Katinas TTC Journal

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Katina! Ive been wondering about your Gluten Free diet.
Does the gluten free diet help with your cycle and help
the cramps to be more manageable? and does it help with
managing your weight and weight loss (for whoever is trying to lose
weight) ? Hey you may want to try room temperature a couple squeezes
of lemon juice from a lemon and drink that as often as you like...especially once in the morning...that will help regulate your cycles and help you to be more fertile and get impurities out.....its one of my to dos...and I just spoke to dh and let him know that I want to slowly but surely become gluten free....as I think l am allergic to wheat and it keeps weight around my waist.(well one of the things that does this)
September 27th, 2012, 03:00 PM
katinagj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure about the weight thing. It depends on how you do the diet. The great thing about being gluten free is you are less tempted to indulge in premade junk food because most of the gluten free junk food is very spendy. But on the other hand if you do eat a lot of junk thats gluten free, often times it will actually have even more calories than the premade junk with wheat in it. I am already feeling better by not sneaking in bites of wheat bread. And I only started getting really strict again yesterday, lol. I've been so bad since we moved! One of the ladies in Noahs playgroup yesterday mentioned the lemon water to me. I'll have to pick up some lemons! I have limes but no lemons on hand.
The diet does help with my cramps though. Even this month. CD 1 I was dieing.. but I ate a frozen waffle for breakfast... big no no. Yesterday I was super careful not to eat anything that might make me sick and my cramps were much better by the time the afternoon came around. Today I have absolutely none. Crazy!!

I'm not doing fish oil anymore. I ended up just buying a prenatal with DHA in it from costco because it was on sale. I also bought a B complex vitamin which has 100mg B6. Hopefully it helps. I am going to the store today or tomorrow to pick up the maca root powder. I am going to mix it into smoothies.

While at costco yesterday we picked up a bunch of produce(about 24 lbs worth!!) for me to use for smoothies. Awhile back I started drinking green smoothies because I was trying to give up coffee because of my migraines. I ended up giving up on it because money was tight and I couldn't keep up with the cost of produce in Washington(and its even more expensive here in AK). I am picking it back up though, because now I am getting payed $800 month to nanny my niece 5 days per week. It is SOO much easier to eat when it is in smoothie form. Otherwise the kids are BEGGING me for my food. Today my green smoothie was 2 cups baby spinach, 1 ripe banana, and 6 large ripe strawberries. It was so yummy!! If you've never tried a green smoothie before, try this one!! I have had a few that came out disgusting but this one was awesome!! If you cant get any good ripe strawberries you might have to sweeten with a little honey. Tomorrow I'm going to try out a spinach, canteloupe and apple one I think. I might freeze a few pieces of the canteloupe though so that it is cold. Today my smoothie was warm and it would have been much better cold.

Anyways, it is CD 3 and I have NO CRAMPS. Woohoo!!!

It's time to put Noah down for a nap now... wish me luck!

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/
September 27th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Still Trying for #1
Sounds like a tasty smoothie!

October 2nd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Super sick. No energy. Which is why I havent been writing in this. I did however write a new blog post yesterday in my gluten free blog. I've been cooking a lot lately so I have lots of posts on their way to my blog soon. Today I will be posting a recipe for biscuits and gravy. http://gfcomforts.blogspot.com/

Nothing much else to write about. Just waiting for O but that wont be for another week at least. I get my progesterone checked in two days. Hope everyone is having a better week than me! Hoping I start feeling better SOON!

My Ovulation Chart

October 4th, 2012, 03:49 AM
How are you feeling? Get better soon!!!!!!!!!
October 4th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Nayomi- I'm doing okay, still sick. And DH is sick again too. He literally JUST got over a cold and now he has another one.

When we have a chance we are going to call the health department or fire department and mention our neighbors. I have a feeling they are hoarders. Their window blinds are covered in mildew and their windows have been open since we moved here in May(and its been in the 30's at night!). Theres garbage and stuff smashed up against the window that you can see through the blinds and I'm starting to worry there might be mold in the walls. I could be wrong but I am almost 100% sure that they are hoarders.

My temp jumped this morning. I'm sure its a fluke since I've never ovulated so early. I was supposed to go in today to get my progesterone checked but DH had a crisis at work...they had a company truck flip on the ice/slush a little further north from us. The 3 other guys from the shop are up there taking care of things which leaves DH as the only person at the shop today(he was supposed to have today off which is why I told my midwife that I would be able to come in today). So frustrating. Not sure when Ill be going now..

I have next week off from nannying my niece. I am so excited! I decided that I'm going to build a new baby gate with a door so that we dont have to step over the one in the kitchen and the one over the stairs all the time. I'm super excited to make it! We are probably going to the hardware store tonight to get supplies. Here is the tutorial if anyone else wants to try! Covered in Mod Podge: DIY Baby Gate {or my husband calls it a baby cage}

My Ovulation Chart

October 4th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That baby gate looks awesome! I'll have t try and remember that should I ever get a BFP.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
October 7th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Tasha- definitely try it out! I havent started working on it yet but me and DH went to get the supplies and it only cost us $30!!

-----

FF keeps giving me crosshairs. I did not ovulate on CD 9. There is no way. I have never ovulated earlier than CD 14 and even that only happened once! My temps are weird this month though. I can't explain the temp jump. I never made it in to get blood drawn so I will have to call my midwife on Monday to ask her about when she thinks I should come it(it will depend on when they have someone in the office to draw blood). I'll update when I found out. In the meantime I am cleaning my house, and hanging out with Noah this week since I dont have to watch my niece Makayla. We will probably do some shopping too

My Ovulation Chart

October 9th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I went on a cleaning rampage yesterday. It felt SO good to get so much done. I deep cleaned the hallway downstairs(it was filled with junk from moving we still needed to organize) I cleared boxes out of the closet so that we could actually use and I cleaned the laundry room so that we could put all of our dirty laundry in there instead of ont he floor in our bedroom(we only have one very hamper... I really need to buy a big one, lol). I also started tackling our bedroom and bedroom closet. DH still had 3 boxes of clothing he hadnt unpacked yet! So I opened up the boxes, started going through them and realized. He doesn't wear half of the stuff that was in there, so he is going to have to help me finish organizing later! Today I am tackling the upstairs (kitchen, living room, bathroom) and will hopefully make it to the downstairs bathroom and Noahs room. Noahs room will take me a few days. There is a ton of stuff in his closet that we really need to just put into storage until we move again in April.

Anyways, FF is still giving me cross hairs. But no, I definitely never ovulated. I don't know why it still thinks I did! Driving me crazy! I will probably O this weekend which is PERFECT timing because DH has a 4 day weekend and I'm sure we will have lots of DTD opportunities! haha.

I called my midwife and she said after looking at it again she realized there is no reason for me to come in before I ovulate. So I have to call them and let them know when I do so that we can schedule a time for me to come get my blood taken. I'm starting to worry. What if progesterone is not my issue. What will I do then? ...........

My Ovulation Chart

October 9th, 2012, 09:42 AM
So got an idea from a friend to take two of the temps down below my normal coverline and my chart looks SANE again! lol. No more fake coverline. I have not ovulated, and I feel my body starting to show signs of it coming. My ovulation pains lasted 4 days last month, and were super intense the night I ovulated. We will see what this weekend holds. Anyone else get O pain for such a long period of time??

My Ovulation Chart

October 15th, 2012, 09:50 AM
I ovulated on the 10th(16 dpo!!) its like a miracle or something! I wonder when I have been ovulating normally now because this is so early for me compared to my charts from TTC Noah. My midwife had me come in on Friday(2 DPO) to get blood taken for a progesterone test and to check my thyroid levels. I know it is too early for the progesterone test so we will see what she says when it comes back low. I'm more worried about the thyroid test than anything right now. I had a cyst a few years back which went away, but I havent had anything checked on in quite awhile.

It is snowing outside right now. Crazy right? It is going to take quite a bit of time for me to get used to snow this early in the year. It's supposed to change to rain soon then back to snow tonight and it is supposed to be 25-35 degrees out for the next week. Luckily I got my snow boots in the mail last week!

Light a candle at 7 pm tonight. It is infant and pregnnacy loss awareness day. I will be lighting 5 candles for all of my babies.

My Ovulation Chart

October 15th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Still Trying for #1
Wow! Snow already? It's still in the mid to upper 80's where I live.

October 15th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb1029 View Post
Wow! Snow already? It's still in the mid to upper 80's where I live.
Yeah, seriously! So weird. It's supposed to be in the 20s-30s all week here! We went to the reindeer farm about an hour away because they have a "pumpkin patch". Really its just a bunch of pumpkins sitting in a field. lol. But really... only in alaska do you go to the pumpkin patch in the snow and feed the reindeer and go on horse carriage rides. haha.
mrsb1029 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

October 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Still Trying for #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by katinagj View Post
Yeah, seriously! So weird. It's supposed to be in the 20s-30s all week here! We went to the reindeer farm about an hour away because they have a "pumpkin patch". Really its just a bunch of pumpkins sitting in a field. lol. But really... only in alaska do you go to the pumpkin patch in the snow and feed the reindeer and go on horse carriage rides. haha.
I just realized you live in Alaska after I saw you had a new post in your journal.

I think that's cool though I can't wait for it to get cooler here.

October 17th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Fertility friend is on crack today! After entering in my temperature it is trying to say that I am now only 3 dpo!! what in the world? So is that because I have a triphasic chart maybe? Would you consider it triphasic? I've been super exhausted but I started out the month feeling like this cycle just wasnt going to be it. And last week I dealt with severe depression for most of the week. I think it was mostly just homesickness. I miss my family!! But then I started feeling better and now I feel like MAYBE we could be lucky enough to be pregnant this month... but probably not. I'm so doubtful lately. We will see what happens.... I know I'm going to have to over ride my chart later.. blah... anyways.

Today I will be posting a new post in my gluten free comforts blog. We had Chicken Parmesan for dinner last night and it was awesome!! I just need to find time to load pictures and such for it. www.glutenfreecomforts.blogspot.com

I hope everyone is having a good day!

My Ovulation Chart

October 17th, 2012, 09:22 AM
I put EWCM in for the 16th and FF gave me back my original O date. I dont even remember if I had EWCM or not. Oh well. I KNOW I O'd on CD 16(O pains) so I guess it doesnt matter much!

My Ovulation Chart

October 18th, 2012, 07:49 PM
My temp has started to dip and I feel AF is on her way, so decided to do a little research. I still have not received the results to my blood tests. My midwife was supposed to call me earlier this week. I called yesterday and they said they would have her call me. I will call again tomorrow.
Since I feel like AF is on her way and that would make an 8 day luteal phase for me if she does rear her ugly face, I decided to do some research on naturally boosting progesterone. I'm reading about foods that you can eat to help. I am going to type out the list here. Please do not follow it... I will update when I have researched some more. I have read from some places that these will boost progesterone. But some dr's say that some of them actually boost estrogen which would only exasperate the problem. So I am still researching. Here is the list so far though:

Nuts and seeds, walnuts - eat raw
Avocado
Leafy Green Vegetables
wild yam(herb)
whole grains
soy milk
red meat
chicken
turkey
turmeric
thyme
oregano

I have also read that you should avoid going on a low fat diet if you have low progesterone because low cholesterol can make it worse. So I am going to go continue researching and NOT eat lowfat foods. hahaha.

My plan for this month? same as last except I will actually take my pills everyday, lol. Oh and Ive been dealing with depression so I am going to start taking vitamin D supplements again.

Prenatal with DHA
B6
Vit D
Maca Root(if I can ever find it at the store!)

My Ovulation Chart

October 19th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Still Trying for #1

Good luck, honey!!

October 19th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Af hasnt shown yet but I've got the cramps to tell me she is on her way! My midwife finally called with my bw results and my progesterone was 5 at 2 dpo. She wants me to come in today to check them too. Excited to find out the results for today's as it will tell me more and I really just want some answers!

My Ovulation Chart

October 20th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Dropping you off some bfp dust!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search