Katinas TTC Journal

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2010, 04:38 PM
katinagj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so not much happened, lol. I didn't take pics because at the moment the place looked like a tornado had been through it! haha. Mostly because all the work that has been getting done, it leaves a mess of random crap behind, even the bathtub for the dogs was full of garbage and junk. Opening has been delayed until next Wednesday, and I'll be training on a dog on Friday, and hopefully grooming my own dog as well! I didn't even do anything other than go over details today, but I am exhausted. Driving makes my hip hurt, should make for an interesting daily commute. What am I going to do if I can't drive without hip pain?? UGH I HATE joints! Anyways, on a happier note it took barely any gas to get there, I'm probably getting 30 or more mpg highway.

Now I have some grooming books from my cousin to go through.. homework!

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/
January 27th, 2010, 09:25 AM
I've finished 1/3 of this grooming book already(it's 200 somethin pages). I decided I want to finish reading it by friday so I have a bit more knowledge and maybe my cousin won't have to teach me ALL the basics, lol. Yesterday we figured out where we are going to put my stuff for sale too. Hopefully the tax return will give me some extra money to buy supplies so I can make more dog blankets and toys to sell. Oh and dogs LOVE my blankets, lol. I'm very proud of them

I think this grooming stuff was just what I needed to get my mind off of TTC. I haven't really been thinking about it at all, or even worrying about trying to get pregnant or making sure we get BDing in(not that were not, lol). I've got a new calm "whatever happens happens" type attitude now, and I gotta say it's pretty darn relaxing

My Ovulation Chart

January 27th, 2010, 09:39 AM
OH! Forgot to mention that my brother and his wife heard the baby's heartbeat yesterday! I'm happy for them, at the same time I'm impatient for that moment! And I'm concerned she had to wait till she was 13 weeks to hear it and doesn't get an ultrasound for another 3 weeks. I hope they don't make me wait this long, because after two losses I don't think I could do it.

My Ovulation Chart

January 27th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how many months is your sis in law? when is she due? do you have nieces and nephews?

Thanks Jaidynsmums for my siggy

Their ages in Sept!
Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 6
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 6 month old Lillian 1 mos!
Oct
my nephews will be Charlie 6 & Lorenzo 6
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 7 months Lillian 2 mos

Nov
nephews Charlie 6, Lorenzo 6
niecesTamara 2, Arielle 8 months Lillian 3 mos

Dec
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 9 months, Lillian 4 mos

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts
January 27th, 2010, 11:13 AM
She is 13 weeks, they heard the heartbeat yesterday. Apparently my brother recorded it on his Iphone and they are coming to visit on Friday and we all get to hear it! She's due on August 2nd, day before my birthday. This will be my first neice/nephew, we were the first of our generation in both our families to start trying to have kids, my brother and his wife started trying a couple months after us.

My Ovulation Chart

January 27th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Okay, finished the grooming book and went to the library to get two more! lol. I figured I have all day tomorrow to study since the training got setback to Friday and I want to be as informed as possible. These two books I found go more deeply into professional grooming, and are actually pretty interesting. But then I am an animal freak. For those that don't know, I want to go into rescue work when we move to Alaska, for wild animals and domesticated pets. I will probably end up fostering dogs as well to keep them from getting put down, as long as I can talk DH into it and as long as we have the money. Our house will be a zoo! Not that it isn't already..
But anyways, moving on. I also found two health books that talk about natural remedies for health issues, as well as a book called "Foods that fight pain". I've been focusing so much on my diet lately I think this will help me decide what meals would be the best to make. I just figure, the doctors can't figure anything out, the blood tests all come back normal, yet all these pain issues come back frequently when I am least expecting it. Maybe I can do something about it as simple as changing my diet or finding foods that better combat my main issues.

I'm very contemplative today. Thinking back, I remember high school when I had no interest in anything real. I hated informative books. But now...I'd rather read a informative book than fiction. My mom LOVES fiction, so she is constantly giving me books, that I never end up reading, other then the twilight series, lol.
I've just learned so much from doing my own research, and I can't afford to go to college, so I'm schooling myself. Maybe it will help prepare me to homeschool our kids. Which is what I plan to do if we can't afford private school.
Anyways, I'm done with my random contemplative rant! I hope everyone is having a good day! And I hope to read some BFP stories soon!

My Ovulation Chart

January 27th, 2010, 07:55 PM
You remind me so much of myself it is scary....I deal with pain and am sick and wonder if that is what keeps me from my baby for the short/long term of thing.....not that you said that or anything....I too only like self help books or books that have facts...i do not like fiction...I might of liked fiction when I was a kid and they forced us to read that kind of stuff in grade school....but yeah I want to read what is real...and I will dis like to admit this...out of all the books you can read...I have mostly read about pregnancy.....
I can not believe you brought up the subject of Twilight cause dh and I just got done watching that movie not too long ago...and we are hooked now...we need to see New Moon now...did you see either of these movies? Is your brother older or younger than you?

Their ages in Sept!
Oct

Nov

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
January 29th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Yeah we've seen Twilight and New Moon. We have Twilight on DVD, and New Moon I went to see 3 times, lol! DH came 2 of those times and would have come all 3 if he didn't have to work the day after opening night! lol

Both my brothers are older than me, Jesse is almost 30(in may) its his wife whos preggers. My other brother is almost 25(in may). But I still got married before them! lol! Actually, Jesse and Danielles first date was at my wedding! haha

So our bengal Sabre turned 8 months old yesterday. He is getting close to 12 lbs and he seems huge, and is already the biggest cat I've had in years, along with being the clumbsiest! He is so uncoordinated you wouldn't believe it. One thing hes good at though is acting like a bucking bronco when you walk down the hallway. He will jump up twist his body and kick his back feet in the air before landing. lol. I just wanted to share a couple pics I got this week. I got a laser pointer to use with him to tired him out before bed so he would leave our other cat alone at night. I think it's working! lol, it definitely made him pant, and I had never seen a housecat pant before..

My Ovulation Chart

January 29th, 2010, 09:33 AM
your cat is so so so cute!!! so how are you liking NTNP so far? what is the next thing on your list concerning your new job?

Their ages in Sept!
Oct

Nov

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
January 29th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Nayomi- Basically we are still waiting for the drain to get fixed. After that, sort of unknown. I guess she's not getting many calls since they put the sign up on Monday. Kind of frustrating. I'm hoping this business doesn't just go down.... I'm scared I'm going to be stuck back at my in-laws working again. But we will see how it goes! Trying to keep my chin up.
I am loving NTNP! Though I have been trying to get baby stuff completely off my mind this month and its impossible because for some odd reason DH is addicted to watching pregnancy shows! hahaha. I never would have expected that from him. He is constantly turning on Teen Mom and then he sometimes turns on baby story and I didn't know I was pregnant and shows like that. It's weird, lately I am SO emotional. I well up at everything! See a kid enjoying time with parents and I tear up, see someone enjoying time with their dog and I well up. If I hadn't of clotted so bad during AF I would probably think I was pregnant! haha.

I have decided however that I am going to open my own grooming shop or set up my garage to groom when we move to Alaska(in about a year). This is going to be a for sure thing. Grooming is rather easy, other than dealing with uncooperative dogs and some of the heavy lifting involved with larger dogs. I guess it would be hard for most people but I love dogs so much its actually just fun for me. I am excited to see some new breeds I've never seen before, or never had one on one time with before. I think I'm lucky because I'm a step ahead of most people who pick up grooming, because of all the research I have done on my own. For the past two years I have been researching dogs, dog breeds, and health and nutrition almost everyday. I even have a huge note book filled with notes and information that I have collected. Now I'm trying to put together a note book of all the breeds and their requirements for grooming so I have a reference to go to when I start my business in case some one brings in a breed I've never worked with. I'm hoping DH will be able to buy my clippers for valentines day.

I think part reason why I have a hard time finding jobs, is that I am a quiet person. I don't speak unless I have something good to say or something important. I guess it makes me hard to read. Sometimes I feel like I'm just from a different world. LOL. in fact. I have people tell me that I am like Bella from twilight, not to mention now people are telling me I look like kristen stewert! hahaha. I think the quiet thing runs in the family though. My aunt is the same way and has been called a B**** many times by people who don't understand her personality. Who knows how many people have called me the same behind my back.

This was just interrupted by a phone call from the doctors office. Blood tests finally came back in. They were all normal, including vit D which was low last time I was in. I guess I do completely give up. No more doctors, no more blood tests. Tired of normal results, how weird is that?
In this book I've been reading "Foods that fight pain" it talks about the foods you should avoid to ease back pain and joint pain in general. And it is basically telling me I need to become a vegetarian! lol. I really don't think thats possible for me, especially once we move to Alaska. DH will be hunting a lot and we're going to have so much meat I don't think I could resist it! For now I think I will just try my best to avoid processed foods and greasy food, especially since greasy food makes my stomach act up. Maybe it's IBS or something...which I used to consider something that would be embarrassing to have but now that I'm a bit more mature than I used to be I'd be happy with this since its something you can actually manage with diet.
Wow this post has gotten loooong. Wasn't meaning to write so much. I just have so much on my mind and sometimes DH just isnt the person to go to when I need to talk. As far as the health stuff goes, I think he gets tired of worrying about it(he already has enough to worry about), so I avoid the conversation. I also have absolutely no girl friends to talk to, other than my SIL's and they aren't the people to go to everytime you have something you need to talk about. One more reason I hope this grooming business picks up, because even though my cousin can be a bit scatter brained sometimes, she is nice to talk to and has more understanding than any other girls I know personally.

I have to say though, I wish I could meet my friends here in person! Too bad no one lives in the same state! lol.

My Ovulation Chart

January 29th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Is your dh in the military ? Or do yaw have family in Alaska? or is Alaska yaw's dream place to live? It is too bad that we do not all live in the same state...I am too a quiet person til I get to know my friends real well..

Your last post on my journal really really got me laughing...I told you we are so alike..... I was looking at your siggy trying to find your cd number and then found it...right when I was going to give up....

Their ages in Sept!
Oct

Nov

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts

Last edited by Jakaira s Mom; January 29th, 2010 at 03:27 PM.
January 29th, 2010, 03:31 PM
No, not military. DH is from Alaska. He lived there until he was 16-17 when his parents had to move to Washington for his dad's job. He's missed it ever since. But we always think back to the fact that if he had never moved to Washington, we never would have met, and everything happens for a reason. His cousin is basically his best friend and lives in Alaska still, and his oldest brother also lives there and theyve both been bugging him for years to move back. We are hoping to move next spring or summer. He's got me in love with Alaska, lol. Though I know I will miss washington, I've always lived here, its going to be a bit of culture shock. One thing I like about Alaska though, is that people seem a lot nicer up there than they are here. With the rainy weather comes some real attitude from locals in Washington. Most people keep to themselves, and sometimes I wonder if that's not why I'm so quiet! lol. Being couped up 3 seasons out of the year turns a lot of people into recluses. But we like to go snomobiling and do a lot of outdoor sports(though my back is NEVER happy with me!) so Alaska is pretty perfect for us. We'll be snomobiling all winter!! Not to mention half of fall and spring since theres always so much snow!

My Ovulation Chart

January 29th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Its kind of funny Katina... but my dh grew up in Arizona a big chunk of his child hood and his dream is to move back there as soon as we can....i say its all funny cause your dh wants to move some where real cold and my dh wants to move some where real hot.... too weird my guy is miserable here in ohio...so to see a smile on my dh's face would mean so much.

Their ages in Sept!
Oct

Nov

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
January 30th, 2010, 04:06 PM
hopeful3853's Avatar Super Mommy
katina, sabre is SO beautiful!!! my dh and i are huge cat lovers. sounds like he's pretty active. would you say bengals are more active than most domestic cats?

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24a531]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whmtMMi/]
January 31st, 2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.F.P. 2010 View Post
Its kind of funny Katina... but my dh grew up in Arizona a big chunk of his child hood and his dream is to move back there as soon as we can....i say its all funny cause your dh wants to move some where real cold and my dh wants to move some where real hot.... too weird my guy is miserable here in ohio...so to see a smile on my dh's face would mean so much.
That is funny! Weird how us girls are fine wherever we are but the boys gotta go back home! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful3853 View Post
katina, sabre is SO beautiful!!! my dh and i are huge cat lovers. sounds like he's pretty active. would you say bengals are more active than most domestic cats?
He's definitely active. Right now we are trying to get him to stop mauling our other cat! lol. It's pretty difficult to completely run him out of energy until recently. We bought a laser pointer and we've been tiring him out with that. It works very well, but we have to do it for about an hour every night to tire him out enough to get him to leave our other cat alone! He's recently figured out how to get onto our highest cupboards which would be about 8 to 10 feet high! All my depression glass is up there so now I have to move it to a new home so he doesn't break any of them. I mean, one plate alone is worth $30 to $40 and I'd like to keep it that way! haha.

We just got back from H&R Block. And I am sooo happy we started going there to do our taxes. We're getting way more than we used to. Though probably mostly because we are renting out the other side of our duplex. But there are a lot of things that we wouldn;t have gotten money back for cuz we wouldn't have realized we could if we didn't have someone to help us out! The total estimate for the tax return was 6 grand!! I can't believe it! We were shocked. haha. A very nice surprise and great becuase I will finally have some money to buy supplies for my business I have been wanting to start up for a long time. I hand make dog and cat toys(and towers), and I want to open up an online store as sort of a side job. More of a hobby than anything but might as well get payed for it right?! Very excited I will have a fall back if this grooming thing doesn't work out.

I think I will try to take pictures of some of my stuff and post them to show you girls. Gotta get some honest opinions! I also somehow have to figure out how much to charge for each thing. But that will be after I figure out how much of the money would actually go to me and not supplies or other costs. It will definitely be a fun business even if I don't get a ton of customers. Sewing these toys and making the fleece ropes for dogs really keeps my mind off of other things!

I'm not too worried about getting pregnant anymore. In fact I forgot what cycle day I was on until I checked on here and looked at my ticker! haha. It's already CD 12?? lol.

I decided after getting regular blood test results once again, I am going on an elimination diet. It's going to be EXTREMELY hard for me, but I really just want to feel healthy again and if thats what it takes, thats what Ill do! I'm not positive that my muscle and body aches are being caused by food but I do know that my stomach and digestion issues are. Sry for the TMI but I never have regular or normal looking BMs anymore. So I'm hoping this diet will fix that and I can figure out what my main triggers are. I'm going to give it a few days to pig out on whatever I want and I will probably start the diet by the end of the week. This means the only things I can eat for at least a week will be rice, turkey, pork, veggies(green,yellow, and red), fruit(but no citrus fruits), and millet.
No dairy products or meats I eat everyday. Absolutely no sugar, caffeine, articifial sugar or processed foods. And no grains but the rice and millet. This is going to be hard! After my symptoms go(if they do) I can slowly add one thing into my diet at a time. Each addition takes about 4 days though...this is going to be a loooong diet! But I am sure that this will make me eat healthier probably for the rest of my life because I will finally get out of the habit of eating junk food. When I was younger I had the nickname "junk food junkie" lovingly given to me by my aunt. So it's going to definitely be a big change! I've been researching a lot so that I will still be getting enough nutrition from my foods so that if I do end up pregnant while on the diet I will still be getting all the right nutrients. Keep me in your prayers girls, so that I can do this the right way and finally feel healthy again!

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by katinagj; January 31st, 2010 at 01:23 PM.
January 31st, 2010, 02:56 PM
I hope you do well wit your diet

Their ages in Sept!
Oct

Nov

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
January 31st, 2010, 04:05 PM
the night-lighting tip might be a big help to you... Fertility Awareness, Food, and Night-Lighting

Their ages in Sept!
Oct

Nov

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
January 31st, 2010, 08:58 PM
hopeful3853's Avatar Super Mommy
well, i'll be your first online customer buying cat toys when you get your business up and running! glad to hear you guys are getting such a nice tax return! bet that made your day. and good luck on your diet - i hope it really helps with your joints!

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24a531]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whmtMMi/]
February 1st, 2010, 01:57 PM
I am bouncing off the walls today. lol. I am so excited to get my business running! I have been going over all the products Ill be making and I didn't realize how much I actually make! I'm hoping DH will actually let me use a few hundred to buy supplies. He is all about saving our tax returns but I'm hoping he will understand that I will need a few hundred to actually get enough supplies to make enough to sell.
List of my homemade products! :

Dog toys:
-Dog squeeky toys(in sizes:s, m, l) In shapes: rectangle, heart, and bone
-Dog rag quilt blankets in sizes: small medium and large (exact sizes need measurement still)
-Simple fleece blankets: possibility of adding pets names for people once I get more practice in doing this
Kennel blanket pads: Still need to find exact sizes for most kennels so they will be more universal
-Dog tug'o'war rope with handle for less hand breaking play!
-Dog tug'o'war rope with tennis ball on end(same as the other just an added tennis ball)
-Possibly making dog beds as well, but haven't tried it out yet so not positive(they should be farely easy for me to make though)

Cat Toys:
Cat catnip stuffed toys: 1-2 T of catnip in each (3"x3") with polyfil (Gave one to Sabre today and he growls at me when he thought I was taking it away from him! lol!)

Large catnip wrestlers: about 12 inches long(similar to a dog toy but stuffed with polyfil and lots of catnip

Cat Towers: these I probably wont be selling right away, I will need more funds first and I need to find a source for large PVC pipes for tunnels.

Cat teasers: I have a big variety of these but do need to find a source for a couple of the supplies needed to make them

Depending on what supplies I can get a hold of I'll be making mice and all sorts of other cat toys. Just depends on supplies. So excited!

That's all I can remember right at this moment. But I am soooo getting antsy to get started making things but I have to wait two weeks!

Anywho, I am CD 13 today! My O day is coming up already! Luckily I have plenty of distractions for myself! lol. We decided we are going to bd everyday for the next week. DH is excited about that one! LOL

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by katinagj; February 1st, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
February 1st, 2010, 02:53 PM
I am so happy about your new buisness and I hope your dh will be on board with the $$$ Distractions are very good for you.

Their ages in Sept!
Oct

Nov

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search