purpleturtle's ttc journal 1

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
CD4. Finally BD'd this AM! I was starting to feel very deprived! It's been a week -- a year ago, this would never, ever have happened, and I have been feeling the lack in the last few months. It's my honey's stress at work... He's assistant manager for family business, but my FIL and MIL have been out of town for almost 3 months and my honey has stepped up and been the big boss manager since they've been gone. Sigh. They are supposed to be back in 2 weeks. I'm really looking forward to getting my husband and my sex life back!!!
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38, the Bible
October 6th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Regular
Hey PurpleTurtle - I just read your journal for the first time and wanted to welcome you to TTC Journals! I'm glad you got everything worked out with little Katy. You have much more patience than I do lol. I would not have been able to handle that situation AT ALL.

Best of luck in which ever you try to do this cycle TTC or TTP.

TTC #2 - Cycle #5
October 6th, 2010, 09:06 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Hey Jeanie glad u got some QT time with hubby! i know what u mean my husband works days and i work evening so we never c each other and when we off we takin care of some kind of business. the only time i make bd a must is during my fertile period. i know thats sad but its true. Sometime we go weeks without sex i hate it i really do! Im gone do better. Glad u gone be gettin yours more regualar not just sex but just some together time. thats just as important. gl

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

October 11th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wowza what a weekend! My friend got married yesterday (10-10-10), and I was a bridesmaid (the only one who knows what it's like to be the bride) and the hair and makeup girl. Phew. It was good to see her finally there, after all the stress and family craziness and nerves heightening all day until the 3pm service. His face was priceless as she walked down the aisle. And during several other moments throughout the day, too!

But now I'm tired. We had all the wedding party ladies here at my house to get dressed and dolled up, so I was on my feet the entire time. Added to ironing stubborn tablecloths 6 hours on Saturday, and dancing at the reception with my honey, and my right sciatic nerve was playing up quite a bit when I first woke! I'll stretch later once the girls I care for are sleeping.

My honey and I also had some great BD over the weekend, as well as some lovely down time together just cuddling and watching shows on our netflix account. We are into Pushing Daisies at the moment.

CD 9. 96.9, so my temp is back to it's low phase in good time -- some months it doesn't drop until a few days before O, which can make pinning down O day more tricky sometimes. I expect to O on Sunday (CD 15). We are definitely needing to prevent this month, though, so I may be boring for a while! Not hopeful this time. Oh well.
October 11th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I forgot. My "no 'poo" hair! It's been 3 weeks now since I washed it with shampoo. I did my normal baking soda/lemon wash on it on Sunday morning pre-wedding, let it air dry like usual with a little oil in the ends, and styled it curly with a light spritz of hairspray. I was very impressed with how well my hair had bounce, curl, shine, all day! No frizz, not even from the fluffy short bits growing back from all the hair I lost last year. And still does, after having brushed it through and slept on it. My roots are also not oily yet, so my scalp seems to be adjusting to lower levels of oil. Quite pleased with it.
October 11th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Same day. Still Monday. I'm starting to see Sticky CM, and I know we're TTP again this month but I'm still hopeful...which makes me a little sad... I am told today that my SIL is expecting another boy, ultrasound was perfect, and both are doing really well. I got an email today that a friend upstate had her little baby girl this morning, 9 days late. My friend who was due with her 1st the day before I was due with mine (my 1st mc) reports this morning that her son is cutting his first tooth.

I just want my husband home.
October 12th, 2010, 06:33 PM
*Mrs.ToyaJae*'s Avatar Super Mommy
Hey Jeanie girl. That little 4 yr old was something else. I got stressed just reading about it. UGH just filthy. Well even if your TTP..a nice lil bding is still always ok. I cant stand going days and weeks at a time.

My. Two. FAVORITE. Little. Men.

October 13th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for stopping by, ToyaJae. So far as "Katy" goes, yes I was beyond grossed out! But she is doing better. This week has been good with her. She needs frequent reminders, and her behavior chart requires that she does not argue or sulk when reminded, and she is slowly but surely getting the hang of this. She got all the way up to 10 yesterday! So proud.

BDing is good. Yep, we've not gone a full week since last time I reported frustration, so I am feeling sooooo much more chilled out! Funny how good a little BDing can be for relieving tension. My honey has a 4 day weekend, though, Thursday-Sunday... I am definitely going to be setting up a few romantic occasions.

I have to get my pastor to sign my application, and then paperwork will be sent off this week. We will have to TTP this weekend, though, as I'm due to O on Sunday... Drat and bother! I suppose condoms are back on the menu for a few days.

Well, I guess I will check around the board and see what else is new this week!
October 13th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Hi Jeannie glad things r well and be careful cuz seems when we ttp it just happens.... sseems u r doin good with the hair i know u r glad.

October 18th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The weekend was great! Those romantic occasions were good, and not even all planned by me, which is nice. I did have to run out and buy condoms.... UGH! The dratted things. I hate them. We'd used the single one left in the house, and then the mood hit at 11.30 Saturday night -- quick run to Walmart and back. Anyone else made the panic run while still TTP?

I was supposed to O yesterday (Sunday). I almost always O on CD15 now, but today my temps were still low and I have EW figuratively coming out of my ears! That makes 4 consecutive days of proliferate EW. Hopefully this is O day, CD16, and I can finish out the month and get back to TTC!

Arrrr...... The girls are driving me a little nuts this morning............. "Katy" is singing the alphabet, over and over and over, and it's escalating towards shouting for the third time... Sigh. Going to have to deal with this one! We just took a walk to the duck pond and then played a card game, so she knows she is on self-entertainment for the next 40 minutes.

Better. It's just looking like one of those days. You know? I may find a nature documentary and stick her in front of it for a 30 min respite some time this morning!
October 20th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, here is my chart.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/c...&ts=1287582571

I'm not getting good temperatures this month, so I guess if it turns out to be anovulatory that's not such a bad thing in retrospect! I was supposed to get my thermal shift on Monday, and it's now Wednesday... Ah, well! Just thought I'd share.
October 21st, 2010, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/c...p?d=2010-10-06

We shall see if this posting of my chart works... Pretty sure now that I am not ovulating this month.

Just talked with my doula mother-in-law. I have quite a lot of TTP charts under my belt now, and even since the December 3rd '09 mc I am now back on track but do not ovulate steadily... It's about every other month that I ovulate, but it's not fully consistent. Sometimes 2 O's in a row, sometimes 2 anO. She thinks that I have one ovary that misfires a lot, possibly on the right side since I feel the left more consistently. Not a big deal and nothing to fix. But it's helpful to talk through things with her, and just realize that while I am healthy it might take a little longer than most women to get pg, because my chances are effectively halved. I'm 26 -- this isn't a problem, but not really "normal" for my age group! Most women would not start to see this until mid-30's.
October 26th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I guess that was wrong! I O'd. I'm now 7dpo. We did TTP successfully despite doubt, and things should be fine to TTC in November but I am having an....odd month. I'm experiencing mild low ab "pain", with brown creamy stuff all day, for the last 2 days. I say "pain" because it's not painful, but yesterday it was a little more than twinges.

So I've started using the castor oil with a rice heat pack on my belly once a day. Hopefully, if there is any scarring internally, however mild, the castor oil will help break it up. At the very least the heat pack feels nice!

Wondering if my misfiring ovary is having difficulty, perhaps? Who knows.
October 27th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Hey Jeannie... Sorry been MIA been having some personal stuff goin on within but I have caught up and wonderin if that brown dishcharge u r havin is IB? Just something to think bout in a few days.

October 27th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
IB? Do you mean implantation?

Goodness, I hope not. I mean, I would be thrilled, but then we be without medical insurance coverage at all! I need to not be pg until after November 1st! We prevented, though, and I'm pretty sure it isn't that.
October 27th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Next step on the TTC seriousness, since we are expecting AF in 7 days, since I'm not a morning person, and since I've been unhappy with my weight and shape for the last...year (!), here is the plan:

I came across some old files on the computer, back from way back when I was single and in much better shape! I am a curvy 5ft 2inches tall, 34C, and I have never been exactly slim... I was a bean pole for about 2 years, and then I turned 13 and started growing boobs!!! Nobody knows where I got them from, because they certainly aren't from my mum. I've struggled with putting on weight very easily ever since then, and have only started learning in recent years to see myself as God sees me -- beautiful -- and not compare with my model-ish mother, who bore 4 children and has a 26 inch waist.

SO.... This workout is one of 3 that covers the whole body, that I used to do with free weights on a regular basis back in college. I suffered so from poor self image, and only now I realize how good I looked! Always the way, isn't it? When I do WO 2 and 3 I'll post on here, and then will just name 1/2/3 accordingly as I do them. HOPEFULLY this will help to keep me more accountable to myself!

(each set = 12 reps (12 pumps)) 
(“1” = 1 set) 
(a line space means up to 60 secs breather, no line space means no rest)

Workout 1: shoulders, triceps
(All done with free weight dumbbells. Hoping to make it all 10lbs eventually, so that I can move up to the 12s in a month or two!)

5 mins warm up and stretch

abs: 
1 dead bug
reverse crunch 

30 sec plank 

1 overhead shoulder press
 -- 10lb
1 lateral shoulder raise
 -- 5lb
1 front shoulder raise 

1 forward lunge -- 10

1 bent over tricep extension 
1 seat drop 
-- body weight
1 overhead tricep extension -- both hands on 1 10 dumbbell

1 forward lunge -- 10

1 overhead shoulder press

1 lateral shoulder raise

1 front shoulder raise

1 sideways lunge -- 5

1 bent over tricep extension 

1 seat drop

1 overhead tricep extension

5 mins warm down and stretch
October 29th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Update on my no shampoo experiment...

I got my hair cut yesterday. I had done my baking soda/apple cider vinegar washing the night before, air dried my hair, and only brushed it through before driving to the salon. I hadn't had it cut in about 8 months, and it desperately needed reshaping.

Well, I was a little nervous about what the lady might say about my hair -- it feels and looks clean to me, it's less oily and no flakes whatsoever to be found on my scalp, but would she think it was clean? I described the cut, and she started playing with my hair, commenting on how rich my natural (dark blonde) color was, how healthy my hair looked and felt. I then requested that she not use any product on it whatsoever. Water only. And explained why. She was astonished. She thought I had been using Wen cleansing conditioner on my hair! That's pricy stuff. The whole time she was cutting it she kept commenting how easy my hair was to comb through, how relatively few split ends she found, how soft it felt. Very reassuring, I can tell you!

So that's it for me. I'm never using shampoo again if I can help it! After only 5 weeks of not using shampoo or conditioner, my head and hair are happier, smoother, softer, more manageable, and I have shine all the way from root to tip. I now only have to wash my hair every 3rd day, and I could push it longer if I put it up in a french braid. This is a girl who used to have to shampoo her head daily, and constantly battled with dry ends and oily yet flaky roots. No more hassle!

My husband has been shampoo-free for as long as me, and his hair honestly just looks about the same...but cleaner. Tidier. He doesn't see as much difference himself, partly I think because he has a guy cut, not long hair like mine. He doesn't care one way or the other, but the discovered ease of the bs/acv and the low budget both appeal to him greatly. He also hardly has to wash his hair now, and just does it once a week on the weekend. The other days he wets it down in the shower and combs through. I guess once we TTC our baby number 3 then that kid will join the baking soda ranks! Hooray for hippiedom!
October 31st, 2010, 03:26 PM
Wow Jeanie u been busy. So how is your excercise regim goin. And that is wonderful bout your hair glad u like it. So u dont think its ib well for your insurance sake i hope not. Nov 1st is not that far off. Gl

November 2nd, 2010, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nov 2nd, and CD 1! I got the phone call. Medical plan is all set and was active yesterday, so we can really stop preventing for good now!

Yesterday, Monday, exercised by taking the girls out in the stroller to the duck pond and then walked the long way home. That was a pretty good WO.

Today's is not done yet. Have to wait until PM naptime. Stuff happened over the weekend, and I didn't get resistance training in, so I'm going to power through AF cramps and just get my 20 mins with WO 1 done today, then finish up 2 and 3 this week. (It's supposed to be all 3 done in one week, with a 2 day rest period.)

More cool news is my clever husband got our new gas fireplace installed on Saturday. We don't need it much yet, even though it is November, but we will be very glad to have that come the end of next month. Our central heating was quite pricey last year, so we are hoping that this fireplace will help cut our bills down. It worked for my in-laws -- cut their heating bills in half last year. It's also not as drying as the central heating blower is, and in AZ I need all the moisture in the air I can get!
November 2nd, 2010, 02:38 PM
kiwimum's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Jeanie, just wanted to say what an interesting, intelligent lady you are! I'm so glad that you can now start TTC! btw can I have the recipe for your no poo? which vinegar and how do you put the baking soda on, thanks Jane.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search