TryingforNumber2's TTC Journal

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Regular
I decided to bite the bullet today and start a TTC Journal. So here we go...

I'm a 30 year old "single" mother of one. I say "single" because although I'm not married I'm in a loving committed relationship with a wonderful man. We'll call him FH (future hubby lol). My daughter is 12 years old so its been a long time since I've even though about having more children. 5 or 6 months ago FH shocked me one day when he confessed that he wanted a child of his own. After giving it some thought I realized that I also wanted to be a mother again. So we decided to go for it. My first child was not planned at all so I'm really excited to have the chance to plan this pregnancy.

We began casually trying for the first 2 cycles, no charting, temping, or really focusing on it but by cycle 3 I was becoming obessed with making our little bundle of joy. I began using ovulation calculators online to pinpoint my O day. This is how I found JM. I really thought that knowing my ovulation days would make this easier but now I see that I have to do a lot more.

Cycle 4 had a lot of ups and downs for me. I began checking my CM and really thought I had pinpointed the perfect time to conceive. We BD'd 2 or 3 times a day for 4 days straight. I read somewhere online that it may help to elevate your legs for 15 minutes after BD'ing so I started doing this as well. FH really got a kick out of watching me hold my legs up for that long. We were very confident that we would get a BFP this time around. Tuesday, Sept 7th 11 DPO, I began spotting and just knew it was IB. I walked around all day yesterday (12 DPO) beaming from ear to ear because I was still spotting, like a drop every 2 hours. Unfortunately, later in the evening I moved from spotting to a light flow. So I guess that means no BFP for me :-(.

So here I am at the beginning of cycle #5 ready to do it all over again. I hate the feeling of depression that I have to go through everytime AF shows her ugly face but I know that it takes time. I also know that things happen on God's time not mine. So I'm going to stay positive.

I look forward to sharing my journey with anyone that decides to stop by.

TTC #2 - Cycle #5
September 9th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar ***Only 1 wish***
Congrats to starting your journal!!!! I hope you get your this
cycle.
September 9th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Regular
Thanks! I hope the same for you!

TTC #2 - Cycle #5
September 10th, 2010, 10:55 AM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Hey glad u started a journel... cant w8 to read up on your journey hope we both get our bfp's soon.... gl

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

September 10th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Regular
Thanks Swtneka! You were my inspiration for starting the journal. :-)

Well, I started temping today. It actually wasn't as hard to remember to do as I thought it would be. As soon as I opened my eyes my first thought was grab the thermometer lol. I can't wait to see my chart filled with temps!

I'm going to try not to include TMI but I have to comment on the fact that AF is scaring me this month. In my previous post I mentioned that it started with spotting for a day and a half which is not normal for me at all. AF is normally at full blast from day 1. But what's scaring me even more is that now it extremely heavy and I'm experiencing a lot of clotting and abnominal pain. Of course my mind went straight to miscarriage but is that possible? Could my egg have tried to implant but something stopped it? I've also been reading about tubal pregnancies but I'm hoping its not that serious.

I'm gearing up for a fun weekend with friends and family to take my mind off my recent disappointment. I have my first cheerleading practice tomorrow - super excited about that and then I'm off to my little sister's housewarming party. We will be watching the Miami/Ohio State game -- Go Canes!!! And last but not least I'll be finishing up my weekend with a BBQ at my house.

TTC #2 - Cycle #5
September 13th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Regular
I'm excited that AF is on her way out and its time to wait for the big O! I forgot to temp over the weekend but I remembered to catch it this morning. I'm really hoping that temping will give me my BFP this month. It looks like I might O during my b-day weekend...wouldn't that be a great b-day present! FH's b-day would fall the weekend that I would (hopefully) miss AF so it would be a great present for both of us.

I found out that yet another friend is pregnant and engaged yesterday. Its becoming so hard for me to smile and congratulate others because I want it so badly for myself. But I was a good friend and said all of the things a good friend would say. I know my time will come.

Well I'm off to start my work day! Baby dust to all!

TTC #2 - Cycle #5
September 13th, 2010, 10:58 AM
CherZ's Avatar Proud wife and mom....
Send a message via ICQ to CherZ
Thank you for sharing your TTC Journal, I too am trying for #2 and am on cycle 3. My son is 14 months and am excited to add another baby to our household.

Best wishes in conceiving your child with your FH....it'll come!

~ Cheryle ~
September 14th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Regular
Thanks Cheryle! I'll add you to my prayer list for a BFP. I see you're experiencing the big O today so I'm sending a lot of baby dust your way!

I don't really have anything new to report today on the TTC front. AF is finally gone so now we're just waiting for the big O. I'm proud of myself, I remembered to temp again this morning. I got another 97.2. Right now I feel like these temps don't mean much to me because I don't really know what I should be looking for. Hopefully FF will alert me when there's been a siginificant change. So far I seem to stay in the 97 - 97.2 range.

Well I'm off to start my work day and prepare for cheerleading practice tonight. Did I tell you all how great my squad is!?! I was blessed with a great group of cheerleaders that I can't wait to build a bond with.

Baby Dust to all!!

TTC #2 - Cycle #5
September 15th, 2010, 08:40 AM
*Mrs.ToyaJae*'s Avatar Super Mommy
ha! I totally understood when in one of your entries you said its hard to congradulate others who are pregnant. It broke my heart when my sis-in-law got pregnant and wasn't even trying, it was actually a mistake shes only 18. I was like WOW and she didn't even know until she was 6 months pregnant. Don't ask...long story...((rolling my eyes)) but hang in ther!

My. Two. FAVORITE. Little. Men.

September 15th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Regular
Toya - that would make me upset too. I actually just went through a scare with my little sister that just turned 19 thinking she was pregnant so I know what you mean. Even JM seems to be filled with BFPs lately so its really getting hard to be excited for others. But like you said I'm hanging in there - you do the same chica!

I don't have much to update you on today. I temped this morning at 97.4. I can't wait to see a dip so we can start BDing!

TTC #2 - Cycle #5
September 16th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Hey Mahogany... I am so happy i know your name now. Im so happy that u started tempin and hopfully it will get your closer to your bfp! Yea its hard seein all these ladies get their bfp's especially some1 close and those who were not tryin. Dont worry our day will come I have faith it will!!!!

September 21st, 2010, 10:25 AM
Regular
Hello JM!! Iím back from my mini birthday vacation and boy do I feel refreshed! FH and I had a few bumps and arguments over the past weekend which really wasnít good since I think I Oíd on Monday. We still BDíd on Sat. and Sun though so hopefully that was enough to catch that little eggy. Iím not feeling confident though since we didnít BD as much as I hoped. I also forgot to temp ALL weekend . I was finally starting to get elevated temps and then I went and messed it up. So I guess Iíll have to rely on my CF to determine O this cycle. I feel like Iím the only woman in the world that has no idea how to do an internal check for EWCF. Lol Iíve read articles on FF about it but I still donít think Iím doing it correctly. How do you know when youíve actually entered the cervix?

FH and I have a lot of couple friends and this weekend one of them confessed that they are also TTC. I donít think they are ready to go full blown with trying though so Iíll classify them as NPNT. It would be cool if we could have our little babies at the same time though. One of our other couple friends are expecting their little one in Nov. Iím very excited for them but I know that once I see that little bundle of joy itís just gonna make me want one even more.

I told FH that if I didnít have AF 14 days ago I would swear I was pregnant right now. I have the strongest cravings for Sweet Tea, Seafood, and Buffalo Chicken Ė crazy huh? Lol Iíve always loved these things but I swear I want them every moment of the day. Just typing about them is making me crazy. The good thing is Iím headed to seafood restaurant in 15 minutes!  I also have other small things like a weird taste in my mouth and lower back pain. I also noticed a very small amount of spotting on Wednesday after BDing, which was very weird. I donít think its possible for me to preggo though after such a heavy AF. Maybe itís the prenatal vitamins Ė oh shoot I forgot to take one this morning. I am really slipping man lol.

Well Iím off to my last birthday celebration - TTYL.

Baby Dust to All!

TTC #2 - Cycle #5
September 21st, 2010, 03:04 PM
Happy Bday Mahogany!!! Sounds like u been busy. Dont u hate when u argue with SO around O time. But u still good if u bd Sun and O'd Monday. Sperm can survive in EWCM for up to 5 days! Without I think only 24 hours but either way u r still good. I heard that some women have breakthrough bleeding when they and I also read that when u bleed when u O could be sign of low progesterone. so maybe thats what that was u might want to ask ya obgyn to give u progesterone test dont u have a short luteul phase too and also some women have cravings round O time. So this can all be signs of ovulation. Hope u caught they eggy this month. GL

September 22nd, 2010, 08:44 AM
Regular
Thanks Sonica! It was truly a busy weekend. I'm actually happy to be getting things back to normal now. I hope we were able to catch that eggy...I don't think I had EWCM on Sunday just watery so hopefully 24 hours was enough. I didn't know about the progesterone thing...I will definitely ask for a test. I have an appointment next week so hopefully she can do it then. My LP was longer before but it became shorter during my last cycle. Hopefully I'm back to normal this month.

I remembered to temp and take my vitamin today! My temp is up to a 97.7, the highest since I started, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. We plan on BDing tonight just in case I haven't O'd. Unfortunately I am having sinus problems today for some reason. I've been sneezing since I woke up. I hope I'm not getting a cold.

Well I'm off to start my work day! Baby Dust to All!

TTC #2 - Cycle #5
September 24th, 2010, 10:38 PM
gl.... hope u caught that eggie

September 27th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Regular
Hey everyone! Sorry I've gone a few days without an update. Thursday and Friday were very busy days at work.

So here I am at CD 20 and I still haven't O'd according to my chart. Since this is my first cycle temping I'm starting to wonder if I've been O'ing for the past 4 cycles. It would really suck to have been trying so hard for no reason. I'm going to the dr. on Sat. so hopefully I'll get some answers.

On a personal note I have to tell you guys that I'm starting to think that now isn't the best time to conceive. I really want a baby but I have to make sure that I'm doing it with the right person. I love FH, trust me I do, but I'm starting to wonder if he feels as deeply for me as I do for him. Of course he says he does but his actions aren't saying the same thing. Definitely not something I should be wondering if we're TTC. So I decided not to try so hard this cycle (not like it matters since I haven't O'd lol). We're going to have a serious talk about my feelings of being unappreciated tonight. I hope it goes well.

Well I'm off to get some lunch! Baby Dust to All! And a special O dust goes out to Swetneka and myself lol.

TTC #2 - Cycle #5
September 28th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Mahogany I am so sorry to hear that your chart isnt showin that you O'd r u using opk's? I got my first positive 2day so hopefully that means something and I am so sorry to hear bout your SO. I do understand bout might want to put things on hold. wouldnt want to bring a baby in that situation cuz the last thing u need in life is a "baby daddy" i have 2 so its not fun! I wish u well and hope that you and him came to some positive conclusiions. I was lookin at your chart and it so looks like mine but with your ewcm maybe u will be Oin soon. HOpe so. gl kmp

September 28th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Regular
Thanks Sonica. We had a long conversation last night and we're back on track. My main problem was feeling unappreciated but after talking to him about it I realized that I wasn't looking at things the way he does. Sometimes what we expect a man to do to show his love is different from his way of expressing love. That was the case with our recent situation. I've learned that I need to speak up and tell him what I expect rather than expecting him to read my mind.

So it looks like I finally O'd! Unfortunately, I don't think we caught little eggy though since we weren't BDing as much as we normally do. Its hard to be upset with your SO and still work on baby making. Either way I'm just happy to have a full chart to reference next month. Now I just have to see how long my LP is.

Since I'm preggo yet I've decided to start a weight loss program in hopes of getting to the weight I wass before I had DD. I'd hate to end up over 200 lbs with the new baby. Can trying to loss weight mess up my chances of getting pregnant? I'm taking an all natural weight loss supplement.

TTC #2 - Cycle #5
October 1st, 2010, 07:52 AM
Regular
Nothing interesting happening over here right now. FH and I are back on track and he's even taking me out on a date tonight. I love it when men listen lol. I think we're going to see the Social Network followed by dinner.

I've been trying to start my diet all week but I keep messing up. So I think I'll give it a try next week and just enjoy my weekend.

Well I'm off to start my work day. Baby dust all around!

TTC #2 - Cycle #5
October 1st, 2010, 09:37 PM
Glad u and FH got things understood. Now yall can focus on baby makin. U O'd YAY which day u think u O"d on? I am lookin at your chart and its not showin O your temps dont show it. I hope u did and remember sperm can live up to 5 days in a viral area so if u had some good ewcm his sperm can still catch the eggie. I know somebody on here who said she only bd once the month she got preg and it was 3 days b4 she O'd so anything is possiable if its meant to be. O and yes i have learned the hard way that u cant expect men to read out mind u have to tell them if u want it done and if they want to work at it too they gone listen and do... Well gl with your cycle and here is some dust for luck dust:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search