Brandy's TTC Journal!

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey everyone! So, I am new to this forum, and before joining, have been TTC lil baby number one for about four months now, on and off.

Here's a little background:

DH is in the Army, and proposed a little over a year ago, after 2 years of dating He left last August for Aviation training, and we tied the knot in a little ceremony last November. We officially decided to TTC this past February ( of course AF was going on at the time, lol) and began our baby making in March! However, he was gone for 3 weeks in April for training, so that month was basically moot, and then I was gone for 2 weeks in July. So, counting this month, we have been BDing for 4 months.

Even though it technically hasn't been that long, it feels like a lifetime! The first month I went out and purchased OPK's, and EPT's and was like a crazy woman, timing BD, charting and everything that goes along with it! But after two months of nothing, it all felt like a waste! So, we've just been BDing whenever the mood strikes us, of course w/o any sort of protection, to see where that takes us.

So, yeah, so far nothing. On top of all of this I have been having some medical issues that all seemed to start when DH and I began dating. About a month or so into our relationship, I had random pains during sex that would leave me unable to even move without wanting to scream! After going to the hospital, and being assured I was STD free (rolling eyes at this moment BTW), the pain stopped. It happened on and off, but never to that degree. However, April of '08 it happened AGAIN, and I had to go to the emergency room, only to find out I had a ruptured Ovarian cyst. Every now and then, during BD, the pain will come back. However, it hasn't been as bad as it was the time I had a ruptured cyst.

My problem now is that I have an aching sensaton in my lower abdomen off and on, and this has been going on since March. I also don't know if I'm ovulating because my periods are really irregular. So far, my cycles have ranged from 32 to 39 days.

Anyway, that's a bit about me and my TTC journey! Right now, I am expecting my period to hopefully show up this Friday! Of course, it would be wayyyyy grand to have it not come because I'm PG, but we'll see!!!

Last edited by Brannyt; August 11th, 2009 at 09:50 AM.
August 11th, 2009, 01:37 PM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
welcome to j.m. i hope your stay in the ttc is very short and that you find yourself with a very soon

August 12th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Thank you! I hope you do too!
August 12th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
GL! Keep us posted and let us know if AF shows or hopefully if you get your BFP! And, we're glad you're here at JM!
August 13th, 2009, 06:10 AM
So, according to my chart, AF is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

However, it's been so irregular that I doubt it will. It was so crazy. For about 3 cycles, I would spot for a week before AF would show. Last cycle I didn't...AF just showed up one day. So I'm hoping that maybe this means it's regulating itself? Who knows.

Anyway, I'm doubtful about AF arriving tomorrow only because (and this may be TMI), every time DH and I BD right before my period shows, we see light brown creamy CM. Well, we BD'd last night and nothin.

I don't wanna even get my hopes up for a minute and think I may be PG though. Truth is, I'm not having any EPS.

Oh well. I guess we'll see tomorrow! I really hope that my cycles start becoming more consistent. I would hate to have to find out something else is wrong!
August 15th, 2009, 08:06 AM
As of today...no AF yet. However, still not getting my hopes up about being PG.

Woke up in the middle of the night last night with a stomach ache. Almost like cramping, but I thought it might've been either (sorry if TMI) diahrrea or my period coming but nothing.

My last cycle was 39 days and FF has my average cycle at 36, so I think that's why they had my estimated AF as yesterday. If my cycle is 39 like last time AF should come Monday.

I'll write Monday to let ya know the update
August 15th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you'd like you can share your FF chart and we can give some input. Usually, it's your luteal phase (after O) that stays the same. So, look at what it was last cycle and that is about within 1 day or so of what it will be. It's the follicular phase (before O) that flucuates. GL, KUP!
August 16th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Well because my cycles have been so irregular, I'm not sure if I even ovulate at all. So right now I'm just using FF to keep track of when I get my period each month. That way, if we don't get pregnant within a certain time range, at least I'll have a record of each cycle for the doctor.

The first month we actively TTC, I went out and bought an OPK and got a positive result on CD 17 and CD 18. That cycle was only 32 days. However, we decided against doing it every month because of how expensive it was. That's the only sign I have had of possible ovulation. I don't use a BBT for temp, though I probably should.

After that first month, back in March, my cycles have ranged from 37-39 days .
August 16th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have long cycles too, and so temping on FF is great because it can confirm whether or not you are ovulating. Like, I had an 84 day cycle once (WOW! I know...) but I KNOW I ovulated becuase my temps rose and stayed up the last 12 days. Just an idea... GL!
August 16th, 2009, 03:45 PM
So...

Had a crazy urge to POAS and...

This is the second one I took! Both were positive! Can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Brannyt; August 16th, 2009 at 03:50 PM.
August 16th, 2009, 05:49 PM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
oh my GOODNESS you JUST mad MY day Lady!!!! hope you have a happy 9 months, safe delivery and happy baby or babies...

do you know how far along you are?

August 16th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Lol, thanks!!!

I went to a site that makes pregnancy tickers and it said that, if my cycles are normally around 39 days, I am 4.5-5 weeks along.

I still can't believe it!
August 18th, 2009, 10:25 PM
hopeful3853's Avatar Super Mommy
wow! congrats!

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24a531]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whmtMMi/]
August 18th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yay for you! congrats!!!
August 19th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Thank you so much!