New to the site and trying to conceive #2!

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I am new to the site but I wanted to find a place to journal and I am so impatient and I find writing helps that. Plus, I want to be able to make some new friends that are in the same boat, it should make the journey a little more enjoyable.

I have one daughter who is 9 years old from a previous relationship. My BF and I want a few more kids and as I am 34 we were in agreement to get moving on it.

The thought of having another child makes me so happy. I love my daughter, seeing her change and become the person she is going to be and having those little teaching moments has been wonderful. I must admit though, I loved being pregnant and the infant stage. There was something so miraculous about being up in the middle of the night feeding the baby as they lock onto your eyes and it just becomes this overwhelming beautiful moment.

So this is our real 1st month TTC. I am using OPK this month. Last month I used BBT though I dont sleep well and I found getting up in the middle of the night a lot along with wanting the room cold and sometimes waking up cold depending on where the blankets are was throwing off my temp so I am sticking with OPK, testing between 2-4pm every day. Got two lines on Saturday with the test line lighter, two lines yesterday which were very close to being the same shade and two lines today with the test line lighter. I dont know if that would mean my O was yesterday, or at least my surge but bcs of my BF schedule we were only able to BD today. So, I am remaining CAUTIOUSLY hopeful.

My daughter was somewhat of an accident so I didnt go through this planning with her. I hope it happens quickly because I am impatient, yet, I am trying to relax with it as well.

I hope everyone is well and gets their little bundle of love soon!
July 13th, 2010, 07:01 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Keri, I hope it happens quickly for you! It's good that you're trying to relax as well. =)

July 13th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks!! I hope this is your month too so you dont have to wait a year!
July 14th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Though I BD in the time when I got a + OPK I am not so sure that I made it this week. My cycle is highly irregular and so I dont really know when to expect it but I do know that my breasts are swollen and hurt which has only happened a couple times in the many years I have had my period. But still, does not feel the same as when I was pregnant with my daughter. Still somewhat hopeful.

The strange thing is I am still getting faint test lines on my OPKs which according to the packaging is a negative but...I have taken so many since I started and except for when it turned positive I have only ever had one line. I wonder if it stays as a faint line after the Surge?? I think I might test this theory in the next month or so.
July 14th, 2010, 03:01 PM
OPKs are kind of confusing to me! I've just used them here or there, but they either had to line or a light line. I feel like when I got the light line, I was gearing up to O. I don't think it's that unusual to get two lines. I bet you're right about maybe it stays after the surge because there is still LH in your system. Hopefully the tender bb's are a good sign!!

July 15th, 2010, 11:17 AM
MommyHoney's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by iikeriii View Post
I am new to the site but I wanted to find a place to journal and I am so impatient and I find writing helps that. Plus, I want to be able to make some new friends that are in the same boat, it should make the journey a little more enjoyable.

I have one daughter who is 9 years old from a previous relationship. My BF and I want a few more kids and as I am 34 we were in agreement to get moving on it.

The thought of having another child makes me so happy. I love my daughter, seeing her change and become the person she is going to be and having those little teaching moments has been wonderful. I must admit though, I loved being pregnant and the infant stage. There was something so miraculous about being up in the middle of the night feeding the baby as they lock onto your eyes and it just becomes this overwhelming beautiful moment.
So, I am remaining CAUTIOUSLY hopeful.

My daughter was somewhat of an accident so I didnt go through this planning with her. I hope it happens quickly because I am impatient, yet, I am trying to relax with it as well.

I hope everyone is well and gets their little bundle of love soon!
I am also TTC #2 and new to the site....and looking for friends. My 1st is 3 year old little boy who wasn't exactly planned or unplanned. Both my husband and I really really want a second child...And my son keeps asking for me to have another. He checks with me like once a week "Is there a baby in your tummy, yet?", I want so badly to tell him yes.

I totally agree with you about being pregnant and the infant stage....its beautiful, wonderful, awesome-in every way!

Good luck to you! and everyone!
July 15th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Well, welcome! Everyone here has been so friendly. I loved the 3 year old age. It seems like a lot of people say to watch out for the terrible twos and I never had a problem. Though my daughter seemed like she went from 8 to teenager overnight and now that shes 9 its even more so. Sigh... I think its different with boys though.

How long have you been TTC? Are you using BBT or OPK or winging it? I look forward to chatting with you on here! : ) Good luck!!
July 23rd, 2010, 10:28 AM
Send a message via MSN to MegShmeg
Hey there! I'm also TTC#2 and new to the site. I've never used OPKs so I'm interested to read about your experience! My DH and I are taking it easy as well..but I am ALSO impatient!

I'm hoping it works out for you ASAP!
July 31st, 2010, 04:14 PM
I am also TTC for number !! Wishing us all BABY DUST !!!!
July 31st, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hey Keri! Just wanted to see how things are going for you! Hope you are well. =)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search