Ashley's TTC Journal

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMommy
So this will probably be long so bear with me.

I have known for about the last year that I was ready to have kids. DH (AJ) and I met September 18th,2008. Neither of us were looking for a relationship at the time because we had both just gotten out of one that wasn't healthy. I had been with someone for two years and found myself not happy, which ended up in me cheating. I called my Dad and asked if he would buy me a plane ticket back home to Texas. DH had been in a long relationship that ended up with his fiance cheating on him, so needless to say neither of us were looking. But that changed the night we met. On the first date we went to dinner and a movie and ended up back at his house. It was like I knew that I had found someone that I didn't want to be without, little did I know he felt the exact same. Everything after that just flew by next thing I knew I was living with him. He proposed Valentines day 2009 and we were married in a small ceremony on June 4th,2009.

So now that you have a back story here goes....

I asked DH last year if we could start TTC. He wanted to wait so I agreed. My car's transmission needed to be replace and we needed a better living situation. So the plan was once that was taken care of I could stop taking my pills. So it took longer than we had hoped because of a few minor roadblocks but as of February 1st I quit my pill. So I am currently on my 1st cycles which has turned out to be 43 days so far. If I don't have an AF soon guess I'll be making an appointment. DH and I have come to the decision that we want two kids. I am hoping to give him a boy so that he can carry on the name, which will be the only one to carry the name.

Sorry for being so long.....see I told you Jennifer my 1st post would probably be pretty long
March 16th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm happy you started a journal Ashley! You guys did everything quick, that's cool! I hope you get a BFP soon! If not this cycle then the next one!
March 16th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I was surprised how it fast it went by. We went to California to visit some of my family in June and decided while we were there that we would get married. My Mom and Dad were together which never happens, and we did it in my grandparents front yard which just made their day.

That's my Dad, Me, AJ, my bro Bobby and my Mom.
March 16th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love your picture Ashley!
March 17th, 2010, 06:23 PM
JuiceF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww, Ashley!! I love your pictures!!! I love your dress!!
March 17th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How's your cycle going? Are you feeling like AF? Are you testing soon? I hope the stays away and that you get a BFP soon!
March 18th, 2010, 06:38 PM
annnnnnnnnnnnnnd she did!!! yay!!!!
March 18th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the BFP hon! Have a happy and healthy 9 months!!
March 19th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies!!! Guess I should have waited to start this since I won't be needing it anymore....lol!!!! I am going to make a doctors appointment soon. I have no clue where I am at in terms of this since I have no idea when I O'ed.
March 19th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again!! Oh and when was the last time you had a negative pregnancy test? That can kind of narrow down the time frame!!
March 19th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well the last one was like last week....
March 19th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well the average DPO for getting a BFP is 13.6 days so let's say 14... so if you tested last Friday(?) and got a negative we can assume you were less than 14 DPO so now it's 7 days later and we can assume you're less than 21 DPO... so fertilization might have happened between late Feb (like Feb 26/27) and March 9.
I picked March 9 because that would make you 10 DPO which is on the early side for a BFP.. but the +/- test was pretty dark and those tests aren't that sensitive so you're probably more than 10 DPO..
In any case I think you're definitely in the November DDC!
When you go for your U/S they will be able to date it exactly
When you go to the dr. for your first appt. they will give you your due date based on the first day of your last period but that due date is based on the assumption you Od on CD 14 which is probably not true since you got a BFN last week (and it should have been positive by then if you Od on CD14).

Anyways all that analysis is just for fun, I can't wait to see what the u/s says!!
March 19th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My appointment is April 6th. When I go in I'm definitely going to tell her all the details so hopefully I can get a more accurate EDD. But I'm sure it should be November, so looks like we will be in this pretty close together.

Guess I could start my preggo journal.
March 19th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Man! I totally missed when you said you got a BFP! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
March 20th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Servilia View Post
Well the average DPO for getting a BFP is 13.6 days so let's say 14... so if you tested last Friday(?) and got a negative we can assume you were less than 14 DPO so now it's 7 days later and we can assume you're less than 21 DPO... so fertilization might have happened between late Feb (like Feb 26/27) and March 9.
I picked March 9 because that would make you 10 DPO which is on the early side for a BFP.. but the +/- test was pretty dark and those tests aren't that sensitive so you're probably more than 10 DPO..
In any case I think you're definitely in the November DDC!
When you go for your U/S they will be able to date it exactly
When you go to the dr. for your first appt. they will give you your due date based on the first day of your last period but that due date is based on the assumption you Od on CD 14 which is probably not true since you got a BFN last week (and it should have been positive by then if you Od on CD14).

Anyways all that analysis is just for fun, I can't wait to see what the u/s says!!
Well I have all the days that we boomed to it has to be around one of them right. And I will tell you it wasn't very many times. Feb 15th, Mar 2nd and Mar 3rd. Do any of those fall in your analysis....lol?
March 20th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think March 2nd or 3rd is it.. because if you got pregnant from boom boom on Feb 15th it woud probably have been a positive last week already.. but I guess we will see for sure when you go get a u/s!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 20th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is what I thought anyway so that's what I used to make my ticker at the bottom. I can't wait until April 6th even if it's only the first appointment with blood work and such. Trying to think if I should take DH with me to my appointment or not.
March 21st, 2010, 06:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f8...l#post19517426

Here's the link to my preggo journal!
March 21st, 2010, 05:25 PM
oh well then.. I will be stalking you on your preggo journal now... see ya in a bit!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search