Kristy's TTC Journal!

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Veteran
Hello!

My name is Kristy and I'm 26 years old. My DH and I have been married for almost 9 months and have been TTC for 5 - going on 6 months. I've been charting on FF for 4 months and taking the advice of a herbalist since day 1 of TTC. After my first few months of TTC I found out that I had a short luteal phase. (8 days) So I started taking some B6 on top of my prenatal vitamin, and now, 3 months later.... I have a 14 day luteal phase! We use OPK's and they work like a charm every month! It's a good thing we are using them because my Ovulation Day has moved from day 21 to day 14 since TTC. I'm thinking now that I have a regular cycle, we have a better chance of getting our BFP!!!

Right now I'm on CD9 and getting ready for the BD marathon! My DH used to find this time a little stressful, but now we just enjoy it! Hopefully this is our month!

I'm excited that I found this website! I need somewhere to put my thoughts, and what better place than a forum full of other women in the same boat!! I look forward to reading your posts and journals. I can't wait to both learn from your situations and give whatever advice I can from my own experiences!
July 18th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Kristy and welcome! I am Caitlin(20). DH and I will be celebrating our first anniversary on August 1st! We have been ttc for two months since I am knocking off the first three because of going off birth control. B6 has also helped me so I am glad that it has helped you! You are definately going in the right direction by using opks and charting! The girls here are great! I am one of the host of chat that we have on Thursdays at 7 PM EST in the TTC Room. I look forward to getting to know you and I hope your stay with us is short and sweet!!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
July 18th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Veteran
It's nice to meet you Caitlyn! I mentioned in another forum that I'm teaching Thursday nights, and won't be able to make it to the chats. But I will be active in posting my thoughts and opinions!!
July 19th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Want2BaMommy7
Hi Kristy. Now that you have a regular cycle I hope you get your BFP soon.
July 19th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Veteran
Thanks Tiffany! I hope so too!! I'm on day 10 of my cycle right now, so I'm enjoying my relaxing first two weeks before the dreaded 2 week wait!!! I think I'm getting a little bit better at getting through those LONG days, but I still seem to get "imaginary symptoms" for the last 5 days every month! When AF arrives I always think I must be crazy!!!
July 19th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Kristy
It's so great you started a journal! It's really fun Are you using FF to chart? We love to chart stalk so if you want, you can put an FF ticker into your siggy. I think there might be a post minimum to have a siggy but I'm not sure if it's 10 or 50.

Anyways, it's so great that the B6 helped you with your LP
I hope your stay is short and sweet!!

Baby girl born Feb 2013

July 19th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Veteran
Oh I will look into that!!! What's a siggy? I would love to share my charts!! They are my obsession! haha

Oh! I'm guessing that means signature? I will try that.

Married on October 31st, 2009

July 19th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Veteran
I think that worked! Thanks!

And yes, B6 worked wonders for my chart! I love it! I heard that it worked, but I still can't believe how amazing and responsive the body is! And now that I pay attention to the signs my body gives off... I seem to know exactly what is happening! - Except for the last 5 days of my cycle when I'm always almost positive I'm going to get a BFP!! haha One of these months I'm going to have to be right!!!!

July 19th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Kristy! I'm Stephenie (24), DH is Andrew (23). We have been married for a year and almost 2 months, and TTC since December. I hope your stay is short and sweet! Good luck and baby !

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
July 20th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Veteran
it's nice to meet you Stephanie! Thanks for the baby dust and right back at ya!!! We got married on Halloween in Arizona and it was amazing! Now we are thrilled at the thought of starting a family.

July 21st, 2010, 11:33 AM
Veteran
Well, I'm on CD12 and my OPK's are showing a very faint line, so we are on the BD train right now. Hopefully the line gets really dark soon, because I'm not sure how many days in a row DH can handle!! I hope we get the timing right!! My temps are strangely consistent this month! I've never had so many straight lines on my chart! I'll take any difference each month as a good sign!!! Except I do have really bad allergies right now and a possible cold along with it. I hope that doesn't effect my chances!

July 21st, 2010, 01:17 PM
I hope you get your timing right! DH and I have definately had a BD marathon trying to catch this eggie! My allergies are acting up pretty bad as well along with a cold!I hope you feel better soon! I do not think it will affect your chances!

12-10-10 2-6-12
July 21st, 2010, 07:13 PM
domestikatie's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to domestikatie
Kristy, we're almost cycle buddies! I'm on CD14, and on my third day of EWCM so I think today was the day! How long is your cycle usually?

thanks to SamuelsMommy for my perfect siggy!

July 21st, 2010, 10:36 PM
Veteran
Caitlyn - I hope you allergies don't give you too much trouble. Mine were feeling a bit better today. It's the first day in a while that it didn't rain, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. Usually the rain is supposed to lessen allergies, so I have no clue!
Katie - We are almost cycle buddies!!! I usually have a 28 day cycle, so I should be ovulating in the next few days. The OPK was still really light today though, so I might not O for 3 more days! HOWEVER - I did have some EWCM today! So that's a good sign! I hope you guys took full advantage of your day!!

July 22nd, 2010, 02:12 PM
Veteran
Positive OPK today! I'm surprised because it was SOOOO light yesterday, I was worried it would still not be positive today. And perfect timing because we are off to the mountains tomorrow. I'm thinking at least 3 more days of BDing and it's covered!! I'm feeling excited and hopeful this month! Which is a far cry from last month - I was pretty negative about everything last month, so it's a good feeling to be smiling. It must be due to this wonderful site!

July 22nd, 2010, 02:24 PM
My allergies are better today and I hope yours are too! Yay for a positive opk! I hope your nice weekend in the mountains brings you a BFP!!!

12-10-10 2-6-12
July 22nd, 2010, 09:19 PM
Veteran
Thanks Caitlin! I hope so too!!!

July 24th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Veteran
Ok, so 2 days ago on day 13, I had a positive OPK, and had one yesterday as well - but the line was just the same darkness as the control line. but now today I got a REALLY dark OPK, so I'm guessing this is the one I'm supposed to listen to? My temp hasn't gone up yet, so maybe today is my O day! We BD'd this morning, so I'm hoping that was good timing!! Maybe I can get one more "boom boom" from DH for good measure!!

Ok thanks for letting me think out loud!!! It helps keep me sane!

The mountains are beautiful and we have as second golf game booked for tomorrow! I don't think I could be more relaxed!

July 25th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Relaxing is great! I am glad you are enjoying you weekend in the mountains! Try to get some more boom boom in!!

12-10-10 2-6-12
July 30th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Kristy how are things? I see you are 5 DPO!! Are you feeling any symptoms?

Baby girl born Feb 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search