Starr's TTC Journey

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Starr's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRogue View Post
Hahaha! El, I wake up a bit earlier (about 5:45) when we want to BD in the am during the week. Well, sometimes I wake up. I am 45 mins from work, so I know exactly what you mean. We BD morning or night, don't really have a set plan. What can I say...can't get enough of my DH. Well, usually that's how it is. Lately, I haven't been feeling as frisky. Not sure what to make of it, though I'm sure it has to do with being so stinkin' tired. I go to bed early, but lay there and toss and turn. Or wake up all thoughout. Not sure what to make of it. I'm so hoping you get your BFP this cycle! That would be wonderful!!

Question for you, if you don't mind answering. What kind of maternity leave do you have (how long)? And can you take a longer leave of absence? I just found out my school allows up to a year (or maybe it's 2 years) for a leave of absence when you've had a baby. Just curious as to what other school districts offer. With DS#2, I had a c-section, but went back to work after 4 weeks, because I wanted to finish out the last 2 weeks of the school year.

Baby and sticky bean dust!!!
I have a 45 minute commute also- but, our high school is progressive and believes that high school students should not have to wake up so early- that teenagers need their sleep for brain development; therefore, the student school day is 9am-3pm (teachers report at 8am). I love your comment about not being able to get enough of your DH! Very cute. I have found that our sex life has become better with each baby (weird, huh?)- maybe it just corresponds with age / maturity / intimacy of our relationship / communication / etc....??? I don't know, but DH is happy!

My high school is a state public high school- meaning, it does not fall under any town / county jurisdiction / taxes, it is a line item in the state's budget; therefore, everything looks a little different. We are given 4 weeks fully paid and 6 weeks TDI for vaginal delivers and an extra 2 weeks for C-sections. That said, we can take the full FMLA time off without pay and not be in jeopardy of losing our job (however, the placement / position can change). What is the greatest difference than that of my sister is that we do not have sick-time that we can bank over the years to utilize- she had 6 months of paid leave after her 1st baby- that connected to summer vacation!!!! I am very envious.

I hope all is well!
El

2/25/10

CD 15

I'm loving the fact that this cycle is moving right along! We are in the midst of a major rain storm (that has lasted for days and will continue for days)- which sucks, because a Friday snow day would be wonderful! I'm hoping that fertilityfriend shows my cross hairs and detected ovulation tomorrow (fingers crossed)- hoping for a spike in temp. DH (as you all know) and I have been BDing every single day this cycle- and we continue to put of the valiant effort right up until the end.

My best friend / cousin has been trying since her wedding in September for a baby (she is 30)- I hope she gets her BFP soon, she was actually testing today.

Then, my other best friend (who is married to DH's cousin) has been having contractions every 5 minutes for her baby due via c-section on March 9th...so, it is baby season in my circle...I hope I can join.

Good Night JM...I've got to get ready for SURVIVOR!!!

El

Thank You Helen for my beautiful Siggy!
February 27th, 2010, 05:18 PM
2/27/10

CD 17 (3 dpo)

I woke up this morning so excited to see that I had 2 elevated temps in a row and like magic I had CROSS HAIRS on my FF chart!!!! I was so happy to see that- I thought this cycle was going to just drag out forever, but now I feel like it is all within reach.

My hope is that tomorrow my temp is even higher...rise temp rise! I'm feeling really optimistic this cycle- I think we have done everything right- as planned and to schedule. Now, I have I have 6-17 days of waiting until POAS. This round I will only use pink dyes (after last cycles depressing debacle). I don't think I will use digis being that I know they too can produce false positives.

I'm a very happy girl today!

BABY DUST!!!!
El

Oh, and sticky bean vibes too! (to all)

February 27th, 2010, 05:50 PM
LadyRogue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right on, El!! I so hope you catch that eggy! Sounds like you planned everything out right. Now you're officially in the 2WW! I'll be stalking you!! Baby dust and sticky bean dust!
February 28th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRogue View Post
Right on, El!! I so hope you catch that eggy! Sounds like you planned everything out right. Now you're officially in the 2WW! I'll be stalking you!! Baby dust and sticky bean dust!
2/28/10

CD 18 ~ 2 dpo (I think?)

Well, I went to bed so happy...so wake up even happier to a higher temp...but, then FF pulled away the joy of my cross-hairs and stated that they had not detected ovulation! Now, that I look at the chart I'm pretty sure they are going to say I have 3 dpo tomorrow morning.

I guess that is still good news, but, I was so very happy thinking that everything was moving along in this cycle and that I was 4 dpo this morning...now I have to just be patient and wait to see what happens. Thankfully, DH and I have been BDing every day this cycle- so, we have not missed a chance (even once the false cross-hairs popped up).

So, I guess I should try to be positive - at least the temps are moving up.

Have a good day everyone,
El

March 1st, 2010, 05:46 PM
3/1/10

CD 19

I am really tired tonight- but, what I've found is that I look forward to going to bed because in the morning I get to temp again and add to my BBT chart on FF! It is so addicting! Getting my cross-hairs this morning was great (after they were so devastatingly removed)...now, I just need to be patient- this 2WW sucks. My plan is to buy 2 3-packs of pink dye tests (maybe FRER, undecided) and begin testing at 9 dpo which is this Friday right through (only 1 a day) until I get my BFP! I'm thinking positive.

Good Night FB,
El

March 2nd, 2010, 05:22 PM
3/2/10

CD 20 (moving along quickly!)

So, It's official, I am indeed a POAS addict...without question! I stopped at CVS today and bought not 1 but 2 packs of HPTs...1 double box of Answer and one 3 pack of FRER (pink wrapper). Got home- mind you only at 4 dpo...and took a test- so dumb! I know the science behind it all (I've been PG before- a few times) I get it- but, I couldn't resist the urge to POAS. Of course it was the biggest BFN you could imagine.

Okay, my plan is to not test again until 8 dpo...because that is the soonest I have ever heard of anyone getting a faint BFP, then I will again at 9 dpo (which is our 15th dating anniversary- we will be married 13 years this summer)- so, hoping that is a good sign, and that will leave me with 2 more tests for 10 & 11 dpo. Now, basically what could happen here is that I have spent almost $30 for nothing because either a) this is way too soon for my often low HCG levels or b) we won't even say that- because we are trying to be positive and optimistic!

Of course I will keep writing until I get my BFP- I hope it is sooner rather than later, honestly I am feeling optimistic this cycle- we'll see.

~El

March 3rd, 2010, 12:49 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
here is some baby

Thanks Jaidynsmums for my siggy

ON My Weightloss Journey.....

My 3rd Niece Lillian Nicole- Due 9/8/14

Nephews Lorenzo,Charlie both 5
Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 4 month oldNiece Lillian due to be here around 9/8/14

to get things like fertilityblend (check!
*We currently take Geritol. Check!
*Conceive Plus by Sasmar Check!
Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

ClearBlue Fertility monitor and fertility monitor test strips by ClearBlue.
I am considering to buy that.
************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 posts
March 3rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler's Wife View Post
here is some baby
Thank you Nayomi...right back at you!

3/3/10

CD 21

5 dpo

Okay, so I find myself looking forward to going to bed at night so I can temp in the morning - crazy I know! My hope is that I have another shift (UP) in my temps tomorrow morning...I've been looking at my chart when I conceived my last and it was triphasic (funny thing is, I had no idea what that was at the time / that it was a potential good sign)- and the 3rd temperature shift happened at 5 dpo.

After reading about one of the girls on the TTC board (who is now PG) who might be having twins- it made me want my twins even more. I feel like something special was taken from me with the double ectopic- the idea that I carried twins (even if only for weeks) makes me want them all the more.

Well, I just worked out on the treadmill- so, off to tuck the big boys in (baby is long since in bed for the night) and then I need to hit the shower.

Good Night JM,
El

March 3rd, 2010, 09:27 PM
hopeful3853's Avatar Super Mommy
hi el! hoping for a beautiful for you in a few days!

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24a531]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whmtMMi/]
March 4th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I am so so so happy for you!!!

Nieces Tamara 2years old , Arielle 4 month oldNiece Lillian due to be here around 9/8/14

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

************************************************** ***************>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>
In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 posts

Last edited by Jakaira s Mom; March 7th, 2010 at 06:41 PM.
March 5th, 2010, 06:23 PM
LadyRogue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL! El, I know what you mean about being a POAS-aholic! I'm just now O'ing and thought for a short second that I might take an HPT. I did my OPK instead. I know what you mean about temping. I love doing it too. It was exciting to see my temp jump up this morning. I can't wait to see my crosshairs!!

I am so hoping this is it for you! Can't wait to see that BFP! Lots of baby dust!
March 7th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

Welcome Womb(check!)
progesterone supplements

In my TTC#2 Journal
Jan 8,2013 100 posts
feb 6,2014 200 posts
April 26,14 300 posts
March 8th, 2010, 01:33 PM
3/8/2010

at 8dpo & 9dpo (with FRER / Pink Wrapper & digi)

10 dpo Today

This will be my last entry!!!! So, very happy and excited...but, I will indeed miss the TTC board and my journaling girls! My thoughts and prayers go to Tammi, Hopeful, & Nayomi...I want to see beautiful BFPs from all of you VERY, VERY soon!!!!! I'll be popping in from time to time to check on your status! Thank you all for your awesome support on my TTC journey- you have all been great JM friends.

I can't believe that this is happening!!!! Morning sickness hit me like a ton of bricks last night- this is really it! This was my first PG taking a digi test- and wow did it feel good to see the PREGNANT!

And, all this brought me to is that the everyday method is the only way! DH and I BD every day from the day after AF until we expected AF with DS 1, DS 2, & the ectopic and I was PG every time on the first cycle...after the ectopic we tried for 7 cycles and never made it everyday- finally, when we bit the bullet and did every day- boom along came baby boy number 3! Last cycle we did not keep up with everyday, and this cycle we did not miss one day (until my temps raised...we kind of cheated this go round with the BBT charting, but I JUST new I was PG). I also have a girlfriend who had been trying for 12 cycles with timed intercourse, one day she called all upset and I told her what we do- she did it that next cycle and she now has a 4 week old baby boy!

I am over the moon, babies are an incredible blessing! I am very thankful for this gift.

El

March 8th, 2010, 10:04 PM
hopeful3853's Avatar Super Mommy
congratulations, starr!! i'm so very happy for you!

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24a531]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whmtMMi/]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search