Erin's (MrsHoot) 1 month TTC Journal =)

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2010, 06:30 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Back Story: DH and I are only trying this month, as that was our compromise! Being a teacher, I would like to have a baby near the end of the school year, so it kind of limits our time. On top of that, DH is more comfortable waiting another year. So we're giving it a go this cycle, and if it doesn't happen now we will wait until next summer and ttc more aggressively.

I am desperately hoping that it happens this month and am thinking positively. But I've been reading all of the stats- only 25 percent of couples conceive in their first month, etc. etc, so I'm trying to think realistically as well. I am technically in the 2WW because AF should be here in 2 weeks. (That makes sense right?! =) I believe I Oed sometime this past weekend. DH and I BDed on Wednesday night, Saturday, and Sunday. He was out of town Thursday and Friday, hopefully that doesn't make us miss the egg!! I'm planning on Bding tonight too, just in case. =)

We aren't temping or charting, just kinda taking it easy with the mentality of whatever happens, happens. I am thinking about things all the time and asking for signs and documenting every little feeling I get! I didn't know that implantation takes 7-10 days, so that's pretty interesting. I could have Oed anywhere from Wed to today, so it's all a guessing game. I had cramps on Sat night, and have been kinda gassy the past few days.

I have been wanting to workout, and went one time last weekend. But I'm not a regular and am worried. LOL I wanted to do Zumba today but I'm afraid that it will jostle and that it could affect implantation or something like that. It doesn't help that my summer is FREE and I have NOTHING to do but read forums and watch tv lol. I did lots of baking today! I am going to try to go into school a few times a week to take my mind of things and get ready for the school year. I know it will be here in the blink of an eye!

Anyway, I'm using this journal to get all of my crazy thoughts out!

July 12th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I so hope that you catch that eggie this month!! Good luck!

July 13th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Thanks LuvsPecanPie! My dad also loves Pecan Pie by the way. It's not my favorite, I love peach pie! =)

So funny little story, DH and I are going back to our hometown on Thursday and for a long weekend. DH is actually staying for one day and then going racing a couple of hours away. I'm just gonna stay at home with my family. He mentioned that he told his mom we were going to stay at her place, and I said but what about Sadie? (One of our dogs, his stepfather will not allow dogs in the house =P) And he said ohhhh, yeah. I told him I could just sleep at my house if he wanted to sleep at his mom's. And he said, but don't we need to BD a lot this weekend? I thought that's why you wanted to come in the first place! I told him actually I'm almost positive I already Oed this past weekend. He said Oh that's why you were so happy yesterday... =) Haha, so he asked if I was pregnant. LOL men, I told him about implantation and how long it takes, etc., etc.

He brought me flowers yesterday! Just because I've been very lovey-dovey lately-- giving him a massage and making his lunch and other stuff as well.

Well no symptoms, but I suppose there shouldn't really be that much considering nothing has implanted yet most likely. I have had to get up to pee early in the morning the past two days, but that's it.

July 13th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Long sigh!!! I am getting a little frustrated at my DH. I've been really cool lately about all the time he is gone, but it's starting to irritate me! He does car racing and we are going out of town on Thursday. Well he is working 10 hour days this week and then going to work on cars til 10 pm at night. It just sucks because I'm not around people all day, we don't have AC(long fight with our warranty company), and then when he comes home we only have an hour to hang out before he has to go to bed. =(

So I guess one of my "symptoms" would be EMOTIONAL. I sorta feel like crying right now. I've also still been gassy (maybe I'm just eating the wrong foods??) and have been tired, but have trouble falling asleep at night. However, tonight is totally my fault. I took a nap from 6:30 to 7:30 and I am drinking a coke with my late dinner. It's pizza, what goes better?!

Also- I was bad today. I bought the bassinet that I loved and saw from Craigslist. I'm hoping that it won't jinx me! I think it was a sign. =) I emailed her about it last week just to see if she still had it. And then I just let it go. The other night I asked for signs to know if I was pregnant or not. And then yesterday she emailed me out of the blue and said someone else was interested, but I was the one who inquired first so did I want it? Someone on Craigslist who was honorable and decent! Amazing! I picked it up today and thought wow, I could totally be friends with her. But how do you go from Craigslist to friends?? Not sure... Probably not a sign, but I'm grasping at straws here!

The end.

July 13th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I have to say, I have been loving reading your journal as we are somewhat alike in the asking for signs and the whole relationship factor as well!

My BF works in IT and he works long days, usually gets home around 7, we have dinner and he is in bed at 8 since he has to get up so early. I am home all the time too as I got laid off last September and though I am going back to school, it doesnt start again until September (as I missed the summer semester) and it bugs me that I dont get to spend much time with him at night. I guess I have a benefit since I have my daughter but sometimes you need to talk to an adult! lol

I do hope that this is the month for you. If I had to put off trying for a year, I dont think I would be very happy but I do understand how it makes sense for you with being a teacher and all!
July 14th, 2010, 08:20 AM
iikeriii-- Exactly! Sometimes I just need an adult (or anyone in my case lol) to talk to! July is his busiest month, and next weekend he doesn't have a race so there will be a break. He said he's getting tired of his long hours too. I'm going to have lunch with him at his work today, so that will be nice!

My skin is so horribly greasy and this just started yesterday. I washed my face before bed, and it's uber greasy when I get up! Could be the new facewash I'm using, but it's an exfoliater kind (is that a word?) and I don't think that would be the case. Maybe I will try with my old one tonight and see if it still happens tomorrow!

DH is convinced that I'm pregnant. His brother and SIL got pregnant the month after she stopped BC. He thinks his family has super sperm or something. I would rather him not be convinced, because he gives me a lot up hope, which means that if it doesn't happen the letdown will be even greater. Maybe he will be disappointed and want to try in August too (that would still work for the school schedule!). We'll see!

July 14th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Hi!

Its possible when you exfoliated that it opened up the oil glands and they are just getting stuff out? It will be interesting to see if your other skin stuff has the same thing happen. LOL @ super sperm!

I hope that you are in fact pregnant. Those two weeks are the worst ever! It can be a let down but usually what can make it better is that there is next month, but if you do in fact have to wait another year (unless he agrees to August) then I can see how that would be more tough.

I am glad to hear that you will be having lunch with him today. My BF will be working from home every Wednesday the rest of the summer as we have to do a produce pick up at the farm. We got a CSA this year so we have to do this pick up all summer.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Keri
July 14th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks Keri! I'm going to try out my old face wash tonight to test out the theory. =) The TWW is hard to get through and seems to go by really slow! I did have lunch with DH, and it was nice to spend time with him. But it was a table full of guys and all they talked about was WORK! Ohhhh engineers! That is really nice that BF will be working at home on Wednesdays. It's nice sometimes just to have them in the house, and know that their there. =)

July 14th, 2010, 04:35 PM
sophiesmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there!

Just thought I would add that DH and I also starting ttc this month! I am also a teacher and I had to laugh at your comment that all you have to do is sit around and read message boards because that is my exact situation as well!! Ever since we started trying and I discovered this message board, I am addicted! It is my first month off BCP too. Maybe we'll get lucky and get our BFPs this month!
July 14th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Good luck Wantababyinpa! It has happened! I loved the message boards too, I keep checking them but dont have a lot going on..so I get excited to respond to someone and then I dont have a lot to say! lol But maybe we will get to talk throughout the day as we all hang out!

Ugh! Lunch with the guys! Engineers must be as bad as IT guys! At least July is ending soon and you will have more time with him where there wont be so much work talk (which I always think about as the teacher from The Peanuts..wahh wahh wahh...).
July 14th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Wantababyinpa-- hope you get your BFP this month! It's so true, when you have nothing to do except read message boards they just don't get updated fast enough! haha. I go to a few teaching ones too, so I try to keep a variety. =)

I would be willing to bet engineer guys are as bad as IT guys! Ahhhhhhh well. It is like the teacher from peanuts! Agreed. Although I'm sure he wouldn't be interesting in hearing me teacher talk with my teacher friends.

I used my old facewash tonight, so we'll see tomorrow if it can be considered a
"symptom" =)

July 15th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Watching A Baby Story today! The delivery always makes me cry!! DH and I are going out of town today, he's going racing with some of his family and I am staying with my family. I'm excited to hang out with all the nieces and nephews!!

My face was still greasy...but not as much as it was the last two days. So maybe it's just the summertime heat. =) I don't think there's much of anything else to report on for the TWW. But if I didn't O til Sat or Sun, there probably hasn't been implantation anyway. So I'll just hold on to that thought!

July 15th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Yes! Remain positive! The face wash is interesting. It could be many things I suppose. The heat does strange things to my face too though lately its been really good since I started using this stuff by Avon. I dont usually use Avon stuff but I got samples and it made my 30 something skin look so much younger, so I switched to that.

I am so happy that you will get to spend some time with family. When you dont get as much time to spend with them, you really do appreciate them more, especially extended family.

I think I am getting my AF this week which is a little depressing but, I guess there is always next month. Sigh...
July 15th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Boo to AF!!! I hope she stays away . We are currently in the car on hour 5 of our 9 hour trip! I had a weird episode of being super hungry with hot flashes and felt like I was going to throw up. It passed like 10 minutes after it started. Could this be considered nausea? Hmmm not sure!

July 15th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Well I am sure it counted as nausea when you were feeling it! It could be...how far are you from being late? 9 hour car trip that is a looong ride. We drove to Florida to take my daughter to Disney from New Hampshire..though we stopped in MD that took forever! She ended up hating it..shes more of a book kid! lol
July 17th, 2010, 08:04 AM
I am not due for af until next Monday, so I've got a ways to go! 9 hours is really long. After about 6 I am just ready to be there!! It's been pretty nice being home and hanging out with the nieces and nephews. I also stopped to visit my friends 6 week old daughter. She was super cute!!!! She has slept 13 hours a night the past few days. I also took my nephews to the pool and they had a blast. There were bout a million pregnant ladies there! Can't wait til I'm one of them!!

July 18th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Not much to update here, but I've got some time to kill while I'm waiting for DH to come home tonight! =) I really have no symptoms except for possibly fatigue. I wake up tired. I even got atleast 9 hours of sleep last night, and still woke up tired. I've been napping or tired in the evenings as well. Not putting too much stock in conceiving this month. But school is right around the corner and will just have to keep me busy. =)

July 19th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I am sure when school starts that will absolutely keep you busy but it would be so much sweeter if you could teach while growing a baby! : ) I am glad you had a good time. Are you home now?

I have not gotten AF yet but I am irregular so I dont really know when to expect it. I dont really have any symptoms. My BB's are still a little sore but not as much as they were. With my daughter I didnt have any symptoms until 5 weeks so I dont think anything I am experiencing is related and frankly I think I am going to get AF this month. Sigh...
July 19th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Keri-- I'm staying positive for you! I kept track of mine for about 5 months and it is usually 31 or 35 days, so I don't always know the exact day to expect it either. Comforting to know you didn't feel any symptoms until 5 weeks. I guess it really varies from person to person, but I feel like there really wouldn't be too many symptoms until after implantation at the very least.

We FINALLY got home around 9, it was a long day! I'm glad to be home and not in the car. =)

July 20th, 2010, 03:26 PM
sophiesmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I will be happy when school starts up again so my thoughts wont be so consumed by ttc. I had a physical with my GP today and of course she said, "just try and relax and let it happen naturally." So much easier said than done!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search