Confused

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2010, 02:20 PM
Quick background.....Stopped taking my pills on September 24th. Started my period on Sept 28th. Have not gotten my period yet. Took 2 preg test at home, both negative. Went to the dr today, negative urine test. I have had these synmtoms: headaches, cramping after I eat (never had that before..I can eat anything without it bothering me), light-headedness even after I have eatten and I have this throughout the day, frequent urination, waking up in the night hungry and very thirsty, not able to sleep, tiring easily. I've read alot of different things that say these are all symtoms but then it also says that this just could be my body adjusting to not being on the pill anymore. The Dr also said that it could be still too soon to tell......I dont wait well and I'm sure that is part of it but I am very confused............any advice???
November 1st, 2010, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I personally hate the bcp and any other kind of hormonal birth control. I have had health problems with it, known many other women to have difficulty, too, and I have come to thoroughly detest it in recent years!

Yes, this is normal. Or at least, not abnormal. I'll explain.

Do you know how the pill prevents pregnancy? In a nutshell, it prevents ovulation from occurring, increases the level of progesterone in your body (the pregnancy hormone), thickens the cervical fluid to make it gluey and hostile to sperm and prevent them from reaching the cervix, and thins the uterine lining to help prevent implantation in case ovulation and conception does occur. Doctors prescribe the pill for heavy AF bleeders because the pill prevents the body from producing much to shed each month, therefore lighter AF on the pill. Dermatologists prescribe it for acne cures, because many women experience new outbreak with the increase of estrogen each month, which the pill prevents.

Your body is now recovering from all this. It is having to understand that it is not, in fact, pregnant, as hormones have been telling it, but no labor or natural bodily process is making that switch happen faster for it. Lining is having to thicken back up, which requires more iron from your body. Headaches and tiredness can easily result. Things "down there" are suddenly working in fertile mode again, so cramping and peeing more often are perfectly usual as muscles etc are readjusting to fertile working order. You may even find that bowel movements are affected.

A warning light goes off in my head when I see headaches, light headed, tired, and thirsty all together. Drink more! Whatever the malady, you can't go wrong with drinking more fluids. You may be eating less due to the cramping, and drinking less because you're eating less. Fresh fruits and watery veg also contain electrolytes that help keep you hydrated, and if you are eating significantly less of those then no amount of gatorade will sufficiently make up for the lack. And, if it was simply too early to tell and you are pg, you absolutely need about twice as much water a day for the placenta to make a strong attachment to the uterine wall.

Try keeping a bottle of clear, fresh water by your bed at night. Chug as much as you can, even if you have to get up more at night. If nighttime hunger is keeping you awake longer, add 1-2 Tbs canned peach juice to the water. This should help calm it down so you can sleep without packing on 1 AM calories.
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38, the Bible

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search