Trying to add a baby to our collection of "kids"

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2011, 09:05 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey there all!
I am 24 and married for 3 years, own my own business with my husband and have 4 horses, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and a bird! I love all my animals dearly and want to add a little one to the mix. I am doing this "journal" to keep my mind on track sometimes and just to get some people's ideas. I cannot talk about this with my mom yet about TTC because she will be all over me everyday asking Q's like "do you feel like your prego?" or "you really need to go to bed early because you need your rest". LOL I love her and we have a special situation where we live. We have 24 acres where my hubby and I live along with my mother's grandparents next door, and my parents just a few hundred yards from them. It is a family compound!

So enough with my background I would like to tell you about my TTC background. Like i said I am 24 years old with scoliosis just on my upper back and I do have bars in the upper portion. I also have very mild asthma. I went off the pill about 2 months ago and we TTC the first ovulation because i know i was ovulating even on the pill because i was inconsistent about taking it the same time every day. Well got a visit from AF on Wednesday..... and wow i remember why i liked being on BC in the first place haha! I was a little disappointed with AF and that whole two week wait from ovulation to AF was awful! I am not a person of great patience especially when it comes to life altering situations So i peed on about 6 sticks even on the morning AF showed up! Nothing..... obviously. So we are going to try again the next ovulation time. I think I am going to try the diva cup to "hold everything in" after we "woo woo". I am using it while AF is here and I really like it!

On to what I would like to have for my birth plan. We are touring the a birth center Wednesday and I cannot wait! I do not want to go to the hospital to deliver (unless absolutely necessary) and home birth really freaked my hubby out haha! So anyway I will let yall know my thoughts on the place when I go. I met with one OB just to ask some Qs and i was rushed through my Qs and really did not feel like she even wanted to answer me. I asked about a water birth and she skoffed at it and mummbled something about it being "dangerous" Anyway I will not be going back to that OB. But I hope that when we do conceive I will be able to have a natural birth

Any comments are appreciated and I hope all my peeing on sticks will turn out good soon enough!
August 20th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey and welcome! My name is Caitlin,21, and I have been married for two years. We have been trying since February 2010 and i had a loss last December.

Have you started prenatal vitamins? If you have not then my suggestion would be for you to go ahead and start them. I would definately find a new ob. I hope you love the birth center you are going to visit! I wish you tons of luck and let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
August 21st, 2011, 10:41 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes I started prenatal one vitamins by rainbow and I really like them. they do not make my stomach hurt or anything!

im sorry to hear about your loss, I will be sending lots of baby dust your way!
August 21st, 2011, 12:24 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you very much! Good I am glad you found ones you like. I am on prescription ones. I had chewable ones at first and they were awful! So now I have tablets.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search