "help" with a new baby now that he is regularly playing house and "feeding" us. haha.
Nayomi80 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

September 21st, 2012, 02:04 AM
I have a journal in this ttc journal section as well. so feel free to read it, stop by, write whatever. I am just glad to see another j.m. sister on here ttc#2.
I am very sorry for all of your losses. You crack me up saying nice to see you
(read you) haha! look@ my siggy and 1st post of my journal to see pictures of
my l/o if you want. I love being a mom. Your son is @ a cute age. I actually look forward to when my l/o is a toddler.
September 22nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
are you cd 28-8dpo???? Are you hoping for a girl this next time?
September 23rd, 2012, 06:02 AM
Yes I was 8 dpo yesterday. At this point i don't care what we have as long as we have another baby. I'm worried my body will continue to revolt against all lifeforms :/

Noah woke me very early this morning. He is super gassy because I was testing out wheat on him again to see if he still has an intolerance because he hasnt been reacting to very small amounts lately. Well, yeah, he's still got a problem. He is nice and gassy and now I am just sitting on the couch next to him. He is playing and eating his kix cereals and I am watching The Holiday and trying to type out my latest blog post... (Rain to Snow).
Anyways, I tested a little bit ago and BFN. But it's still early, and I also thing that FF may be wrong about my O date and I'm probably only 8 DPO. I'm going to try to wait until at least Tuesday to test again. I've never had to wait longer than 10-11 DPO for a positive, so if I don't have one by then I'm probably not pregnant. I guess we will see!!

Definitely having a lot of symptoms though... heart burn every night for the last 3 nights(I rarely get it unless I am pregnant), I'm not reacting to wheat(pregnancy causes a strange sort of tolerance, my OBGYN told me its because when youre pregnant your body is more focused on taking care of the baby and so sometimes you end up less reactive to intolerances.). I've been having to get up in the middle of the night to pee and also to drink water(I get dry mouth at night during pregnancy), Crying very easily at silly things, irritable(though could just be PMS).

I guess we will see! Feel free to check out my blog. I may or may not finish the post I'm working on right now by the end of the day. There will be lots of pictures Rain to Snow

My Ovulation Chart

September 24th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I still havent finished typing out my blog post on blogger. I really should get to that, I have family waiting... but today I've been busy researching some stuff. I am pretty sure that AF is on her way tomorrow with the dip I got in my tempurature this morning. Unless by some miracle it is an implantation dip, but I doubt that. I just feel light cramping and my test today was Negative. I have come to the conclusion that I likely have a Luteal Phase Defect. When going over my past charts(and adding in O dates where FF had failed to) My luteal phase averages at 11 days. Not TERRIBLE, but definitely not good and some months it was only 8 or 9 so seems like something I should have been concerned about but didnt realize. My temps are also never much higher than my O temps. I mean theres an obvious rise, but it doesnt seem like as much as some others I've seen. This doesn't quite explain how I came to carry Noah to full term... but at the time I was taking fish oil. Which can help fertility and I'm pretty sure it also helps to regulate hormones.

So here is my plan for this month, hoping to regulate my cycle a little. I am hoping it will result in an earlier O and a longer LP. Wish me luck!

Fish oil 3 times per day with food or I may just increase the amount that we eat fish because we have a TON of sockeye salmon straight from the kenai river in our freezer. Caught by muah

Maca Root- 1 capsule every other day to start. I have a friend who recommended this to me. She said it has helped with mood swings and you can even take it during pregnancy(as long as you have been taking it regularly before you get pregnant)! I also did some research and found that it helps to regulate hormones for a more regular cycle.

Vit B6-supposed to help with luteal phase defect.

Prenatal-for obvious reasons, lol.

I'm feeling pretty good about this plan. At least now I have a possible explanation as to why I keep having miscarriages.
I was recommended by a friend to go to this birth center in our area to do my annual exams and to give birth there. She said it was amazing giving birth there and the women are all great. So I have an appointment with a Midwife on Friday for an annual. Hopefully come tonight or tomorrow so that I am light by then otherwise I may have to reschedule for next friday and I really dont want to have to do that. I am really excited. I have never been to a midwife before but I have a really good feeling about it. I think she will be better at natural treatment and maybe have more experience with reading temperature charts. My last dr didn't do more than glance at my charts. I hope everyone is having a good Monday!

ETA: Oh! And green tea! I forgot I was going to try drinking green tea again. I remember I was doing that during the first half of my cycle when I got pregnant with Noah, so I might as well try it again. Also going to try to cut back on coffee. Lately I drink 2 cups a day, and thats not very good.. Noah just has a lot of sleep problems and its the only thing that gives me energy in the morning. I'll have to figure something else out. Maybe I will start drinking green smoothies again(did that a couple months before we moved and it definitely made me feel more energetic).

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by katinagj; September 24th, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
September 25th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Temp dropped more this morning. AF should be on her way today, so I will probably be CD rather than 11DPO. So... 10 day luteal phase? fun fun. Actually ever since FF placed my O date I've felt like it was wrong and I actually ovulated the day after. I had horrible ovulation pain this month which lasted for 3 days(body was trying really hard?). The last day I had the most pain and that was the day after FF says I O'd. So I guess that would actually be a 9 day LP. What in the world?

ETA: Noah is REALLY sick today. No bad fever(just 100) but he definitely isnt feeling good, there is snot pouring out of his nose, and his eyes are so watery he looks like he is crying. My poor baby.. And of all days it is on the day my temp drops and I am positive AF is coming because the cramps are killer. Not looking to be a very great day..

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by katinagj; September 25th, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
September 25th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Check out my blog post!! Rain to Snow: September Vacation(pic heavy)

My Ovulation Chart

September 26th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I'm writing out a meal plan for the month today.. because I haven't been keeping very strict to my gluten free diet lately, it's been hard since we moved and our lives just got completely uprooted. Oh, and AF cramps suck. That is all I have to say today...

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search