Is there anything more anticlimatic than a BFP?

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2009, 01:24 PM
Aly Welch's Avatar Aly
I just had mine this morning. Tomorrow I get the blood work done to confirm and I have this irrational fear it will say negative. So far I've only told my husband, mom and best friend. I know I should wait until the dopplar next month to tell anyone else but it's killing me. I just keep reminding myself that I've waited months just for a BFP so what's another month?

On the other hand, I can't get that horrible scene from Marley and Me out of my mind...the one that ends with Jennifer Aniston's character asking "is there even anything there?"

There's no question here, just sharing my story in case anyone relates. I take solace in knowing there are others who keep testing after the first positive just to make sure.

I've refrained for now, but I'll use my extra tomorrow just to make sure I don't need to cancel the apt.

PS. Would you believe I squealed and said "That's me!" when I saw there was a forum called TTC Graduates?
July 22nd, 2009, 02:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know I squealed. I already knew about the forum, but for once I could answer questions instead of ask them. I tested 13 times before we had our first u/s to confirm at 8 weeks. It was nice reassurance. We waited until the end of the first trimester to start spreading the word though since that's when your risk of m/c really drops. My cousin made the announcement they were expecting #2 just after their confirmation u/s only to m/c a couple weeks later so it would have spared them the difficulty of telling everybody what happened.

I hope that your numbers come back nice and high and that you have a wonderful 9 months. Congrats mama! Lots of sticky dust!

July 22nd, 2009, 06:02 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and I took like four tests!!!!!!!!!!!perfectly normal

July 23rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
Aly Welch's Avatar Aly
Thanks!

Hearing I was "definitely" pregnant from my NP today helped...but I can keep a secret about as well as my mom did. She let it slip that she told Dad, then one of my aunts so I asked her if there was anyone else...and she named another aunt...because one came over and one called and she was just so excited and couldn't help it. Hope it's sticky 'cause now that it's official, word has spread.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search