Erin.Minus.Thyroid's TTC#2 Journal

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2011, 08:54 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are now officially TTC#2!

My Background:
I have one child, a boy, who is 4.5yrs old. It took us 5 months (3 cycles) to conceive DS. I have always had long cycles and they have often been erratic. My pregnancy was less than perfect to say the least. Before I even took a pregnancy test I was sick. The morning sickness lasted all day every day. I was diagnosed with hyperemesis gravadium and had to be hospitalized twice in the first trimester. I had to take anti-puke pills for the entire pregnancy and still felt nauseous until the day he was born. Speaking of the day he was born....I had many complications. It started with being over due and I developed pre-eclampsia so they insisted on inducing me. The delivery took 32 hours with 2 hours of pushing. It all ended with a vacuum extraction and a healthy baby boy. I lost a lot of blood and had a bad episiotomy but other than that I was feeling ok. DS ended up getting jaundice and dehydration and was sent to the children's hospital for a week which was terrifying. After that we had no other problems and he has been healthy ever since.

When my son was about 6 months old I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism which was causing lots of health issues for me. I was told to NOT get pregnant until my thyroid was removed because it could be really bad for the baby. At that point I was not really ready to have another baby (i actually was terrified of doing it again) but I wanted another child someday. I had the surgery a year later and by then baby fever had started. I thought after I recovered from the surgery I would be able to start TTC but that was very wrong. My thyroid disease only got worse after it was removed because the medicine they put me on didnt work well for me. I developed adrenal fatigue along with my thyroid disease. I tried everything out there to get healthy but it took a long long time. I was finally cleared by my doctors to start TTC in October 2010. I decided to try to lose some weight (only a small amount of course for the amount of time I had) and get my vaccines/dental stuff checked before TTC.

Now 4.5yrs after my son was born, 4 yrs since I was diagnosed with thyroid disease, 3 yrs since my surgery and when baby fever started....I finally get to say that we are TTC#2.

I really hoped our children could be closer in age but I have accepted that we couldnt plan that. Now Im seeing there might be some benefits for the timing. My DS has been asking for a sibling for years now so I think he will be really happy when he gets one. I also will be able to have one on one time with the new baby when DS is in school.

Here we go again!!

This is our first month TTC. I normally chart my temps to see when I ovulate but this month I was out of town visiting family and got to sleep in so my temps were not very accurate and I didnt temp every day. I am going on CM observations this month. Normally I O around CD21. This month I had EWCM for the last few days of December and then it was gone on January 1st. We BD'd on 12/31 night so it should have been really good timing.
DD born 1/3/12

January 3rd, 2011, 09:06 PM
3DPO I am feeling a little queasy and my nipples are very sore. Im not really sure what this means because its not possible for me to have conceived more than 3 days ago and that is really early to be getting pg symptoms since implantation would not have happened yet. Im also feeling a bit of cramping of my lower abdomen.

Its been a while since i looked this stuff up but I thought implantation was usually around 7-10DPO. Then again, my body hasnt worked quite normal in a while so I might actually get some sort of odd timing on symptoms. Or maybe its in my head...not sure how the sore nipples would be in my head though, the rest maybe but not that.

If we conceived this cycle the due date would be September 24, 2011 which would be really good. I want a fall baby, i want a baby before december, id rather not have a baby near halloween or thanksgiving and if i conceive in the next 2 cycles they would be late oct, late nov, which is not ideal but would be better than december. I just would like to avoid bdays near holidays. The ONLY downside to end of sept is that i'll be very pregnant during the super hot southern summer. I can handle that
DD born 1/3/12

January 4th, 2011, 09:03 PM
4DPO
Still having sore nipples. I wonder if it might be because I was drinking quite a bit of caffeine the last 2 weeks while on holiday. Normally I do not drink caffeine more than once or twice a week and when I do I often get sore breasts. I didnt have any soreness while consuming the caffeine this time but maybe im getting it now that ive stopped drinking it. Who knows...my body is wacky.

A couple of times today I felt nauseous as well. That doesnt mean anything though, I am nauseous just about everyday. Sometimes its more than others but it happens a lot.

My abdomen also feels weird. It feels like its heavy and my muscles are weak in that area.
DD born 1/3/12

Last edited by Erin.minus.thyroid; January 4th, 2011 at 09:30 PM.
January 6th, 2011, 02:49 PM
6DPO
still having the sore breasts and cramping. I have been feeling sick to my stomach and having trouble eating today. The cramping has been pretty bad today and ive got some bloating as well.

took my temp at 8pm just because i was feeling warm...it was 99.7F
DD born 1/3/12

Last edited by Erin.minus.thyroid; January 6th, 2011 at 05:57 PM.
January 7th, 2011, 12:01 PM
7DPO
I had a bit of a rough night last night. I had trouble sleeping from the cramping and nausea. The cramping has been pretty bad and now im wondering if maybe its worse than it should be for implantation. My breasts are only a little sore now too, not bad like they were. I was really optimistic that I was pg but now im not so sure.

Im hoping to test on tuesday at the latest. I will be 11DPO then so with all these symptoms you'd think i could get a BFP then. We are going on vacation and i have family coming in early so i want to know before that either way.
DD born 1/3/12

January 8th, 2011, 05:44 PM
8DPO
Sat 1/8

Today I woke up feeling nauseous. I couldnt get out of bed right away because I thought I would puke. I lay there for a while and i never puked but i have felt nauseous all day long. Lots of cramping still My breasts have been only slightly sore most of the day but got more tender in the evening. Not sure what is up with that.

Ive been really tired the last couple of days. I was falling asleep last night trying to watch a movie that ended around 12:30am which isnt usually a problem for me. I fell right to sleep in bed and then slept in until noon (i woke up a few times but didnt get up totally until then). So almost 12hrs of sleep and still I was feeling tired all through the day.

I went to a bday party for a little friend of my son and there were lots of babies there. There were also a couple of pg women, it kept me wondering all day if i was too. The bday boy's little bro, who is almost 1.5 came running to me and kinda crash hugged my leg LOL it was so sweet. I was expecting him to look up and be shocked thinking I was his mommy or something (that happens a lot to me for some reason) but he didnt, he actually meant to hug me. He is a sweetie.

I only have a digital test at home right now and im saving it. Im thinking I'll pick up some dollar tree tests or something on tomorrow or monday and do a test. I'll be 10DPO on monday so it might be early enough. With all the symptoms i would really think it would come up if I am indeed pg. But Im scared to do it, I really want it to be positive.
DD born 1/3/12

January 9th, 2011, 01:38 PM
9DPO
Sun 1/9
Not feeling very hopeful all of the sudden. I really was thinking this would be it but now im not so sure. Im afraid that the symptoms could just be my body playing tricks on me. I mean im nauseous all the time, my bbs hurt randomly, i get cramps early sometimes so maybe this is all just a regular cycle for me and since there is a chance we could be pg that im hoping so hard for it to be true that im noticing more than is really there.
Im scared to take the test. Im only 9DPO and i was thinking of taking one tomorrow morning but im afraid it will be neg. And I really need to know as early as possible but I will lose hope if I see a

Anyway, my bbs werent really sore yesterday but they are today. Im nauseous and crampy again.

---------------------------

Ok, updating again...
This evening Ive been really warm and my DH commented on how my face was all red. I looked in the mirror and my face is really red and warm. My bbs have really been hurting and i was getting shooting pains in the left one. My tummy is really queasy and some tortilla chips that I got/ate last night i tried this evening and they really tasted bad and made my tummy hurt. My Dh's burrito's smell made my tummy churn as well.
Its weird feeling happy that im nauseous, last time i was so sick the whole time, this is not something to be excited about it happening so early again.

Oh and I found out that someone in my family is pg and due in mid august. My cousin's daughter (21), so that would be kinda weird or cool if we ended up having babies close to the same time (id be due end of sept) because we wouldnt see each other until next Xmas anyway
DD born 1/3/12

Last edited by Erin.minus.thyroid; January 9th, 2011 at 09:11 PM.
January 10th, 2011, 09:25 AM
10DPO
Mon 1/10

We had a snow/ice storm last night and the whole city shut down. I should have stopped and picked up a test last night when I was out at the grocery store but i wasnt going to pay the grocery store prices for tests. I was hoping i could run out to dollar tree today but it doesnt look like that will happen because we have 1/2 inch of ice all over the city and i think everything is closed anyway.

After last night I really am convinced that I am pg. I still have sore bbs but they arent as bad as they get at night. my tummy is upset and I have a bit of cramping but that has lessened. This morning I even collected some FMU in case I could get a test later. oh well, hopefully i can test tomorrow
DD born 1/3/12

January 11th, 2011, 09:43 AM
11DPO
Tues 1/11

Took a clearblue easy digital test this morning and got a It was the only test I had and we are still iced in so I couldnt go for a regular test. Im feeling discouraged, and thinking that maybe im not pg and its all been in my head. How horrible that would be

My mom is supposed to be coming in today on a plane and her flight is delayed, im just hoping it doesnt get canceled. I was really hoping I would be able to tell her in person this time that I was pg. With my son I had to tell her over the phone and it really makes me sad to think that she will be here and im not pg this cycle so i wont be able to tell her in person if it happens. I wont see her again until june most likely. Im also stressed about this whole trip we are going on. I was excited and happy, now i dont know what im going to do there, im going to worry if im pg or not, worry about the weather, worry about my little boy since its the first time overnight without him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

So my symptoms are still here, nausea, slighty cramps, dry skin (started a couple of days ago), bad headache this evening. My bbs hurt really bad. Not sure why they would hurt so much if im not pg, hoping it was just too early to test
DD born 1/3/12

Last edited by Erin.minus.thyroid; January 11th, 2011 at 06:36 PM.
January 18th, 2011, 08:49 PM
AF started a day early on the 13th, 13DPO CD32
I really thought I was pg with all the symptoms I was having. My thyroid tests came back and they were really low so i suppose that is where the symptoms came from.

On to month #2 and CD6 today
DD born 1/3/12

January 19th, 2011, 05:25 PM
CD7
depressed
DD born 1/3/12

January 21st, 2011, 05:56 PM
CD9
Im really feeling discouraged. I keep thinking how perfect it would have been if we have conceived last month. With the way my cycles are the next several months will not be the greatest due dates. I was hoping for early in the month due dates but with my cycle it seems all my due dates would be in the end of the months....and there is halloween, thanksgiving, Xmas, etc all at the end of the upcoming months. I suppose there is a possibility of delivering a week early or late and maybe getting a better date but Id really hate for the baby to end up with a birthday near big holidays when everyone is too busy to celebrate properly.

I really hate having long cycles because its just an extra week I have to wait around. Most people would be getting ready to O in a few days where as I have to wait another week and a half before O time. *sigh* yes this post is one big pity party I figured better here than in the forums.
DD born 1/3/12

January 29th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Cycle #2, CD 17

I started getting watery CM this week and a little stretchy EWCM yesterday, quite a bit more today. Im not sure if maybe I will O a little early this cycle or if im just getting EWCM a little earlier than usual. Either way we need to BD tonight.

Im mad at myself this morning....i forgot to temp. Ugh why does this always happen near O time. I was awoken by my DH when he had to leave this morning for a class and i got up to use the bathroom without thinking to take my temp first. I hate when this happens because if I do O today its going to mess up my chart having a missing temp
DD born 1/3/12

January 30th, 2011, 10:52 AM
cycle #2, CD18
back on the roller coaster of Ovulating. Lots of EWCM. We BD'd last night/early morning so I counted it as this AM since it was after midnight. I have to remember to do that because I didnt last month and I think we ended up being too late. Anyway, Im trying to keep better track. I temped this morning and no O yet. I think we might have a good chance since I should O in the next 2-3 days. Im going to try to convince DH to BD tues as well. Its troublesome during the week though since he is working late most of the time. We really need to catch the egg this month.

------------------------------------------------
i wanted to remember that I found a girl name that I sort of like. With my son we had a really hard time picking a name and never found a girl name we would even consider (lucky he was a boy). If we get a girl this time I want to have some names on hand to consider. The name is Brinley or Brynlee. I thought it was kinda pretty...gotta look into meaning, etc still.
DD born 1/3/12

Last edited by Erin.minus.thyroid; January 30th, 2011 at 04:05 PM.
February 1st, 2011, 10:35 AM
Cycle #2, CD20

Looks like I Od yesterday CD19. Im not sure if the timing will be good enough. I was feeling the O pains yesterday so I knew it was coming. It was weird because I had EWCM in the early morning yesterday and by the middle of the day it was all gone. Not sure what that means, because I was feeling the O pains into the evening. Maybe it means that the sperm already got to the egg so i didnt need anymore CM?? I can hope right?
Since we BD'd somewhere between 24-48 hrs before O it is possible they were there waiting for that egg. Unfortunately, DH was not interested in BDing last night when I knew I was Oing. I was pretty sad about that, not sure that he is as on board with this as he said. I wish he wanted a baby as much as I do
DD born 1/3/12

February 3rd, 2011, 05:33 PM
Cycle #2, CD22, 3 DPO

I was happy to see that both of my charting programs agree that I O'd on CD19. I was a little concerned, its a good thing that I got a nice temp spike this cycle. I noticed that my CM was not normal at all. Even the days I had watery and EWCM it was still much less than normal. I was expecting that my peak day was still a couple of days off by looking at the CM but with the O pains and the fact that I dried up in the middle of CD19, I had to have Od by then. It was pretty weird.
Im hoping that the fact that we BD'd early morning CD18 and we used preseed was enough to make up for the lack of EWCM this month.
Im sad to say that Im still really discouraged this month. Im not sure....I think I got my hopes up too high last month and this month I feel like I just cant handle the disappointment again if I get my hopes up. I really feel like after this month things are not going to be ideal with all the holidays that would be near the next couple of due dates. Im not sure how I would be able to handle it if I have to keep waiting and waiting and waiting. Its really driving me crazy, Ive already waited so long.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, at 3DPO Ive got sore nipples already. I guess its an post O thing. I have been having some cramping and bloating and a weird aching in my lower regions IYKWIM.
DD born 1/3/12

Last edited by Erin.minus.thyroid; February 3rd, 2011 at 09:47 PM.
February 4th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Cycle #2, CD23 - 4DPO

I think the sore nipple thing is a post O night time thing. They dont hurt much during the day but at night they start to feel sore. I also wonder if my checking to see if they are sore, makes them more sore LOL.

Ive been having some pains on my left lower abdomen that kinda feel like O pains. This morning there was a bit of a stabbing pain and now its just a dull aching feeling in the same spot.
DD born 1/3/12

February 5th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Cycle #2, CD24 - 5DPO

nothing much to report today. same slightly sore nipples, cramping in lower abs, thats about it. My temp dipped a bit this morning, not sure that that was all about. 5dpo seems a bit early for it to be anything like a implantation dip
DD born 1/3/12

February 7th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Cycle #2, CD26 - 7DPO

I just need to say that I HATE TCOYF's charting program!! It does not work well at all. If you click on the arrow to move to the next day it wont show up as the next day and then it goes too far if you press it again and saves your data on the wrong date. Then when you go back to remove the data from the future date it will not remove it. GRRRRRR i dont have a temp yet for tomorrow. i guess my chart is just going to be wrong until tomorrow when i have new data to put in there.

In other news....I noticed that I have some creamy CM now. Its not a lot but its definitely creamy. Last night when I laid down in bed for sleep i got some stabbing pains in my lower left abdomen. It felt like i was being stabbed with a small knife or a big needle. The pains lasted for about 10 mins. Im hoping it was implantation pain but obviously it could have been anything. Im known to get random pains. I have minor breast soreness but not much. A little bit of cramping but again, not much. Not really feeling optimistic this month with my lack of symptoms, but i had tons of symptoms last month and i was not pg so who knows
DD born 1/3/12

February 8th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Cycle #2, CD27 - 8DPO

I have been sooooo cold. I wish i could get warm but it doesnt matter how much i put on im still cold. Im worried about my thyroid levels again because if they arent good i feel extra cold. I was just too hyper and only went down 1/2 a pill so i shouldnt be hypo now though....unless maybe i am pg because pregnancy can make you go hypo fast.

Ive been having lots of creamy CM today along with cramps and a back ache.
DD born 1/3/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search