TTC Month 1 off the BC

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, so I am trying to figure out how would be the best way to track Ovulation after being on BC for the past 16 months. Is it normal to what you would have done or does it track differently? We are TTC right now, but all the OPK have been negative. So confused.
August 20th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting is a great site for tracking
ovulation& Search Results for "monthlycycles.com" as well. I am
Nayomi by the way.
August 24th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi thank you! We are trying to figure all this out with me just getting off of Nuva Ring so I have no idea if that throws things
September 29th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi my DH and I are TTC after being on the pill for 3 years. This has been our first month trying since I stopped the pill last month. Let me know how youre doing? wishing you a BFP!!!
September 29th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
From "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" (FAM) by Toni Weschler, 10th anniversary edition 2006, page 108-109

The Pill can cause any of the following disruption for up to several months after discontinuing:
false high temperatures
temps that seem out of sync with cervical fluid
absence of typical ovulatory cervical fluid
continuous seemingly fertile watery of milky cervical fluid
short luteal phase
irregular preovulatory bleeding and spotting in the luteal phase
poor menstrual flow following ovulation

"Those who tend to take longer to clear the drug from their systems, and therefore take several months to resume cycling after hormones, are often young or thin... In addition, you should be aware that once women do resume natural cycling, they may experience short luteal phases for the first few months...reflected in high temperatures of fewer than 10 days after the thermal shift."

It is possible that you may not ovulate, and that valid ovulation will be hard to accurately detect, for several months.

My first month of fertility charting began over a year ago because we were still actually preventing, but I was having major health problems on the Pill (bleeding 28 days straight). We were told it was unlikely I could get pregnant for a while because of those problems. That first month, I guess we should have used extra protection the entire time, because I got pregnant right away. I carried for 14 weeks. It is considered likely that the placenta was unable to attach fully to the uterine wall because I had got pregnant right away after such problems with the Pill. I hope no other woman goes through what I did last year.

You should be aware that, although my experience was unique, even with a healthy woman the Pill causes changes and abnormalities to the uterus, causing the body to believe itself pregnant, and after stopping use of the Pill the body often takes as long to recover (hormonally and with uterine lining) as it would after a pregnancy and delivery sans nursing. It is highly advised, therefore, to allow your body several cycles to recover and resume normal operations before conceiving.
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38, the Bible
September 30th, 2010, 05:55 AM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
HI just wanted to stop by and wish u luck on the ttc journey and hope that your stay with us be short and sweet and u start a preg journal soon! I dont knw much bout BC i was only on them for a few months when i was a teen and they did horandus things to my body but many ladies on here after their first month off they got preg next cycle and some it takes a while. GL

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

September 30th, 2010, 10:05 AM
*Mrs.ToyaJae*'s Avatar Super Mommy
Hi hun! Hope you get a BFP soon and have a healthy full term pregnancy.

My. Two. FAVORITE. Little. Men.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search