Lady Rogue's Journal ~And it begins~

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2010, 07:26 PM
LadyRogue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi All! I'm fairly new to JM; mainly been posting in the Am I Pregnant threads. But now, we've decided to officially start TTC. So, here goes:

My name is Tammi, I'm 35 but turning 36 in March. DH is Freddy, 36 yrs old. We have a his/mine family. My 2 DSs are 10 and 4. His children are 13 DD and 9 DS. We haven't really been doing much of anything in the way of TTC, figured if it happened, it happened. But, I had a chemical (12/27/09). The doctor confirmed this, and now, I've been late for my AF 16 days now. I'm not pg tho. After several faint positives on hpts, got my beta testing done yesterday and only have 2mlU of hcg. Doctor put me on Provera, which I started tonight. On CD7-11 (once my AF starts!), my doctor is going to do a HSG to check my tubes to make sure they are clear (he's pretty sure I had an ectopic on the chemical in December).

I had some spotting that we really thought might have been O bleeding or Implantation bleeding on 1/20/2010. I'm beginning to think that was my AF, especially after the chemical. I was due for my AF 1/24, have always been a solid 28 day cycle with no spotting/cramping or PMS symptoms (other than irritability) before AF. I have had a ton of symptoms, with the latest being the appearance of blue veins all over my body (they spread from my chest and BBs to the rest of my body, including fingers in a week's time frame). CP is mid/high, soft and closed (for 2 weeks now). CM has been lotiony and a LOT of it for 2 weeks as well. We ruled out chemical imbalance thru a string of blood tests. No real idea why my body is giving me false symptoms (additional ones are sharp stinging pain in BBs, darkened nips at attention, tubercles all around aureolas popped up, mild cramps in lower abdomen for 2 weeks, bad lower back pain for 2 weeks, food aversions/cravings, dizziness and some mild nausea). Anyway, I was sure I was pg, especially after last night's hpt gave me a decent positive (I posted it on the AIP board). I was disappointed to get the neg results from my doc's nurse this morning, so was DH.

But, during all of this, we had several long discussions about it and the experiences made us realize how much we would truly love a baby. Even our children are gung ho about it (tho my stepdaughter has really made sure we knew she'd like a sister). Now, we're going to do the TTC thing. I'm going to start temping/charting in the morning. I'm ordering OPKs online (recommendations??) and will start those when it's time. I'm already taking prenatals, very rarely drink caffeine. DH is totally on board, too. So, once the Provera brings on AF, I can begin CD1 and we'll officially be TTC. I'm new to all this charting and such, so I would love you Ladies' expertise, especially if I mess it up! So, it begins.

BABY DUST TO ALL OF US!!
February 10th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am happy that you are starting a journal I have posted on the AIP board in the past...do you remember seeing me over there at all??? Im Nayomi. I kinda remember seeing you over there.... so anyway a lot of us use Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting to track our fertility. and you said you were ordering opks online...I think early-pregnancy.com might have opks. I hope you get your sooner than soon.

Thanks Jaidynsmums for my siggy

Their ages in Sept!
Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 6
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 6 month old Lillian 1 mos!
Oct
my nephews will be Charlie 6 & Lorenzo 6
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 7 months Lillian 2 mos

Nov
nephews Charlie 6, Lorenzo 6
niecesTamara 2, Arielle 8 months Lillian 3 mos

Dec
nieces Tamara 2, Arielle 9 months, Lillian 4 mos

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 postsAug 17,14 400 posts
February 10th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Yes Nayomi, I do remember seeing you over on the AIP lists.

Update today: No major changes. Taking the Provera, so I expect AF next week. I may have started AF naturally this Sunday, IF the spotting I had in January was an irregular period. FF listed it as an AF and changed my CD from 46 to CD 21. Or maybe it didn't...idk. Regardless, I'm still having the cramping, lower back ache, etc. Heartburn has recently been rearing it's ugly head over the past 3 days. Bleh! I already take acid reducer for Acid Reflux, so it's rare for me to get heartburn. But I got it from one small piece of garlic bread on Monday! Today, I just had some jello parfait (sugar free, only 25 calories!), and the heartburn is coming back from that! Ugh. This really stinks, to have my body think I'm pg, yet all the blood tests are neg. I'm hoping the Provera will reverse the symptoms and allow me to get back to normal. I did get a BBT yesterday, so did my first temp this morning. I'm going to keep doing them everyday just to get in the habit.

Other than that, just a blah day. It's the second snow day in a row for myself and the kids. I'm a high school teacher, but I work at a different school than our kids. We had that snowstorm hit pretty good. It's not too bad, but the roads are slick. Of course, having lived in Alaska, really NOTHING is bad to me. LOL! Well, that's all for now. Going to go help DH fold some laundry (yes Ladies, he cleans AND does laundry!).
February 11th, 2010, 05:04 AM
here is some af So what branch of the military are you in or were you in?

Their ages in Sept!
Oct

Nov

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
February 11th, 2010, 11:48 AM
katinagj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Make sure you dont forget to take your temp at the same time every morning! Just a fair warning when I first started charting I didn't know that and my first cycle chart was all over the place since at different times ur temp is different. After I realized thats why my chart was messed up I started to take mine at 5 am every morning because it was the only time that I could take it where I wouldn't have usually gotten woken up before that time. And everything evened out. You want to get lots of sleep before waking to take ur temp. Hope that helps, and I hope af shows her face to you can get on with TTC!!

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/
February 11th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks so much Ladies! Yes, I want AF to get here, so we can get on with this! I always get up between 6-6:30am every day during the week, and usually wake up around that time on the weekend, tho I admit I got right back to sleep. LOL! So, I'm going to give that a shot at temping. I'm not a morning person, so any earlier would wreck what sleep I do get.

Today, I've been having just very uncomfortable cramp type pains in my abdomen most of the day. And I got extremely nauseous earlier. THAT was no fun. I really thought I was going to have to have DH pull the truck over. Ugh! We ate lunch, and I felt a little better...but then, the pains came right back again. I also have a slight metallic taste in my mouth, that I've never had before. I HATE this! I don't understand it. All of my tests came back normal and both my serum blood test and the beta test came back negative for pregnancy. Yet, my body hasn't seemed to have gotten the message. It's actually depressing me a little, because I know I'm not pg; yet, the symptoms just aren't going away. I really thought taking the Provera would cause the symptoms to stop. Sigh. Additional symptoms: lots of creamy CM. CP is med/low, very soft and feels closed, though I charted medium because I'm not positive. It feels like puckered lips (I kno, TMI). Bad lower back pain, the cramping low in my abdomen. Gas and bloating. Still have blue veins all over.

I'm taking prenatals, along with my acid reducer. I'm thinking about baby aspirin and Evening Primrose Oil once AF starts. I'm also going to order Preseed and OPKs once AF decides to show her face. Danged , comes unannounced when you don't want her, and when you do, she flies you "the bird" and takes her own sweet time. LOL!! Oh well, I got yet a third snow day today, so I'm really enjoying just being at home with DH. It's been so relaxing and I've really needed that. May take a nice, hot bath later. That will help the back pain, at least. Sorry, I'm just feeling down today. I'm usually pretty optimistic...you know, the glass half full type. Today, I just want to throw that danged glass against a brick wall.

Oh, I was in the Navy. Sorry about that, Nayomi. I got hurt while in, so got processed out on a medical/honorable discharge. Went back to school and became a teacher.
February 11th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Oh, thank you Nayomi! I just read your latest post and that reminded me that I wanted to log down the dream I had last night.

My Mom & Aunt were here, DH was somewhere (work?) and I had been up super early and had finally gotten a nap in while my Mom looked after the kids. I woke up to my youngest son (who was maybe 6 years old? he's 4 now) in my bathroom, tub full of water, he's taking a bath and there's like an inch of water all over the floor. I was just livid. So to cool down, I took a walk. When I came back, my mom, Aunt, youngest son and a baby girl (about 10 months?) were outside on the porch. I came up and sat down on the edge of the porch, and the baby girl came over to me. She was wearing these little beige colored tights, with a red dress, no shoes. It was like I was meeting her for the first time. She grabbed onto a chair or something, pulling herself up right next to me. I saw her brown hair, same color as mine, with her chubby little cheeks and little nose. She looked just like me, even had my eyes and eyelashes! She put something in her mouth and I took it. My Mom said, "Like mother, like daughter." and everybody laughed. I think it startled me wide awake. It was such a vivid dream! And oh my, she was the sweetest, most beautiful little girl! Dang, it's bringing tears to my eyes, just typing this. Amazing!
February 11th, 2010, 02:38 PM
beautiful dream almost to the point I have tears in my eyes (i have noticed a lot of ladies are having baby-girl fever this year.......thanks for writing down that dream...i just love pregnancy& baby related dreams. How long does your cycles usually last til?

Their ages in Sept!
Oct

Nov

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
February 11th, 2010, 04:18 PM
My cycles have been a faithful 28 days since I was 16 years old. Except of course, for the times I was pregnant. So, this is extremely abnormal for me. It's driving me insane, because I know I'm not pregnant. Does Provera cause nausea and dizziness??
February 11th, 2010, 07:24 PM
i dont know anything about provera.....and you have never been on birth control?

Their ages in Sept!
Oct

Nov

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
February 13th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Hi Nayomi! Yes, I was on BC pills since I was 16 yrs old, except for when I had my sons. I stopped taking them a year ago. With DS#1, it took 6 months after I stopped them to get pg. With DS#2, I got pg ON the pill. I'm 35 now, so I'm not surprised it took longer. We honestly didn't even think about it. My prescription ran out and I was so tired of the way the pills always made me feel every month, so I didn't get a refill. We said whatever happens, happens.

Ok, so here we are, 5 days on the Provera. I have 2 more to take, then the doc said my AF should arrive about 3 days after the last pill. So, she should show up on Thursday. We can't move forward with anything until she does, so I'm really hoping the Provera worked. However, I'm still confused, because I really expected all of my symptoms to go away. They haven't. In fact, today, I kept getting so dizzy! DH and I went to town to find a wardrobe for our room and pick up the carpet we need, and I had to keep sitting down! Ugh! Still having all the other symptoms: BB pains come and go, cramping, back pain, lots of cm, CP still soft, med/hi and closed, blue veins everywhere, nipps still 'perky' all the time and darker color, acne is BAD, etc. I can't believe the symptoms aren't gone at this point, with the progesterone in my system from the Provera. I temped this morning and my temp shot up...but, I think that's because I didn't wake up til 10am. I forgot to set the alarm for 6 to do my temp. We'll see what I get tomorrow. Good news is that I had a beer last night with my brothers and DH. I rarely drink, but it was very good and was nice to have one. Tho that one beer had me loopy and buzzed!

In the meantime, we had decided to remodel our walk in closet to make it a bedroom for our youngest son (4 yrs old). We have a 3 bedroom with 4 kids...so decided to give up the big closet. That's ok tho, because I'm not a woman with all the clothes. The main things that are hung up are my work clothes and a couple of dresses. Besides the wardrobe we got is actually very good size, so all of my work clothes will fit, no prob. And, it has the added benefit of more drawers and shelves. So, tomorrow will be a busy day, because we have to strip out all the clothes and such, put down the carpet (it has linoleum now), run the cable in there and move in the toddler bed and dresser. It'll be very nice for our 2 older boys, they'll have a room to themselves (10 and 9). Our youngest is very excited, because now that he's a 'big boy', he'll have his own room.

It's nice to have a project to keep me busy, during all this waiting. While I kno I'm not close to O'ing yet (need AF to show up before that can happen), it's hard to wait. Well, I guess I should go finish rearranging my room. That way, we'll be able to finish up the new 'bedroom' tomorrow. Wishing lots of Baby Dust to all!
February 13th, 2010, 10:58 PM
here is some af

Their ages in Sept!
Oct

Nov

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
February 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks Nayomi! It just may have worked!

Update today: Ok, so all day today, I've been working on my youngest's new bedroom (turned our walk-in closet to a bedroom for him). Finally have it finished, YAY! He just loves it! And now that allows him to have his own room, our 2 older boys (10 & 9) to have a room to theirselves, then our oldest, my stepdaughter (13) of course with her own room. It's worked out nicely. We were even able to run cable into the new bedroom. We were able to get the finishing touches yesterday (wardrobe for our clothes...it's awesome and really big! and carpet), so I finally have it done.

I went to the bathroom earlier, and got some brown tinged mucus (sorry if it's TMI). Maybe AF is starting finally??? Oh man, I hope so! However, I'm not having AF type cramps...just the pulling cramps that I've been having for the past 3 weeks. The weird thing is that my temps shot up yesterday and even higher today. Shouldn't they be dropping if I'm starting AF?? I even set my cell phone alarm to wake me up at 6am to temp. I'm new to the charting thing, so not sure what's up with the temps. FF is predicting AF for next Sunday. But, IF that spotting I had 4 weeks ago was an irregular AF, then I'd be right on time for AF today. CP is medium, still feels soft (not super, but squishy instead of firm like I'd expect it to be) and still feels pretty much closed (like puckered lips still). Today, I had a bad headache most of the day, and got dizzy quite a bit. That's the second day in a row for the dizziness. I just don't know what to make of it. Well, hopefully this is AF starting, so I can call the doc and schedule the HSG to get my tubes flushed and make sure there are no blockages. Let's face it, I'm not getting any younger. I'll be 36 on March 4th...so the clock is certainly ticking away.

Wishing everyone a Happy Valentine's Day and Lots of BABY DUST!
February 15th, 2010, 03:57 AM
we might become cycle day buddies if our new cycles would start today.

Their ages in Sept!
Oct

Nov

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
February 15th, 2010, 01:50 PM
That would be very cool, Nayomi! I wish AF would hurry up and get here already. When I checked CP (soft, medium, feels a little open, but not sure?) & CM, I noticed that the CM was tinged brownish, but not a whole lot. It was like EWCM though, very weird. Also, my temp dropped drastically between yesterday and today. Am I O'ing? And how in the world?!? My chart just looks crazy. I haven't started AF yet. Today's the last day on the Provera. According to the doc, I either should've started AF, or will within 3 days. I really don't know what's going on. Still. It's very frustrating! I'm still having dizzy spells today. Had some cramping to the left side of my uterus this morning. Actually, it's been coming and going most of the day. And I swear, my BBs have gotten bigger and feel heavier. I can't wear my underwires anymore. This morning, I didn't even have a bra on, but it looked like I did! DH even commented on it. So, I guess it's still a waiting game for me. Sigh.
February 15th, 2010, 02:41 PM
so sorry to hear that LadyRogue. so when was your last af? I have a strong feeling that I have PCOS do you have that? thanks for being there for me. I needed that virtual hug. How are you?

Their ages in Sept!
Oct

Nov

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts

Last edited by Jakaira s Mom; February 15th, 2010 at 02:58 PM.
February 15th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I had a chemical Dec. 27th. I had some spotting Jan. 20th & 21st, but it was brown and very light. So unless what I had in Jan was a very irregular AF, it's now been 51 days since my last cycle. The doctor gave me the Provera (progesterone) to jump start my AF. Guess we'll see if it worked within 3 days. No, I don't have PCOS. In fact, when the doc did an ultrasound about 1 1/2 weeks ago, he said my ovaries look very clear and small, so no issues there. My uterus was enlarged, and he kept pointing out how thick the lining was. He saw two small spots along the lining and said they were too small for cysts, but he didn't know what they were. I really don't know what's going on with my body at this point. DH keeps asking me if I'm sure I'm not pg, cause I've been crying at the littlest things, getting real dizzy that past few days and now I'm trying hard not to fall asleep as I type this. It's only 7:40pm!!! I feel like I could go sleep the entire night.

Good news is that we currently have a Level 2 snow emergency here (I'm in Ohio too) with 10 more inches predicted overnight. So I may luck out and have another snow day tomorrow.
February 15th, 2010, 06:37 PM
so nice that we are Ohion JM sisters af Any news today?

Their ages in Sept!
Oct

Nov

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts

Last edited by Jakaira s Mom; February 16th, 2010 at 05:49 AM.
February 16th, 2010, 09:29 AM
katinagj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lucky people with your snow! All we get is rain! lol. But I should really be used to that. I am in the rainy state of Washington!
Sending you af

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/
February 16th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Congrats on your af we are KINDA cycle day buddies...

Their ages in Sept!
Oct

Nov

Dec

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search