Ashley Claire's TTC Journal -

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Hi everyone! My name's Ashley, I'm 27. My DH and I were married August 14th. We both have always dreamed of having a large family, and agreed that we couldn't wait to start TTC! I went off the pill on August 23rd. Between September 11th-13th, I was convinced that I was going through OV. DH and I have been baby dancing every other day. He's very supportive of the process!

After that point, I have had a consistent, deep, shooting ache in my lower back. Nothing has been able to alleviate it! Walking around helps, but the moment I sit down it comes back. Also, have had dull aching in my abdomen for the past two weeks. Both of these symptoms have been attributed to pregnancy, but it could just be my body trying to restart after being dormant for 8 years.

I tested yesterday, BFN....The intrigue and anticipation is killing me! I ordered some HPTs' online, and they should allow me to test every day if I want to! But I think I should wait another week or so to see if AF arrives.

Any feedback or comments about my symptoms are appreciated. Frankly, I could very well just be driving myself up the wall with the possibilities! So the journey begins.

Last edited by ashclindsay; September 28th, 2010 at 12:10 AM.
September 28th, 2010, 11:13 AM
First off, Welcome to the board! I'm Sheila, 19, and DH is Amos, 20. We've been TTC for 1 month.

As far as your symptoms go, they sound promising! However, a thing to keep in mind is that if you had been on the pill for a while it might take a bit to get preggo, but good luck!

September 28th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Ashley and welcome!
I'm Judy 31 and me and DH have been TTC since our wedding last October, and have had two miscarriages..
I started TTC right after going off the pill, and my cycles were regular pretty much right away. I started using OPKs my first cycle, and charting my temps the second cycle.
Your symptoms sound promising One thing to keep in mind and that I have learned in the last year is that pregnancy symptoms often mimic PMS in the early stages, so I learned not to get too excited until I saw those two lines on the test!

Good luck and let us know how things go. I hope your stay is short and sweet! And come visit us on the main Newlyweds board!
- 03/28/10 09/'10 06/'11, D&C July 20 Apr/'12

Baby girl born Feb 2013

September 28th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Ashley! I am Caitlin! We have been ttc since February. Your symptoms sound promising!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
October 3rd, 2010, 01:18 AM
Thank you ladies! It's so awesome to have people to connect with about this.

Servilia, very nice to hear from you! I'm sorry to hear of your miscarriages. It must not have been easy, I know I fear that very thing all the time. Sending baby dust your way, and I wish you all the best in your baby making adventures

I knew going in that it may take me months to get to a fertile state. I tried so hard to not assume anything. So, after all my humming and hawing, the good ol' AF arrived on September 30th. I must have been experiencing PMS symptoms after all. The disappointment has worn off, and I'm actually glad that something happened! Now I can accurately chart my cycle, instead of just guessing.

My tactic this month is to watch for physical signs that I may be O. Then let the real baby dancing begin! I dread the thought of having 6-12 months go by and having nothing happen. How do you deal with that? I have a feeling my impatience will try to take over if enough time has passed...

I'm looking forward to getting feedback, and it's great chatting with you all
October 13th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Good evening ladies,

So, as the days have gone by I'm approaching mid cycle. Today, there were differences "Down there"....I decided to take an OPT (POAS) and there was a slightly lighter line than the control line..... That seems promising! I may be close to O! I'm going to test tomorrow morning to see if the line gets darker. If it does, then I'll be doing some serious BD! I'm beyond excited that my body has awakened. Thinking about the big day when I finally take my HPT and it gives me the BFP......sigh. It'll be magic. I'll update you on any changes while I continue hoping!!

Fingers, toes, and anything else I can find are crossed.
Caitlin, how has your experience been so far? Have you been using specific tactics to detect your cycle? I'd love to hear from you

Ciao for now, and I hope everyone has a great evening.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search